Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    From Liam Sharpe's Facebook page:

I kinda don't like that....Hopefully the colors help.
    Richard Alexander

BANNED

The thing about this uber-detailed comic book style is that they waste TONS and TONS and TONS of time just gilding the lily, drawing all these little details that, frankly, are not important like the texture of the skirt, and then the main event which is Wonder Woman doesn't look good. In other words, it's penny wise and pound foolish. And then, when they inevitably fall behind schedule, the detail usually starts looking sloppy, in 10 years this will all look very dated, whereas 50 years from now Chiang's artwork will still look incredible

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pamp_Lusa View Post
    The thing about this uber-detailed comic book style is that they waste TONS and TONS and TONS of time just gilding the lily, drawing all these little details that, frankly, are not important like the texture of the skirt, and then the main event which is Wonder Woman doesn't look good. In other words, it's penny wise and pound foolish. And then, when they inevitably fall behind schedule, the detail usually starts looking sloppy, in 10 years this will all look very dated, whereas 50 years from now Chiang's artwork will still look incredible
    It looks fine tbh and dated isn't bad I mean Perez and hg peters art is still gorgeous to look at so idk what's wrong with this

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Greg Rucka was on the WordBaloons podcast, really interesting there.

-Geoff called him first to get him on the book
    -Mark Doyle and the bat editors edit the book
    -Diana and Batwoman and Renee are the 3 characters to get him back at DC
    -He's not ignoring anything from the new 52 run, both the good and bad
    -He said he's not interested in writing the main Batman book
    -He said he's not writing about her relationship with Superman, but there is something about it in the rebirth issue
    -He's talked to Dan Jurgen's about the relationship and they are on the same page(I'm gonna guess they both dislike it)
    I'm sure he and Jurgens don't like her relationship with Superman, I just hope they're not spiteful enough to undermine it. Superman isn't even around at this point due to DC's stupidity and Jurgens lame pitch, so if they don't like it, they don't even have to reference it with him gone. I'll be pissed though if Jurgens tries to pull some nonsense insinuating even the proper Superman that he doesn't know how to write is destined for Lois or something, and/or Rucka tries to write off Diana's feelings for him. When Jurgens leaves and Superdad goes with him (the sooner the better), and Superman comes back, by then there's always the option to revisit it. Rucka still wouldn't have to do anything with it if he didn't want to, or by that time maybe he'll have switched over to Batwoman or something anyway.

Doyle editing the book is good though. At least one of my favorite characters is out of the clutches of Berganza. I'd honestly be pretty excited for Rebirth if it wasn't screwing up Superman six ways from Sunday.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-02-2016 at 05:46 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Agreed and I totally supported the Superman/Wonder Woman romance at first but since Soule left the book, it's become little more than Superman event after event title with Tomasi writing Diana like a harpy most of the time. At this point, I'd like to see Diana and Clark break-up so Diana can get back with Steve.
    What I'm reading on the Superman side of things, sounds like the relationship is going to be a thing of the past. From what I can tell anyway, I still haven't fully wrapped my head around a lot of this Rebirth stuff.

It'll be a thing of the past because Superman is going to be gone. Missing or dead or something. It of course is finished when one half of the couple is gone. So yeah, its definitely dead in the water until the imposter buggers off and we get Superman back.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm sure he and Jurgens don't like her relationship with Superman, I just hope they're not spiteful enough to undermine it. Superman isn't even around at this point due to DC's stupidity and Jurgens lame pitch, so if they don't like it, they don't even have to reference it with him gone. I'll be pissed though if Jurgens tries to pull some nonsense insinuating even the proper Superman that he doesn't know how to write is destined for Lois or something, and/or Rucka tries to write off Diana's feelings for him. When Jurgens leaves and Superdad goes with him (the sooner the better), and Superman comes back, by then there's always the option to revisit it. Rucka still wouldn't have to do anything with it if he didn't want to, or by that time maybe he'll have switched over to Batwoman or something anyway.

Doyle editing the book is good though. At least one of my favorite characters is out of the clutches of Berganza. I'd honestly be pretty excited for Rebirth if it wasn't screwing up Superman six ways from Sunday.
    well johns already did that, clearly Diana has not extra feels for superman, only friendship and superman is very attracted to Lois on last issues of action and superman.

since when superman is pre new 52? he is the newest interaction of him and that went so wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    What I'm reading on the Superman side of things, sounds like the relationship is going to be a thing of the past. From what I can tell anyway, I still haven't fully wrapped my head around a lot of this Rebirth stuff.
    they already ended on JL and on superman books right now. months dead, zombiying around on the book smww

Johns did it once, doesn't mean it has to continue. Just ignore if if they don't want to use it. Don't retroactively change history, is all I ask. Don't say Superman is destined for someone else and don't continue with Johns' bad writing and try and make it out that Diana never loved him or it wasn't serious. Its bad enough that they're getting rid of Superman, don't take away the history of the one major love story he's had thus far in his history. I guess they could do that if they're serious about killing the character off for Superdad permanently. But I still have hope they're not that stupid. Stupid enough to go with Jurgens' pitch, sure, but hopefully not stupid enough to go with it indefinitely.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-02-2016 at 06:00 PM.

