Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

This is the latest info recently.

Tom King Hasn't Decided if DC's "Omega Men" Are Good or Bad Guys

Kyle is the main character. He is the lead, and he is the hero. He's your way into the story. Kyle is a fantastic character, and what makes him different from all other Lanterns -- what makes him one of the greatest Lanterns of all-time -- is the fact that he wasn't chosen. He was picked at random. He was walking out of the club, and he got a ring. He's like you and me. He had to decide that he was going to do it, and keep doing it. This isn't someone like Hal or Guy that has no fear. He's just a guy on the street. Can you imagine that? Kyle is amazing.

Not to mention that he is sexy as hell, and he is a character of color -- probably the most prominent Hispanic character in the DCU. We're going to elevate him and treat him with the respect that a character of that gravitas deserves.
    Tom King Hasn't Decided if DC's "Omega Men" Are Good or Bad Guys
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...od-or-bad-guys

Note-i don't think Kyle is a latino of color however.I think he is like spiderman 2099,a white latino.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Count me as someone whose looking forward to this book as well.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

Geoff, if you're reading this, please stop calling the shots on Green Lantern. There are plenty of other things you can do, Everyone respects and appreciates what you did for the property, but it's tine to let go and move on.

Just stop.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 03-27-2016 at 08:45 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Geoff, if you're reading this, please stop calling the shots on Green Lantern. There are plenty of other things you can do, Everyone respects and appreciates what you did for the property, but it's tine to let go and move on.

Just stop.
    At this point, sales will determine everything.

It is time to see them sink, or swim.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post

Just stop.
    Except that nobody else has yet to come close to doing as good a job on them.

And it is still his job.

This isn't going to work. Characters the Green Lantern fanbase (at least online) is largely against. Rehashing the same old color war villains and stories. Not a star creative team. I don't see either Rebirth Green Lantern book going over very well. The fanbase is too against all of this and it seems like none of these books have anything new to say, except that one stars characters many people don't care about. Keeping Venditti around for the other title will also be hugely detrimental.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...re-new-details

Johns will co-write the "Green Lantern: Rebirth" one-shot with Humphries, illustrated by Van Sciver, that leads into "Green Lanterns." Of "Green Lanterns," Humphries said it stars Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz, and is akin to "'Lethal Weapon' in space." "We're going to put these characters through the wringer and see if they have their courage to overcome their fear," Humphries -- primarily known as writer and making his DC debut -- said. The Red Lanterns will be the villains of the opening arc, which will be titled, "Red Dawn." Robson Rocha and Ardian Syaf will illustrate "Green Lanterns."
    Actually this sounds pretty awesome, I always imagined that Jordan & Stewart, should be the Riggs and Murtaugh of the DCU.
    Stewart the-by-book staunch, level headed GL has got to work with that guy who might be pushing to close to the edge, reckless, cocky, jumping in without a plan, etc... , and together save the universe.
    And always hoped that a similar dynamic would have evolved for the movies.

But maybe that was all to obvious and on-the-nose, so they avoided it.

It might just be a more interesting take to see a similarly inspired dynamic play out with Baz and Cruz instead, who really are their own unique characters, and see in what new direction it takes them.

This was a great surprise, really looking forward to it!
    Last edited by Güicho; 03-27-2016 at 07:46 PM.

Are you kidding?

This is one of the few real curve balls coming out of "Rebirth".

Nice!

I currently have no interest in following a bimonthly Cruz/Baz title.

I am, however, a big fan of the Red Lanterns.

Looks like I'll be around for the first arc. Beyond that, we'll see what happens.

BANNED

Wait isn't Lethal Weapon in Space, the rumor for Green Lantern Movie? So what Johns doing a test run or he wants replace Hal and John in the movie? I mean I guess it helps with diversity but seems a big gamble for the Gen Public.

So these two get the Red Lanterns. While Hal leads the GLs against Sinestro Corps?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    Sort of? I guess?

After some years they introduced his long-lost father in a story, and he was Latino. But then they just stopped talking about the character. Meanwhile, Kyle isn't drawn in a way that would lead people to say "Latino," doesn't have a name that would lead people to say "Latino," and doesn't use any Spanish words or expressions. So if his Latino heritage still existed, or had been Retconned/Rebooted/Rebranded/Relaunched out at some previous time - we would have no way of knowing.

It's a Schrödinger's Cat kind of thing.

(Somebody said it got brought up recently in Omega Men. I didn't see it.)
    He suddenly started praying in Spanish in early issues of omega men... 2 or 3 I think. It was... Random.

Incredible Member

I'm willing to give this a chance. Kyle, John and Guy have all had their own series and for whatever reasons they were dropped. Maybe a little fresh blood is what is needed to pump up the franchise.

Kyle fans should remember that he wasn't welcomed with open arms when he first appeared either but he built up a good following over the years. Give Baz and Cruz a chance.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Nice!

i am actually most intrigued with jessica's face paint.

Tbh, the Cruz and Baz book doesn't interest me much, but I hold no grudge. If it does well, more power to them.

What does concern me is this other book crammed full of Green Lanterns. If the last decade is any indication, it will be Hal Jordan overshadowing Kyle, John and Guy, marginalizing them into nothing more than glorified sidekicks. I've seen quite enough to of that. When the others had their own books, it only creeped up during crossovers or events, but with all of them contained in one book, the outlook for fans of Not Hal looks kinda bleak.
    "Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing."-
    Benjamin Franklin