BANNED

Default Character returning in DC Rebirth

I noticed there's no thread for this yet (unless I missed it, sorry if I did) but Geoff Johns said a character would be returning in the Rebirth event. He specified it would be a single character returning, so who might it be?

I'm expecting it to be a Pre-Flashpoint version of some character, since most of the popular DC characters have already been introduced in the DCU. I'm sure some characters are dead at the moment (haven't read a New 52 book in a couple years, so I don't know who) so it could be one of them returning to life.

Overall, I think the DCU could use more than just 1 character returning to improve for fans.

I heard somebody mention a tie to Titans so I guess pre flashpoint Wally will be back.

Matrix should come back. She has a different powerset than Kara, there's no reason she shouldn't also exist.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    I heard somebody mention a tie to Titans so I guess pre flashpoint Wally will be back.
    The big spoilers seem to tie into Flash and Titans, so Pre Flashpoint Wally seems almost likely, but maybe too likely.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by icantstandthisindecision View Post
    The big spoilers seem to tie into Flash and Titans, so Pre Flashpoint Wally seems almost likely, but maybe too likely.
    Pre-Flashpoint Bart Allen maybe? They could make him old enough to be on the adult Titans, and it would also explain the speedster on the 1st Rebirth teaser.

As much as I'd like Bart Allen to be fixed, I'd still rather see the obvious character return. Bart can wait, we need Wally.

BANNED

Adult and married with children ginger wally west
    Bart allen
    Superman one million
    Kon-el,the real amalgamated version of my dreams lol
    Darkseid
    Kal-l

Wouldn't it be Ted Kord, since he's supposed to be mentoring Jaime Reyes, and the Ted that showed up in Forever Evil is rather young?

It's Jay Garrick, accompanied by the the entire Pre-Flashpoint JSA in a mirrored pose of the JLA.

Screw it, And the Wally family clan too.
    Last edited by MykeHavoc; 03-27-2016 at 10:56 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    Wouldn't it be Ted Kord, since he's supposed to be mentoring Jaime Reyes, and the Ted that showed up in Forever Evil is rather young?
    Well, since they already announced that Ted would be in the new Blue Beetle series, and the returning character is probably meant to be a surprise, I think it's someone else.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
    It's Jay Garrick, accompanied by the the entire Pre-Flashpoint JSA in a mirrored pose of the JLA.

Screw it, And the Wally family clan too.
    Jay Garrick was on the original teaser, which I still think is significant, despite what others have said. So it could be him.

However it does seem strange to bring back the old Jay Garrick without any other golden age heroes, unless they are bringing back the entire Pre-Flashpoint JSA like you said, and they're downplaying the extent of the character returns.

It is obviously Rick Flag right?
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Plastic Man
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Jay Garrick was on the original teaser, which I still think is significant, despite what others have said. So it could be him.

However it does seem strange to bring back the old Jay Garrick without any other golden age heroes, unless they are bringing back the entire Pre-Flashpoint JSA like you said, and they're downplaying the extent of the character returns.
    Not only that, I'd think Earth 2 would have more significance in response to this? And maybe Wonder Woman too, not Titans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    Plastic Man
    Damn, I forgot all about Plastic Man! He hasn't made a single appearance in the New 52! I don't know if this was a joke suggestion or not, but I think DC is crazy enough to do it!

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Pre-Flashpoint Donna Troy...?

Harbinger...?