Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

While there are certainly going to be those that applaud the return of Pre FP and the LL personal life relationship - if memory serves - that was part of what failed before the 2011 reboot.
    How long does DC expect this to last and what do the posters here think? How long before another soft reboot happens?

I think it's too early with no real information to ump to such conclusions.

Superdad needed to stay in the shadows...Where is New 52 Superman?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ManSinha View Post
    While there are certainly going to be those that applaud the return of Pre FP and the LL personal life relationship - if memory serves - that was part of what failed before the 2011 reboot.
    How long does DC expect this to last and what do the posters here think? How long before another soft reboot happens?
    Define "failure." Then show the causal relationships between the various factors.

I'm guessing he'll be killed off or depowered. Essentially what should have been done to the Pre-FP version. God this is going to tank SO hard.

I don't think I'm even going to wait for Rebirth to drop everything. I think I might just quit right now. There's really no point in getting Super League as knowing the disaster to come is just going to ruin any possible enjoyment I might have gotten out of it anyway.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I don't know how I feel about all this. I think if I'm completely honest, I'm underwhelmed.

The two characters I care about most are Superman and Lois Lane, and not just as a couple or as one version of their characters. As much as I appreciate pre-Flashpoint Superman and Lois getting a second chance this past year, I feel I've had so much time with them and been made to say goodbye to them enough that I was kind of ready to let them go off and be happy somewhere; I wanted closure and to close the book on them in the most positive way possible. That isn't to say that I mind getting to read about them more, since I love them, but I feel like I was more ready for something new. I want to read about a new and young version of Lois and Clark, like the ones from Superman: American Alien or like I enjoyed so much on Smallville. I don't want to have convoluted set ups and dragging a story or set of characters into the present past their expiration date. That may sound like I dislike pre-Flashpoint Superman or Clois, but that's not true. I just wanted something simpler and new.

I also don't like the sound of the new Superwoman book and Superman book each with new characters. I don't want to get to know new characters, and I don't get why DC thinks it's a winning strategy or even in line with their legacy concept to have the Superman line filled with unfamiliar faces and settings while other characters' worlds are populated by their mainstay ensemble cast for the most part.

It seems so far away from a "Rebirth" or relaunch. It feels more old than new, and it feels like the company still doesn't understand what its readership wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm guessing he'll be killed off or depowered. Essentially what should have been done to the Pre-FP version. God this is going to tank SO hard.

I don't think I'm even going to wait for Rebirth to drop everything. I think I might just quit right now. There's really no point in getting Super League as knowing the disaster to come is just going to ruin any possible enjoyment I might have gotten out of it anyway.
    If Superman dies in Super League to be replaced by Superdad...I'm done.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

My only thing is we've invested into new 52 Supes for years now, only for him to be replaced?

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I think so. There are 2 costumes. One with red Boots, the other one is blue.
    Red boots is pre- Superman and blue is new 52 Supes. Right?

What titles are they on?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    My only thing is we've invested into new 52 Supes for years now, only for him to be replaced?
    Not only replaced, probably killed to. Because he is nowhere to be found.

Oh, I forgot to mention it, but with all the talk about the two Supermen, I am lost as to what's going on with the two Lois Lanes. I get that one of them will be in Action, the pre-Flashpoint one, but what's happening with New 52 Lois?

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    Oh, I forgot to mention it, but with all the talk about the two Supermen, I am lost as to what's going on with the two Lois Lanes. I get that one of them will be in Action, the pre-Flashpoint one, but what's happening with New 52 Lois?
    There are 2 Lois, the thing is I'm not sure where New 52 Supes is.

Replaced by a character the readership more or less do not really want to read an ongoing with because his debut title sold poorly. Why would DC even think this is a good idea? We need some clarification. On the surface of it...well looks like Superman titles will tank in a few months...again.

Fantastic Member

Sounds like it.

Me?

I'll ride out the end of this run with Super League, but after that, I'm better off writing my own sh*t.

I'm so freaking tired of this character and his world either being crapped on creatively or strip mined of everything that made them great.

Quote Originally Posted by ManSinha View Post
    if memory serves - that was part of what failed before the 2011 reboot.
    Your memory has failed you. The two years leading up to the reboot in 2011 were two years in which Lois and Clark were separated and Superman wasn't Superman. What failed, actually, was two years straight of badly executed stories that featured no marriage and no Superman. Using the marriage as a scapegoat for the failure of World of New Krypton and Grounded is just nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    There are 2 Lois, the thing is I'm not sure where New 52 Supes is.
    Great, thanks! Do you mind me asking what the news was about New 52 Lois? Was it just mentioned that there were two, was it implied, or were any details revealed about her? I was paying some attention to the announcements, but I feel I missed something.