Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Didio on Superwoman

It fits completely into the "Super League" story that's coming out. ... It comes out of the "Super League" story where we establish all these new potential characters to inhabit and be part of Superman's world. There might be something recognizable about Superwoman, and there might be something massively unexpected that happens very quickly in the series.
    "Recognizable" implies that it is someone we know, but who knows?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...reaking_banner

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Didio on Superwoman

Probably someone we know, or something that is similar to the past events.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Well if they're not killing him off, I'll consider coming back if and when they get rid of Superdad and put him back on his own world or something. Until then his presence, his seemingly LEAD presence, in the Superman books is still a complete dealbreaker.

For the fans interested in this though, I genuinely hope it works out for you. No ill will at all toward any of the fans.
    Thanks, because I really want this to work. If you think about it, of the Trinity, who is the only one not to have a child in continuity? Supes. Wonder Woman had Fury (2 incarnations). Bruce had a daughter and a son along with multiple Robins. WW also had Cassie & Donna as legacy. Who did Clark have??? Kon, and how long did that take? I think it's just been a cop out for the writers not to have him not only have a child, but raise a child who could or not have his powers and abilities. If the kid did develop powers and wanted to follow in the "family" footsteps, would Clark let him? As much as Clark puts his own life on the line in the line of fire, how would he feel if his kid did it? It puts a twist on the dynamic that Bruce has with his sons and how Clark would approach similar situations. I thought the creation of the new 52 Supes was a cop out.

Didio on Superwoman

Hmm, well, they're saying it's a new character... but that may not be true. Maybe it's, like some have already theorized, a LOIS LANE -book?? And she gains powers like in All-Star Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Notice the blue where the red boots should be.

Comparison to movie suit.you know if they gave Rebirth superman the red boots,AND make the middle of the belt oval or square the suit would look badass
    You know what? I definitely agree.

http://community.comicbookresources....=1#post1897646

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    it is samuel not Lane.

people aren't wondering how they will explain this?
    It's explained because their name isn't Kent, it's White. Now what they will do when they move back to Metropolis is the question. Will Super mom continue as Author X? Will Jon have his Dad's temperament or his Mom's if he's confronted by bullies?

BANNED

Didio on Superwoman

I still think it is lucy lane

Man, I'm just getting caught up on the new52 and now this. I'm not sure I can start over again. DiDio and Lee's interview didn't help a whole lot, moving the new52 forward with stuff that worked in the past. I don't even know what that means. I see a lot of the same names on the creative teams. Idk, it's all about good writing and stories, rebirth or rebooting or whatever won't change that. I'll probably give it a shot, but not too excited about any of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    Man, I'm just getting caught up on the new52 and now this. I'm not sure I can start over again. DiDio and Lee's interview didn't help a whole lot, moving the new52 forward with stuff that worked in the past. I don't even know what that means. I see a lot of the same names on the creative teams. Idk, it's all about good writing and stories, rebirth or rebooting or whatever won't change that. I'll probably give it a shot, but not too excited about any of this.
    Just reading what Didio and Lee said got me angrier that these two are are still the co-publishers at DC. Maybe they should give the job to one, new person like a Jenette Kahn. How Didio is still around is such a mystery.
    Last edited by NYCER; 03-28-2016 at 02:46 PM.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrjames21 View Post
    Thanks, because I really want this to work. If you think about it, of the Trinity, who is the only one not to have a child in continuity? Supes. Wonder Woman had Fury (2 incarnations). Bruce had a daughter and a son along with multiple Robins. WW also had Cassie & Donna as legacy. Who did Clark have??? Kon, and how long did that take? I think it's just been a cop out for the writers not to have him not only have a child, but raise a child who could or not have his powers and abilities. If the kid did develop powers and wanted to follow in the "family" footsteps, would Clark let him? As much as Clark puts his own life on the line in the line of fire, how would he feel if his kid did it? It puts a twist on the dynamic that Bruce has with his sons and how Clark would approach similar situations. I thought the creation of the new 52 Supes was a cop out.
    Don't forget that Superman also had an adopted child named Lor-Zod (Chris Kent). If adopted children count for Batman, they count for Superman too.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Attachment 34087

Not even sure who this one is.
    Not sure about Supes, but that MIGHT be Pre-FP Lois. SHE was a brunette (for MOST of Post-Crisis, though she was Black-haired in Byrne's Man of Steel), while New52 Lois is a raven-tressed beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    So I guess the question after this is if Post-Crisis Superman fails again and Post Flashpoint Superman is considered a failure what happens? Do they resurrect Kal-L or pretend he never died and try to work him back in as the next Superman?
    I would kill to see Kal-L brought back, if it were done right.

