Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536
    Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

So did they racebend Huntress too, or is she just being shaded darker?

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    Evidently, she is supposed to be a very dark Italian (Bertinelli)

She's been this way since her intro to the New52

Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    Evidently, she is supposed to be a very dark Italian (Bertinelli)
    As a very dark-skinned Italian I can verify the real-life possibility of this. Especially in my high school days when I would be outside playing basketball a lot, people used to mistake me for Hispanic/Latino all the time. My nickname on the tennis team was "taco" for this reason. ......needless to say I did not pick said nickname. =P
    Me: "Wanna be Hawkeye and Hawkeye next Halloween?"
    My wife: "Only if I get to be Clint."

Two reboots (yes they are) later and all we have to show for it is the rebirth of Ted Kord. That's pretty sad.

Extraordinary Member

I posted this info before and recently in marvel thread below.

This is new52 bi-racial black Italian Helena Bertinelli below,and i think that's her in BATGIRL & THE BIRDS OF PREY REBIRTH #1.
    Huntress (Helena Bertinelli)
    Helena Bertinelli of Earth Prime. Grayson Annual #1

Prime Earth's Helena Bertinelli is revealed to be an agent of the organization Spyral, who is presumed dead by the outside world. This incarnation of the character is a dark skinned Italian woman to keep readers from confusing her with Helena Wayne of Earth 2 according to Grayson series writer Tim Seeley. Her origin is expanded on in Grayson Annual #1 (February 2015). Helena is described as "the most wanted woman in the world," the granddaughter of Frank Bertinelli and the heir to "the entire Sicilian mob", who "disappeared" five years ago; her disappearance is legendary among criminals.
    Earth 2 there is another one that is white.
    The New 52

In 2012, Huntress began to star in the ongoing series Worlds' Finest along with Power Girl. In this series, Huntress is in reality Helena Wayne from Earth 2. She and Power Girl, who is Superman's cousin on Earth 2, were mysteriously hurled to the main DC Universe after a battle with Darkseid's minions. A retrospective 'prequel' to the series disclosed that her mother was the former Selina Kyle (Catwoman)

Thread: The Minority Report! Diversity In The MU.
    http://community.comicbookresources....The-MU/page237

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Anybody read BIRTHRIGHT (or anything) by Joshua Williamson? I have no idea who he is, or what his FLASH might be like.
    Birthright, Nailbiter and Ghosted (all Image) have been really good reads. As a fantasy/horror writer Williamson is aces, can't attest to the quality of his superhero work though.

So what's going on with the JSA/Earth-2 characters?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Nothing yet.
    Issue 13 of Earth 2 society is still scheduled for june.

Later announcement for a rebirth relaunch, not concerned by it, cancelled ? We have no information yet.

Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar

@mace11

I'm confused. Where in the text you cited does it say she is half black?
    Me: "Wanna be Hawkeye and Hawkeye next Halloween?"
    My wife: "Only if I get to be Clint."

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    According to a Q&A session held after the announcements on Saturday and posted by I believe it was Newarama Earth 2: Society is continuing, along with Gotham Academy, and will be unaffected by Rebirth. Where that leaves the more classic version of the JSA is anyone's guess. There was that rumor a bit ago about the rest of the main earth heroes will suddenly remember that they existed during WW2 and another that said that a "deaged" version of the JSA team was going to be mentored by the JL or something of the sort. If that last rumor is true then I expect that they might find a home in the JLA title. There will be more announcement at Emerald Comic Con so I suppose we'll learn more then.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    I am seriously beginning to wonder if DC has some budgetary problems.
    I mean, I really can't see how anyone could consider REBIRTH as a relaunch rather than a reshuffling of pre-existing artists and writers. But more than everything, DC has basically no Morrison-level superstars at this point except for Scott Snyder.
    Which is no different than Marvel. Their relaunches are just reshuffles. Heck, the New 52 was just a reshuffle.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    According to a Q&A session held after the announcements on Saturday and posted by I believe it was Newarama Earth 2: Society is continuing, along with Gotham Academy, and will be unaffected by Rebirth. Where that leaves the more classic version of the JSA is anyone's guess. There was that rumor a bit ago about the rest of the main earth heroes will suddenly remember that they existed during WW2 and another that said that a "deaged" version of the JSA team was going to be mentored by the JL or something of the sort. If that last rumor is true then I expect that they might find a home in the JLA title. There will be more announcement at Emerald Comic Con so I suppose we'll learn more then.
    yeah...and both of those options SUCK! I'm not sure what DC doesn't get about the JSA. If there is an Earth 2...that is where they belong. The current Earth 2 book isn't even set on Earth 2 anymore. They just need to let that book die and start over.