Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spair View Post
    The Producer of the Wonder Woman Film Charles Roven had already come out saying that Diana was a demi god. Daughter of Zeus.

https://vine.co/v/Oqa57Dehg3B
    that was before patty jenkins entering the project, so we have nothing

Mighty Member

those are old. anyway i hope rucka does better by cheetah and the amazons this time around

this came off vague and mean and i know writers read this forum so ill explain more: i thought cheetah was treated as a sexy femme fetale when shes more of a conniving master mind with a split personality disorder and her second personality is simply the combination of all her jealousy and hatred for diana rising to the surface and taking action against diana by trying to ruin her reputation but all we got in that one issue was her being sexy and fast and i think shes more sinister than should ever be sexy

amazons really didnt seem to be all that advanced like they should very little tech and they didnt get to have any thing like that until someone helped them.

diana was a bit too quick to violence and her focus should be more on rehabilitation and loving submission
    Last edited by Lex Luthor; 03-27-2016 at 11:04 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    A "little sad", eh? Imagine how I felt when the origin that I knew and loved since buying my first Wonder Woman comic in 1975 was given the Azzarello horror treatment.
    this is the funny things, we had a 70 years okd origin erased on new 52. retcon new 52 horrible origin would do a favor to WW continue to be a feminist icon and a empower women.

even with clay she was considered a goddess, she doesn't need to be Zeus daughter to be one

Liam Sharp says that this is the artwork that helped him land the Wonder Woman gig:

https://twitter.com/LiamRSharp/statu...73156629352448
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofbaldwin View Post
    liam sharp says that this is the artwork that helped him land the wonder woman gig:

https://twitter.com/liamrsharp/statu...73156629352448
    that is gorgeous!!!!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    In theory these things might have worked for me, but I felt the execution was lacking. Zeus never suffers any consequences for his previous actions and the Zeke thing felt more like him avoiding guilt than wanting to be better. The Amazons raising Zeus doesn't feel earned when they have their own issues and it's not like being raised by women the first time helped Zeus.
    Well it's not the Amazons raising him, it's Hera and Zola who have both specifically been hurt by Zeus' previous behaviour and hope to correct some of those issues moving forwards. Also, sure, maybe Zeus did escape consequence for his behaviour, but he did so by...choosing to cease existing which is a pretty steep price in itself. I think it's pretty clear that Zeke, while Zeus' reincarnation, is not Zeus. But...that's my read. As I said, I'm just explaining why I would feel returning old, bearded, jerk Zeus to the throne of Olympus could be seen as regressive. As imperfect as the current setup may be, Zeus has inarguably been stripped of much of his agency and influence.

As for being judged for things you liked about the previous run, well I think some WW fans who read Azz's run felt that way with some retcons.
    I imagine they did, and particularly if Azzarello was, under other circumstances, one of their favourite writers, I imagine they'd feel particularly conflicted and might want to discuss the issue with other fans.

If your point is that I shouldn't discuss my own opinions and emotional reactions because they may be contrary to someone else's, I'm not sure why any of us are here. I understand and respect a lot of the critique of Azzarello's run. As I said, I myself am upset about the situation regarding the Amazon's rape-piracy. I don't think my expression of sadness at a possible change is an attack on someone else's right to joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    A "little sad", eh? Imagine how I felt when the origin that I knew and loved since buying my first Wonder Woman comic in 1975 was given the Azzarello horror treatment.
    I guess I'd refer you to my response to Agent Z, above.

I'm not here to compete with regards to who the bigger fan is, or delegitimise others' opinions because their emotional reactions weren't as strong as my own.

I've been on the receiving end of enormous disappointment from fiction I was immensely invested in. It sucks. I'm sorry that happened to you, I'm glad it looks like you will now get something that you will enjoy more. I don't think that means you have to be personally dismissive to people who don't share that view, though.

Quote Originally Posted by toastedbread View Post
    Well it's not the Amazons raising him, it's Hera and Zola who have both specifically been hurt by Zeus' previous behaviour and hope to correct some of those issues moving forwards. Also, sure, maybe Zeus did escape consequence for his behaviour, but he did so by...choosing to cease existing which is a pretty steep price in itself. I think it's pretty clear that Zeke, while Zeus' reincarnation, is not Zeus. But...that's my read. As I said, I'm just explaining why I would feel returning old, bearded, jerk Zeus to the throne of Olympus could be seen as regressive. As imperfect as the current setup may be, Zeus has inarguably been stripped of much of his agency and influence.