You wanna talk about the "real" Superman? Doesnt get more real than that guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Lairston View Post
    Then hopefully Didio gets axed and someone like Paul Levitz gets put in his place. Then they put someone who actually has a clue what they're doing in as the editor of the Superman line.

Or maybe they could put Superman under the Batman editor since they actually have a clue what they're doing. hmm... who the heck is the Batman editor anyway? That's probably a pretty good sign when I have no clue.
    At this point, I'd be perfectly happy to see Superman under the Bat-office. Mark Doyle (he's the Bat group editor, for the poster who didnt know) has done great stuff over there, and Superman would benefit from someone even half as talented. And since Batman is the only character DC cares about and seems capable of promoting properly, maybe Superman would get more than the half-assed efforts DC has put in since the mid 00's if he shared editors.

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Post-Crisis Supes won't fail? He already did twice. They won't resurrect Kal-L? They already did in Blackest Night although disrespectfully.

Look I'm not hoping for the failure of any of this especially after the incredibly poor reception of MOS/BvS Superman; if anything the Superman franchise desperately needs something resembling a success but right now if we're playing musical Supermen and I was at DC I would definitely be thinking about putting the line in the hands of the version that saw the franchise at it's highest highs. Which was with pre-crisis Supes. If it does fail I at this point I'd wondered what they'd have to lose by going with their biggest iteration of the character.
    Well now you're just talking sense.

I gotta admit though, the vindictive part of me wants to see DC fail so badly WB finally has to replace Didio. I've often supported the guy, when I thought he was making a sound business choice, and in this industry everything is a guessing game so mistakes and misses are bound to happen, but after seeing how badly Superman is being handled, and has been handled during his tenure, Im more than fine with DC crashing and burning. At least long enough to get new management involved.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Batman is the only character DC cares about and seems capable of promoting properly,
    "Critically acclaimed" usually means "sells half as well as Batman." They gave the first issue of The Vision away for free and it still didn't sell at all. Maybe it's on the readers?

I gotta admit though, the vindictive part of me wants to see DC fail so badly WB finally has to replace Didio. I've often supported the guy, when I thought he was making a sound business choice, and in this industry everything is a guessing game so mistakes and misses are bound to happen, but after seeing how badly Superman is being handled, and has been handled during his tenure, Im more than fine with DC crashing and burning. At least long enough to get new management involved.
    Has that ever happened? Is there any likelihood of that happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    "Critically acclaimed" usually means "sells half as well as Batman." They gave the first issue of The Vision away for free and it still didn't sell at all. Maybe it's on the readers?
    I think its a cycle, honestly. Batman sells. He always has. So DC puts more money into pushing him and making sure he has solid creative teams. That effort makes him sell better, so they put more effort in. There's nothing wrong with that at all, except that DC doesnt seem to want to invest in anyone else. Perhaps its a matter of budget, perhaps its a choice they've made. I dont know. What I do know is that DC controls three of the most well known fictional characters on earth but only puts any real effort into one of them, and at the very least its ignoring a massive source of potential revenue. Without any effort on DC's part Superman is the fourth highest grossing superhero on earth when it comes to merchandise. With half the effort they put into Batman (who is number 2) how much more profit could Superman generate? How much more money could Wonder Woman make if DC put a quarter of the investment into her that they do Batman? I got nothing against supporting your biggest cash cow, but I do take issue with ignoring everyone else.

Has that ever happened? Is there any likelihood of that happening?
    I have no idea on both counts. Im just venting.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

if DC have low sales again, I can't see didio and lee keeping their jobs

I definitely think this is at least Didio's last shot. I've supported him in the past as well but the man is clearly out of ideas. If Rebirth doesn't do anything substantial, and I highly doubt it will, I think he's seeing his final days at DC Comics. And it will probably be for the best.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El