Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    I don't know how I feel about all this. I think if I'm completely honest, I'm underwhelmed.

The two characters I care about most are Superman and Lois Lane, and not just as a couple or as one version of their characters. As much as I appreciate pre-Flashpoint Superman and Lois getting a second chance this past year, I feel I've had so much time with them and been made to say goodbye to them enough that I was kind of ready to let them go off and be happy somewhere; I wanted closure and to close the book on them in the most positive way possible. That isn't to say that I mind getting to read about them more, since I love them, but I feel like I was more ready for something new. I want to read about a new and young version of Lois and Clark, like the ones from Superman: American Alien or like I enjoyed so much on Smallville. I don't want to have convoluted set ups and dragging a story or set of characters into the present past their expiration date. That may sound like I dislike pre-Flashpoint Superman or Clois, but that's not true. I just wanted something simpler and new.

I also don't like the sound of the new Superwoman book and Superman book each with new characters. I don't want to get to know new characters, and I don't get why DC thinks it's a winning strategy or even in line with their legacy concept to have the Superman line filled with unfamiliar faces and settings while other characters' worlds are populated by their mainstay ensemble cast for the most part.

It seems so far away from a "Rebirth" or relaunch. It feels more old than new, and it feels like the company still doesn't understand what its readership wants.
    Yeah, I don't think many people get what the hell is going on. The whole cutting out potential growth of characters is a big WTH. I mean, I took it that after plot twists he would have about the same ending as Pre-52, but now they want to give us an older Superman so he can curbstomp and do... Stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Will J. View Post
    Sounds like it.

Me?

I'll ride out the end of this run with Super League, but after that, I'm better off writing my own sh*t.

I'm so freaking tired of this character and his world either being crapped on creatively or strip mined of everything that made them great.
    I'm just going to go ahead and drop everything now. Even if under normal circumstances I would have enjoyed Super League, I won't be able to enjoy it knowing what's to come. I just need a clean break, I think.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Your memory has failed you. The two years leading up to the reboot in 2011 were two years in which Lois and Clark were separated and Superman wasn't Superman. What failed, actually, was two years straight of badly executed stories that featured no marriage and no Superman. Using the marriage as a scapegoat for the failure of World of New Krypton and Grounded is just nonsense.

Great, thanks! Do you mind me asking what the news was about New 52 Lois? Was it just mentioned that there were two, was it implied, or were any details revealed about her? I was paying some attention to the announcements, but I feel I missed something.
    She appeared in the AC cover with Jimmy. There is a link on one of the previews pages.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Oh, I forgot to mention it, but with all the talk about the two Supermen, I am lost as to what's going on with the two Lois Lanes. I get that one of them will be in Action, the pre-Flashpoint one, but what's happening with New 52 Lois?
    I have a bad feeling that they will kill and merge her with pre-52, because well, comic book magic.

The conference was so depressing. I mean you had the whole Batman team show up first giving detailed looks at what's going on, everything meshing together nicely. Then you have the Superman team come out, and its not even complete so multiple titles don't even get talked about, the one guy who is representing Superman is representing an out of date version and is old talent, and nothing meshes or makes sense in regards to what is talked about, outside of Supergirl which is standing alone.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

Frankly speaking, with the only exception of the Batman family, Wonder Woman (Rucka!) and few titles here and there, the whole Rebirth operation seems a mess to me.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm just going to go ahead and drop everything now. Even if under normal circumstances I would have enjoyed Super League, I won't be able to enjoy it knowing what's to come. I just need a clean break, I think.
    I don't blame you one bit.

Unfortunately for me, I'm a victim(never moreso than now, it seems) of my own completist tendencies.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I don't know how I feel about all this. I think if I'm completely honest, I'm underwhelmed.

The two characters I care about most are Superman and Lois Lane, and not just as a couple or as one version of their characters. As much as I appreciate pre-Flashpoint Superman and Lois getting a second chance this past year, I feel I've had so much time with them and been made to say goodbye to them enough that I was kind of ready to let them go off and be happy somewhere; I wanted closure and to close the book on them in the most positive way possible. That isn't to say that I mind getting to read about them more, since I love them, but I feel like I was more ready for something new. I want to read about a new and young version of Lois and Clark, like the ones from Superman: American Alien or like I enjoyed so much on Smallville. I don't want to have convoluted set ups and dragging a story or set of characters into the present past their expiration date. That may sound like I dislike pre-Flashpoint Superman or Clois, but that's not true. I just wanted something simpler and new.

I also don't like the sound of the new Superwoman book and Superman book each with new characters. I don't want to get to know new characters, and I don't get why DC thinks it's a winning strategy or even in line with their legacy concept to have the Superman line filled with unfamiliar faces and settings while other characters' worlds are populated by their mainstay ensemble cast for the most part.

It seems so far away from a "Rebirth" or relaunch. It feels more old than new, and it feels like the company still doesn't understand what its readership wants.
    This is how I feel pretty much, MissLane.

I myself am not going to just drop the books just based on these solicits. I gave the New 52 a fair shake and I was full of rage back then of DC " ruining" my Superman. So I do owe it to my nearly 25 years of following Superman to give this a fair shake.

However, the return of the classic numbering and the elimination of the Lee New 52 costume aside, there's nothing here that excites me. I hope that I'm proven wrong.

I do empathize with those of you ( speaking in general, not you specifically Misslane) that are tapping out with this. All I will say is I was there with you all 5 years ago.I didn't and ultimately I was surprised I still found enough to like that kept me around. Perhaps you all will find the same.

Is this the shocking death Johns was talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    She appeared in the AC cover with Jimmy. There is a link on one of the previews pages.
    Right, I saw that one, but wasn't it just the one? I assumed that was pre-Flashpoint Lois joining her husband in Jurgens' story. So I was more curious where New 52 Lois ends up. Was there another cover or comment somewhere that hinted at New 52 Lois' fate? Sorry if I'm being thick about this.

Right, I saw that one, but wasn't it just the one? I assumed that was pre-Flashpoint Lois joining her husband in Jurgens' story. So I was more curious where New 52 Lois ends up. Was there another cover or comment somewhere that hinted at New 52 Lois' fate? Sorry if I'm being thick about this.
    I assume that's her because she still workd for the Daily Planet. I'm more curious about New 52 Superman. He is MIA.

The only artwork to show a Superman with red boots was a piece of promo art, so we really don't know what that represents. The actual covers of both Action Comics and Superman feature the pre-Flashpoint version. The suggestion to me is that he's taking over completely. Maybe the New 52 Superman will still be there in some capacity but the pre-52 version is clearly the guy again.

New 52 Superman is in the Tomasi title apparently

If he is he's at least sharing it with the pre-FP Superman. Which still sucks a huge one.