I don't think they will have to while there are depictions such as that in JL v Teen Titans. There have been some places where it seems to be tolerable (early Superman/Woman) but largely it has been icky for me (especially in WAR and JLvTT). No thanks

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    From Liam Sharpe's Facebook page:

Is that Ferdinand, a statue or some other Minotaur?

Either way loving the art.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    As for "Clown Shoes", I'd like nothing more than a Steve Trevor in line with the members of Checkmate when Rucka was writing Checkmate.

That said, I know that such a version of the character might not work at all in whatever Rucka has planned. I'm fine with that.
    Rucka's bibliography in general (Kate Kane and her father, Queen and Country, Lazarus) makes me pretty confident in what he can do with Steve. He actually seems like a character tailor made for Rucka. Not that Rucka has much competition when it comes to blowing us away with Steve, but still...

Looks like Ferdinand is indeed back if that preview image is any indication. I love how detailed it looks, very old school in a good way.

EDIT: Or it could be a statue like Farron said. That centuar and what looks like Cerberus could be statues too.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 04-02-2016 at 06:35 PM.

BANNED

Johns did it once, doesn't mean it has to continue. Just ignore if if they don't want to use it. Don't retroactively change history, is all I ask. Don't say Superman is destined for someone else and don't continue with Johns' bad writing and try and make it out that Diana never loved him or it wasn't serious. Its bad enough that they're getting rid of Superman, don't take away the history of the one major love story he's had thus far in his history. I guess they could do that if they're serious about killing the character off for Superdad permanently. But I still have hope they're not that stupid. Stupid enough to go with Jurgens' pitch, sure, but hopefully not stupid enough to go with it indefinitely.
    Johns made it once, on a DC flagship book that is one of DC best Seller. He was the one that came with the romance, screw up azzarello story and then he gets to say what is valid for the couple. he isn't retconning anything he wrote, his intention was always showing ww and superman as a rebound relationship. who went overboard with fanfic was Tomasi, jurgens and Rucka have nothing to do with that

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I don't think they will have to while there are depictions such as that in JL v Teen Titans. There have been some places where it seems to be tolerable (early Superman/Woman) but largely it has been icky for me (especially in WAR and JLvTT). No thanks
    yeah, a big fat NO

Stop pretending like you know Geoff Johns and can speak to intentions that he has never uttered anywhere before.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Love their depiction together in the new DCAU. Hopefully it continues into the next film so there's at least one place that I get to see Superman. Its just a shame that the comics DCU is going to be without him for however long Jurgens' dumb story lasts. It'll fail, but I don't think it'll fail fast enough for it to be jettisoned before a year or so, unfortunately.

In the meantime I have no problem with whatever direction Rucka goes as long as it doesn't include Batman. If it does I'll drop WW just as fast as I've dropped the Superman titles.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-02-2016 at 09:20 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGus View Post
    Hope is a deceiver.
    I'm not hopeful that he's going to build on everything from the Azz run that I'd like to see him build on; "wont't ignore" doesn't mean "won't alter." However, after listening to the podcast, I think I respect his approach to continuity; he says that changes to the character "have to be answered," and I think that's true, even if I don't expect to like all of his answers. I get the impression that the Zeus origin will be revealed to be a lie, and I'm curious how that will work; was Hippolyta part of the lie, or did Zeus (or someone else) impose false memories even on her and on the gods? And I expect that "god of war" will change, but hopefully it's going to evolve into a new formulation of why she's mankind's ultimate protector, as the solicit suggests.

I also liked that Rucka, in talking about the DC cinematic universe characters, made the distinction between saying "these are not Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman" and saying "there are not Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman to me." He acknowledges that they are iterations of these characters, even if they don't embody what the cahracters mean to him; I get the sense that he thinks it would be arrogant and narrow-minded to say "she's not Wonder Woman" simply because she doesn't fit his own view of who the character is and should be.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Stop pretending like you know Geoff Johns and can speak to intentions that he has never uttered anywhere before.

Love their depiction together in the new DCAU. Hopefully it continues into the next film so there's at least one place that I get to see Superman. Its just a shame that the comics DCU is going to be without him for however long Jurgens' dumb story lasts. It'll fail, but I don't think it'll fail fast enough for it to be jettisoned before a year or so, unfortunately.

In the meantime I have no problem with whatever direction Rucka goes as long as it doesn't include Batman. If it does I'll drop WW just as fast as I've dropped the Superman titles.
    I doubt they would ship her with yet another one of the trinity.