I imagine they did, and particularly if Azzarello was, under other circumstances, one of their favourite writers, I imagine they'd feel particularly conflicted and might want to discuss the issue with other fans.

If your point is that I shouldn't discuss my own opinions and emotional reactions because they may be contrary to someone else's, I'm not sure why any of us are here.
    I understand and respect a lot of the critique of Azzarello's run. As I said, I myself am upset about the situation regarding the Amazon's rape-piracy. I don't think my expression of sadness at a possible change is an attack on someone else's right to joy.

I guess I'd refer you to my response to Agent Z, above.

I'm not here to compete with regards to who the bigger fan is, or delegitimise others' opinions because their emotional reactions weren't as strong as my own.

I've been on the receiving end of enormous disappointment from fiction I was immensely invested in. It sucks. I'm sorry that happened to you, I'm glad it looks like you will now get something that you will enjoy more. I don't think that means you have to be personally dismissive to people who don't share that view, though.
    I wasn't saying that. Just wanted to bring something up. I'm sorry if you felt that way. That was not my intention.

Amazing Member

I wasn't saying that. Just wanted to bring something up. I'm sorry if you felt that way. That was not my intention.
    No problem! I honestly wasn't offended - I figured you weren't trying to be mean - I just wasn't sure how to read it and wanted to be clear that I understand and respect that Azzarello's run was also contentious for many, for understandable reasons.

After one excruciatingly long year of Meredith Finch at the helm, I would have been satisfied even by Eric Luke being announced as the new writer (anyone knows what he's doing currently? Does he still write comics for a living?). Since we're going to get Greg Rucka instead, my feelings have now entered the field of sheer enthusiasm!

Just one thing, Greg: please, no retcon galore in the first few issues. This title needs a quick change of direction like a man lost in the desert needs fresh water, don't let it bog down in interminable "and this thing didn't really happen" moments.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    Liam Sharp says that this is the artwork that helped him land the Wonder Woman gig:

https://twitter.com/LiamRSharp/statu...73156629352448
    I think I can get used to the cape

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spair View Post
    I hate to sound so shallow, but has Hippolyta gone back to being raven haired?
    I think she'll remain blonde.image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    I'm excited about Rucka but less excited about "Lies". It just smacks of a continuity obsessed piece of work, 'fixing' problems. Such obviously revisionist stuff always bothers me -- it's too often obtrusive.

I'm tired of people writing (hah, get it?) wrongs. I just want them to write. If you don't like the god/zeus origin, just ignore it? Surely that's possible.

Likewise, seeing that big burly Ares...not my favorite. Even Rucka himself didn't seem to be into that take. I much preferred the visually specific, Vertigo-esque take on the gods from Azz's run. (The original Rucka run, with suited Ares, etc was a little visually bland, but still preferable).
    It's just a tough spot to start from.

Obviously, many pre-"New52" fans were less than thrilled with changes to the back story made during that run. Factoring that in, is it the right move to do the exact same thing to fans of the "New52" run?

Even if you do, will you ever get something still won't bug each of those fans to some degree?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I'm also loving Diana and Donna's new costumes! Glad to hear that Rucka will be reconciling Diana's history. Hope fully that means the sex-pirate Amazons and Zeus-daddy aspects were merely lies created by Circe or Hecate.
    How much of the concept art that's floating around have you seen?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    How much of the concept art that's floating around have you seen?

I think I've seen all of it but there wasn't anything confirming the end of Rucka's story reconciling Diana's history. Honestly, I think Diana will still be Zeus' daughter once the story is done but that doesn't stop me from wishing differently.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I think I've seen all of it but there wasn't anything confirming the end of Rucka's story reconciling Diana's history. Honestly, I think Diana will still be Zeus' daughter once the story is done but that doesn't stop me from wishing differently.
    While I'm not sure which way it's going, it seems like I saw someone post a picture with Diana holding what looks like a metal lightning bolt. Once that was up, folks kicked around what it could be if it wasn't a nod to Zeus.