Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default what if DC Comics tried to copy Marvel Comics Loki Redemption By Doing A Joker Redemption Story Arc?

would you be able to buy it or not?

Not a snowball's chance in hell.

No. He's unredeemable, also, Loki hasn't even approached being repeatedly used by writers for brutal and sick actions as the Joker has.

Astonishing Member

Absolutely not.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Hell no. Loki can be redeemed, but Joker? No way.

BANNED

No ! that would make me drop every dc title that i follow...

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtzberg View Post
    No. He's unredeemable, also, Loki hasn't even approached being repeatedly used by writers for brutal and sick actions as the Joker has.
    They've retconned away his crippling of Barbra, and Harley who is being redeemed has cannonly blown up a bunch of kids.

I would be interested in seeing them starting to play up his insanity to bring out some of his old more benign personality aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovelocust View Post
    They've retconned away his crippling of Barbra, and Harley who is being redeemed has cannonly blown up a bunch of kids.

I would be interested in seeing them starting to play up his insanity to bring out some of his old more benign personality aspects.
    They didn't really retcon that though, the writers just said if you want it to mean that, you can take it that way but we aren't actually setting anything in stone, it's suppose to be ambiguous. Even if they did, that doesn't change him beating a child with a crowbar and then blowing up his bloody remains or stabbing, shooting, etc. countless victims or engaging in countless acts of terrorism against Gotham by straight up poisoning the city over and over either through the water supply or straight gassing the populace. Just because he may have, if you want to take it that way, not shot and abused one woman, doesn't change that he's an absolute monster that kills, maims and mutilates because it makes him laugh.

Loki has always had a goal. He wanted to undermine Thor to make himself look better, or he wanted power, or he wanted acceptance. Sometimes he just wanted a laugh but there was always some agenda. Joker's agenda is to create chaos. There is no underlying goal.

The redeeming storyline has been used a lot in the past, most recently with Leonard Snart (Captain Cold). Lex, Penguin, now the child murdering Harley, have all done it. But there is no way I would ever buy a story where Joker does good. Even if it's in response to Batman going evil and killing innocents it is just not in the character. Or at least any version of the character I want to read.
    It's all just an opinion. Stop taking me so damn seriously.

The beauty of Joker is in his madness and chaos... take that away and he is like any other off the mill villain.

Incredible Member

Wasn't the whole Oberon Sexton thing kind of like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingcrimsonprog View Post
    Wasn't the whole Oberon Sexton thing kind of like that?
    Considering the whole Oberon Sexton thing started with him killing someone to usurp their identity, all so he could try to kill someone else, not really. The whole thing was at it's core, still about the Joker killing people.

Spectacular Member

I worry that'll be the kind of thing they do when they reveal his identity in JL 50. They're gonna try to give us some sort of sympathetic storyline which will try to justify who he is and ruin the mystery of the character. Which is the best part of the Joker. Who is the Joker? is not a question I have ever ever wanted an answer to. He's the Joker, and the only thing that would happen if they tried that would be ruining the character and losing more sales.

Good thought though.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

1) a Joker redemption story isn't happening, and if it did, in the end you'd find out it was some elaborate evil Joker scheme all along.

2) Much as I hate the flamebait that JL #50 is being used as (because fans don't want Joker's ID revealed, I know I don't), JL #50 is probably just some elaborate trick of some sort whereby you learn the answer but then multiverse or something is reset and then you don't know again (or something like that)
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

0 interest in a redeemed Joker.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.