Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Also, since Superboy has an unzipped jacket with an exposed symbol underneath, it's probably not Jon, since Jon has his symbol on the front of his jacket.
    Was Kon Superboy the clone Superboy from the New 52 that died? If so, could it be Kon?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    They probably haven't settled on creatives on Super-Sons and JLA. And no, they aren't going to spoil key bits of the stories. But let's face it, DC changes a bunch of stuff as they go. Why bother doing the second teaser if the first one was so accurate?

You guys can spin your wheels if you want, I'm going to keep things realistic.
    I mean, we did see things from this teaser that were in the actual Rebirth announcement. Jessica Cruz, Superwoman, a young Superboy, Green Arrow.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Cyke View Post
    Was Kon Superboy the clone Superboy from the New 52 that died? If so, could it be Kon?
    That's what I suggested. Also, Kon isn't dead anymore, so it's probably him. Since fans of the character hate what they did to Kon in the New 52, bringing back his 90s look and personality might be a smart way of correcting the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    That's what I suggested. Also, Kon isn't dead anymore, so it's probably him. Since fans of the character hate what they did to Kon in the New 52, bringing back his 90s look and personality might be a smart way of correcting the character.
    The 90s Kon was the Kon made from Lex and Clark DNA, right? That is NOT the same Kon in the New 52 though (That one was like from the future or something)? Or was it a Tim Drake situation where the New 52 altered Drake's origin but it was still more or less intended to be the Drake we knew from pre-Flashpoint?

The 90s Kon was the Kon made from Lex and Clark DNA, right? That is NOT the same Kon in the New 52 though (That one was like from the future or something)? Or was it a Tim Drake situation where the New 52 altered Drake's origin but it was still more or less intended to be the Drake we knew from pre-Flashpoint?
    No, New 52 Kon was totally rebooted.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by icantstandthisindecision View Post
    I mean, we did see things from this teaser that were in the actual Rebirth announcement. Jessica Cruz, Superwoman, a young Superboy, Green Arrow.
    True. I just think that plans changed on the other stuff. If not cancelled, at least delayed.

But other than this business with pre-Flashpoint Superman (which is already in motion before Rebirth) we didn't see much "previous universe" action going on, which is why I don't think we're going to get anything relating to Jay Garrick or Wally West or whatever.

BANNED

I stopped reading New 52 Superboy after 6 issues, but the Pre Fashpoint character (created in the 90s) was a Lex/Clark hybrid. If that doesn't apply to the New 52 version, it can be easily retconned, along with the Tim Drake backstory changes. Bart Allen might be a bit harder to fix, some have suggested revealing New 52 Bart to be Inertia, Bart's evil clone. That would explain his awful characterization.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    True. I just think that plans changed on the other stuff. If not cancelled, at least delayed.

But other than this business with pre-Flashpoint Superman (which is already in motion before Rebirth) we didn't see much "previous universe" action going on, which is why I don't think we're going to get anything relating to Jay Garrick or Wally West or whatever.
    There is the spoiler that's shared between Rebirth, Flash Rebirth, and Titans Rebirth that's kind of why people are wondering about Wally, plus the silhouette here.

And I dunno if the hand on the cover is supposed to be from the old universe, but that implies something. I'm waiting to see what happens, but I'm not ready to discredit the idea that an older Wally - potentially from the old universe - will be coming out of Rebirth just yet, because Wally is the only thing the older Titans and the Flash share. If the spoilers are shared.

Thanks for the background on the different Kons, everyone. I'm happy to hear Kon is alive again. I don't know the character too well (and I can see why people aren't fans of the drastic changes the New 52 gave Kon) but between seeing him pop up occasionally in Superman books and the stuff I saw of him in New 52 Titans, he grew on me.

If Jon (Jon White?) is going around being called Superboy, and we now have a Superwoman on top of Supergirl, I wonder if Kon will get a new name to differentiate himself from Superboy. Maybe something without the word 'super' even in it?

The death in dc universe rebirth 1 will probably be the dcyou superman so hopefully it is not Kon again. Hopefully, Kon will pop up in the superman titles. Steel and Eradicator have not been seen much. Supergirl has a cyborg superman that is different from the pre flashpoint cyborg superman.

BANNED

I just want Kon's legendary bromance with Tim Drake to return. It really bothered me when Dan Abnett said its unpopular to describe heroes as friends. Characters actually liking each other being unpopular? That's a nice thought.

Looks like Tim will be busy hooking up with both Spoiler and Cassandra Cain.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Two things stood out to me:

1. Last time there was a line-wide reboot/rebirth/rehash I went from 6 DC titles to 14. This time I'm going from 5 to 3. That makes me sad as a fan of good comics, and many of the creators and characters at DC.

2. Greg Capullo, not taking a break from comics but from "DC comics". Intriguing. He doing something for Marvel, or will he be doing some creator-owned stuff? I'll have to keep an eye out.
    I'm also in the camp where my total pulls from DC will be down, despite the fact that most of the ongoings I will continue to get will be double-shipping. I just don't feel the same level of excitement that I felt for the New52. This feels way more like a Rehash and a Reshuffling of the Deck, rather than a Rebirth.

BANNED

Hyped overall.
    All bat stuff sounds cool, Dick is back in the black and blue suit, with Tim and Steph in the same book, my comic OTP may can see the light again, lol
    All WW stuff sounds promising
    Unsure about the super office. It seems like a step backwards to have the old version in the spotlight lie that, but lest wait and see

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aquadoc View Post
    I'm also in the camp where my total pulls from DC will be down, despite the fact that most of the ongoings I will continue to get will be double-shipping. I just don't feel the same level of excitement that I felt for the New52. This feels way more like a Rehash and a Reshuffling of the Deck, rather than a Rebirth.
    The double-shipping was a factor in what titles I was willing to give a chance to and which didn't make the cut. I might have grabbed 3-4 more had they been monthly rather than bi-weekly.