Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    Youre surprised the Chief Creative Officer has his fingerprints on the line of books that brought him his greatest success? Really?
    If these were good ideas, I wouldn't object to them. I know exactly how popular GL was -- for a while -- when Geoff wrote it. But lightning won't strike twice for him. Not with this set-up.

BANNED

This is what should have happened.

http://community.comicbookresources....Lanterns/page4

I prefer Jessica Cruz with a solo title without sharing the title with Simon Baz.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    I prefer Jessica Cruz with a solo title without sharing the title with Simon Baz.
    The problem there is that there's no reason to think she could carry a solo title. Put Kyle and Baz in it too, and it might well pull enough readers to succeed. Not to mention cleaning up the clutter in Green Lantern, which just got vastly worse.

A solo Jessica Cruz title might sell better if Batman was her mentor.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    If these were my ideas, I wouldn't object to them
    I fixed that for ya

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    I fixed that for ya
    When this flops, remember who told you so.

And it was all so avoidable too.

BANNED

If these were good ideas, I wouldn't object to them. I know exactly how popular GL was -- for a while -- when Geoff wrote it. But lightning won't strike twice for him. Not with this set-up.
    You determine what good ideas are? So far you seem the most objective towards this in this given thread at least while others are indifferent or excited.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    You determine what good ideas are? So far you seem the most objective towards this in this given thread at least while others are indifferent or excited.
    Again -- when this flops, remember who told you about it ahead of time. And you need to look up the definition of "objective."

When this flops, remember who told you so.

And it was all so avoidable too.
    Ok chief, will do

Seems like a title I'll pick up. So that makes at least 4 of us buying it going from the previous posts in this thread! But I would have picked up Hal and the Corps book, but I've heard bad things about Venditti. I've not read his stuff, so might still give it a try but I'll see...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    He's probably not alone in that.

For years we have had Hal vs John vs Kyle vs Guy with no one being able to find a writer that didn't pay favorites. Now we got Jessica & Simon thrown into the mix.

And they get to Leaguers.

And Hal gets to take over a book that Guy & John tried to share.

Hal, John, Kyle & Guy fans are not going to support this book.

Now toss in other ticked off fans like Shazam, Vixen, Static and all of them looking at this book and asking WHY those two? That nobody asked for.

DC better do what David Walker has yelled about book not featuring Bat Jesus-PROMOTE THE CRAP out of it.

Because you got to win over some readers between NOW and when that book comes out.

It might be a great book. It's up to DC to make sure everyone knows.

BANNED

Again -- when this flops, remember who told you about it ahead of time. And you need to look up the definition of "objective."
    Wrong use of the word I agree, but with Johns cowriting a issue. The two protagonist being on JL should help as well. It really depends on how well this book is pushed and promoted I don't see why your suggesting it will fail before the first issue even comes out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    He's probably not alone in that.

For years we have had Hal vs John vs Kyle vs Guy with no one being able to find a writer that didn't pay favorites. Now we got Jessica & Simon thrown into the mix.

And they get to Leaguers.

And Hal gets to take over a book that Guy & John tried to share.

Hal, John, Kyle & Guy fans are not going to support this book.

Now toss in other ticked off fans like Shazam, Vixen, Static and all of them looking at this book and asking WHY those two? That nobody asked for.

DC better do what David Walker has yelled about book not featuring Bat Jesus-PROMOTE THE CRAP out of it.

Because you got to win over some readers between NOW and when that book comes out.

It might be a great book. It's up to DC to make sure everyone knows.
    I think it's silly to hate a book because your character doesn't have one.. especially when that said character was given titles that didn't sell. I think it's silly overall to hate a fictional character or despise one not based on characterization but based on them having more then your preffered character.

Hal is obviously the Lantern that sells the most it's nice that the other Lanterns are being pushed in with him rather then scrapped. GLC would of been a better name though. There's characters I'd like to see brought back if only to atleast guest star in titles.
    Last edited by MadFacedKid; 03-26-2016 at 01:14 PM.

I'm on board!
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven