Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Part of me is worried that "The Lies" will be a way to sweep large portions of the reboot under the rug, but A) Rucka sounds like he intends on respecting the seven years between his lastrun and B) This timey wimey stuff is exactly how I'd go about fixing the X-Men if I were in charge.

I'm not sure, without knowing how he's going to handle the interplay between "Lies" and "Year One," how to go about sorting "truth" from "lies" (about done with these quotation marks, don't worry). There are certainly a few things I'd want to stay put:

-ARES. My absolute favorite part of Azz's run. His role in Diana's life and his eventual death are plot threads that will always offset the sex piracy in my mind.

-Demigod Origins: like borntohula said, I think it expands her story a lot.

-rotating supporting cast: I'd be glad if Steve Trevor and Etta Candy show up in Year One issues, but I hope that new faces continue to show up in the Sharp issues, as well as what few characters survived the First Born's Reign on Olympus. Wonder Woman is all about being kind and hospitable to strangers, right?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    The lasso is a whip now?
    It has been before under Rucka's pen.

Amazing Member

Thank you to everyone for all of your support on #WonderWoman. I'll miss my amazon sister, but can't wait to read @ruckawriter @DCComics

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    What I really want to see is for someone to do to Wonder Woman what Jason Aaron did for Thor in his God of Thunder series. Large-scale, high concept stories and settings but up close and personal characterization. I think Azz made a lot of progress in that department, and I'm wondering how Legend of Legend of Wonder Woman will take that angle (I'm getting to it!).
    I don't think that DC has a writer of that caliber, or would give that writer the freedom to do it.

Always Rakzo

Great, GREAT news indeed.

Aside from Azzarello, Greg Rucka is the only person who was able to write consistently good WW stories. He definitely gets the character and I'm really excited to see what is his new vision for this incarnation.

It's nice to see all the positive reactions in this thread. Don't fail us Greg, welcome back and good luck

Spectacular Member

Amazing that Greg Rucka is back. Awesome that they've made the skirt her standard costume now too.

Oh and I read on Greg's tumblr that he's going to be working at bringing Ferdinand back as well. So a lot of good wonder woman news lately!

Rucka's run on Wonder Woman was very good. As long as he respects her new 52 origin and not throw the baby out with the bath water...and keep his left field Batman pimping out of it...no stunts again like Blackest Night please. I hope his take is interesting and I hope he keeps Diana optimistic and have some fun in the book too. One critique I had of his last run was this tendency to make Diana...suffer. There needs to be some joy in the book too.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Rucka's run on Wonder Woman was very good. As long as he respects her new 52 origin and not throw the baby out with the bath water...and keep his left field Batman pimping out of it...no stunts again like Blackest Night please. I hope his take is interesting and I hope he keeps Diana optimistic and have some fun in the book too. One critique I had of his last run was this tendency to make Diana...suffer. There needs to be some joy in the book too.
    Maybe part of the baby...
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    this is very possible from his post on tumblr and it is ok.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    I don't know, Batman is about the only character I would ship Diana with, and even then "ship" is an awfully strong word. I like the DCAU "they probably hang out but it's none of our business really" approach.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    I am on that train as I felt a great many of Azz's changes made WW a lot more generic. Child of Zeus? There are zillions of those and her side-kick was a daughter of Zeus. Plus it negates one of the core aspects of the character. I hope her original origin with the divine birth are re-established.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I actually like the fact she's Zeus' daughter. Hopefully they'll retcon the whole murderous Amazonians though.
    The murdering/rapist Amazons are easily worse than making her Zeus' daughter, but I was not a fan of anything Azzarello contributed to the series.
    I gave up on his run pretty early in, and every time I tried giving it another look, I'd wind up making a noise between a grunt and a snarl and put the book right back.

I know it'd be naive to think everything from the Nu52 will get retconned away, but I'm grasping for straws.

Hopefully, Rucka can make the Amazons more sympathetic and more like characters than either Finch or Azzarello. Glad he's back.

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    Looks rather nice. Even if I can spot big guns argus-man Steve and naked furry angry woman-cheetah in the background, I rather look forward reading this one. Daughter of Hippolyta/Queen of the amazons/The god of war/Wonder Woman-Diana looks really cool on the picture.

While I don't think reach the same heights as BA/CC's run for me, I'm hoping it'll be as good as the recent JL as well as Legends of Wonder Woman

Perhaps Rucka could continue Diana's reformation of the myth amazons-note WW#35 ended on. I think her being in the center of things makes things more interesting, as well as making her character more powerful (more than lifting heavy things and flying.). She's not just a god, she's also a queen. Guarding Olympus
    Honestly, I wouldn't mind her taking over someone like Hessia's or Athena's role instead. I find it more admirable to upgrade a role previously held by a goddess, but that's just me.