Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Guys...are we not gonna talk about the lightning bolt? Ummmm. Huh!!??
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Guys...are we not gonna talk about the lightning bolt? Ummmm. Huh!!??
    I guess it's a sign she will remain Zeus' daughter.

Sigh. Can't win them all.

I'm just so excited to buy comics again besides Darkseid War and Titans Hunt!! CAN'T WAIT TO READ Wonder Woman AND TITANS AGAIN!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I saw that part but I assumed it was Artemis Crock, not the Amazon. I hope it's our Artemis tho!
    - Red Hood and the Outlaws by writer Scott Lobdell with artist Dexter Soy, launching in August and shipping monthly. "Red Hood decides to recruit two new outlaws to make a dark trinity: Bizarro and Artemis of the Amazons," Johns said.

BANNED

- Red Hood and the Outlaws by writer Scott Lobdell with artist Dexter Soy, launching in August and shipping monthly. "Red Hood decides to recruit two new outlaws to make a dark trinity: Bizarro and Artemis of the Amazons," Johns said.
    poor artemis

http://ruckawriter.tumblr.com/post/1...nd-elaboration

Q: What about Etta? Steve? The Zeus thing? The God of War thing? That other thing? Are you doing a thing about the thing you did that other time you were writing the thing?

Etta, yes. Steve, yes. Everything else, wait and see.

This is not a “continuation” of my previous run. I think attempting to do so would be a massive mistake, honestly, if for no other reason than it’s been seven years and the character has changed. But that run is part of continuity – as are other runs – and where it is appropriate and where it helps the story, it will be acknowledged. But the previous run is not a requisite for reading (and hopefully enjoying) this new one.

And yes, I’m trying to figure out how to get Ferdinand back into the story.

Q: Were you really wearing a Hamilton sweatshirt during the livestream event today?

Yes, I was, because HamTrash, and not nearly enough of you noticed.

Shame on you.
    Last edited by Tayswift; 03-26-2016 at 01:20 PM.

Rucka, who's returning to Wonder Woman, said the book will tell two separate but simultaneous stories — one contemporary and one that tells the character's past. The even numbered issues will be called "Wonder Woman: Year One" by Scott, with the odd number issues telling the story, "Wonder Woman: The Lies," apparently clarifying the character's convoluted history and featuring Sharp's art.

TAKE. MY. MONEY.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I guess it's a sign she will remain Zeus' daughter.

Sigh. Can't win them all.
    I actually like the fact she's Zeus' daughter. Hopefully they'll retcon the whole murderous Amazonians though.

Still, it's cool to have it confirmed that Rucka is back on Wonder Woman.

Mighty Member

Looks rather nice. Even if I can spot big guns argus-man Steve and naked furry angry woman-cheetah in the background, I rather look forward reading this one. Daughter of Hippolyta/Queen of the amazons/The god of war/Wonder Woman-Diana looks really cool on the picture.

While I don't think reach the same heights as BA/CC's run for me, I'm hoping it'll be as good as the recent JL as well as Legends of Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I actually like the fact she's Zeus' daughter. Hopefully they'll retcon the whole murderous Amazonians though.

Still, it's cool to have it confirmed that Rucka is back on Wonder Woman.
    Perhaps Rucka could continue Diana's reformation of the myth amazons-note WW#35 ended on. I think her being in the center of things makes things more interesting, as well as making her character more powerful (more than lifting heavy things and flying.). She's not just a god, she's also a queen. Guarding Olympus
    Last edited by borntohula; 03-26-2016 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    poor artemis

http://ruckawriter.tumblr.com/post/1...nd-elaboration

Q: What about Etta? Steve? The Zeus thing? The God of War thing? That other thing? Are you doing a thing about the thing you did that other time you were writing the thing?

Etta, yes. Steve, yes. Everything else, wait and see.

This is not a “continuation” of my previous run. I think attempting to do so would be a massive mistake, honestly, if for no other reason than it’s been seven years and the character has changed. But that run is part of continuity – as are other runs – and where it is appropriate and where it helps the story, it will be acknowledged. But the previous run is not a requisite for reading (and hopefully enjoying) this new one.

And yes, I’m trying to figure out how to get Ferdinand back into the story.

Q: Were you really wearing a Hamilton sweatshirt during the livestream event today?

Yes, I was, because HamTrash, and not nearly enough of you noticed.

Shame on you.
    Thank you for posting that! Words cannot express how excited I am that Rucka is back and bringing Etta, Steve, and maybe Ferdinand with him.

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    Looks rather nice. Even if I can spot big guns argus-man Steve and naked furry angry woman-cheetah in the background, I rather look forward reading this one. Daughter of Hippolyta/Queen of the amazons/The god of war/Wonder Woman-Diana looks really cool on the picture.
    I feel like Cheetah may have been redesigned to look like her Alex Ross Justice version. She usually has her long hair, but here it's gone. She either has short hair as a werecheetah or is the suit-wearing Cheetah. I'm sure it's no mystery which one I'm hoping for.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Between this and Seeley staying on Nightwing, I'm over the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I feel like Cheetah may have been redesigned to look like her Alex Ross Justice version. She usually has her long hair, but here it's gone. She either has short hair as a werecheetah or is the suit-wearing Cheetah. I'm sure it's no mystery which one I'm hoping for.
    This has me confused as well. It looks like Barbara Minerva with her flowing locks on the cover of Trinity, but the one on WW looks like Priscilla from a distance.

Whatever, as long as she's showing up in the book with an actual great writer behind her.

I'm not crazy about the daughter of Zeus, but I do like her as a god; puts her in perspective right off the bat, and I would *love* to see how Rucka handles her as god of war.

But I'll take Zeus as the father if we can get back the enlightened Amazons.

Terrific news, Wonder Woman easily got the best treatment in Rebirth.
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

BANNED

What I really want to see is for someone to do to Wonder Woman what Jason Aaron did for Thor in his God of Thunder series. Large-scale, high concept stories and settings but up close and personal characterization. I think Azz made a lot of progress in that department, and I'm wondering how Legend of Legend of Wonder Woman will take that angle (I'm getting to it!).

Amazing Member

Scott Lobdell is writing this?

Skip