Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    nuKon was a rip-off of that Cable clone (whatever was his name). Still with the right writer still there could be return. And if Jon White (I will calling by that name. Officially he isn't a Kent yet) is still around, Kon simply can go by his given name, same as Mon-El, or better, he could becomes Superman Red and use a red and black uniform, but with red being the dominant color.
    Stryfe was Cable's evil clone over at Marvel.

NuKon can comeback IF they erase Harvest from existence like they did to paul westfield,cir-el,and JLK,then start over with a new origin,more black zero powerset (but with tactile senses),actual personality,and a desire to be a hero and one that never gives up.

Scion is the name.sounds like psi-on,like his psionic powers,and the defintion of scion is being the descendant or heir to a powerful family,which the Supers and luthors both are.

My 2 favorite kon looks would be season 2 of YJ look or the titans of tomorrow adult superman look,but with no cape,short sleeves,fingerless gloves,and a leather jacket.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

This whole thing just sounds like a giant cluster#$%@ waiting to happen. It is like they are purposely trying to make Superman as convoluted as humanly possible while at the same time trying to say they are bringing everything back to basics with Rebirth. This mess is not going to end well at all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    This whole thing just sounds like a giant cluster#$%@ waiting to happen. It is like they are purposely trying to make Superman as convoluted as humanly possible while at the same time trying to say they are bringing everything back to basics with Rebirth. This mess is not going to end well at all.
    The best way to get back to basics is to complicate the crap out of everything lol.

Thats what they did to kon during the new 52,and you see how that turned out.first couple issues,a few moments here and there throughout his run,the last few issues of Supergirl,and the first few pages in the Teen Titans book,BUT then it all went to crap again.he showed he was nothing more than a weak will shell of a person,and with that he can go straight to heck if it was up to me.

NO kon-el should be portrayed as pathetic as the new 52 version was at the end.

I say give us a new one that we can be proud of

Just make a Superboy Rebirth with Kon awakening and discovering than everything he remember was fake and traveling to discover his true origins, because everything lived in the post-Flashpoint series was self-retconed.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

BANNED

Just make a Superboy Rebirth with Kon awakening and discovering than everything he remember was fake and traveling to discover his true origins, because everything lived in the post-Flashpoint series was self-retconed.

Erase Harvest,that by itself will fix kon to the point of not being embarrassed to be a fan of him.

And remember there are many good versions of him to draw from.course the original should be the largest part to consult,but the YJ show version is a really great 2nd to use.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Know what? This could work.

Like maybe he's been in a tank at Cadmus this WHOLE time.

Maybe the nature of his TK made his mind sort of run wild. When he's born his brain immediately takes a tactile telekinetic "snapshot" of the world beyond his tank. So he know's who Superman, and Supergirl are, and what the Teen Titans, and JLA are.

He then mentally creates (unknowingly) what is basically a "fan fic" with him as the main character. This "fan fic" is his New 52 life. Harvest and Nowhere are basically creating a sort of boogieman that creeps at the edges of his thoughts. His mind has done all of this in a reactionary attempt to keep it from atrophy in his coma-like state. His brain is basically running long and complex simulations based on telekinetically collected data, just as busy work.

All of the plot holes and inconsistencies are now explained as the sort of incoherence that one has during dreams. In dreams most of the times events are just happening regardless of sense. All the events Superboy has ever been apart of either never happened or happened without him. Harvest and Nowhere were never even a thing. The Titans where formed in a completely new way that now allow DC to tell a secret origins book for them.

When the nameless super clone finally wakes from his sleep he'll have half remembered ties to people that haven't even met him before. Does he follow the same path he simulated, or does he forge a new one?

BAM "new" Superboy!!

It just hit me, Kenji CAN'T be the Super character in the Rebirth image.

We've just seen his suit and it comes with a cape. The suit in the Rebirth image is clearly a jacket of some sort.

We know what Jon looks like, and he has a cape too.

So Kon is the only currently known option. So there's a pretty high chance that Kon is still around

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    It just hit me, Kenji CAN'T be the Super character in the Rebirth image.

We've just seen his suit and it comes with a cape. The suit in the Rebirth image is clearly a jacket of some sort.

We know what Jon looks like, and he has a cape too.

So Kon is the only currently known option. So there's a pretty high chance that Kon is still around

I like your idea,any idea is better than just bringing back the new 52 superboy as is.

It was jon in the teaser,sorry

But Jon doesn't have a collar that sticks out, and he's got a cape. That pic does have a collar, and doesn't have cape.

I've never seen the pic you posted, but it does look official. This is all so very strange lol I guess Jon changes his shirt a lot likely because it's all homemade. Not gonna lie the kid's looking pretty darn cool.

I'll still hold out some hope though.

Oh hey, stay positive! I did some digging and it turns out that the image you posted was concept art. The rest has looked like this

I'm guessing this is his official look.

So there's still a pretty good chance it's Kon in that other image. It was seem odd to reveal Jon twice for those mini Rebirth reveal trailers.

Interestingly enough, this is Jorge Jimenez's concept art for Kon-El Superboy

Seems Jon got an upgraded version of this for his suit.

BANNED

Its jon,concept art and a concept teaser,its the same kid.

Believe me i want kon more than you ir anybody could ever dream of wanting him back,but that is jon.

Get away from kon being a hybrid,jon is now THE hybrid
    Stop acting like kon is supermans son,jon is his son

Now that by itself takes a lot of the different interpretations of kon off the table,or atleast parts of them.

Created at cadmus
    Clone
    TTK
    Attitude

Those things should always be apart of him

Lex creates him
    Lex uses his dna
    Superman dna used
    Wears a supersuit or jeans and tshirt

These things can be debated

My favorites are the original,and second is the YJ show,and you know there is a lot that can be seen as the same about the two.

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Its jon,concept art and a concept teaser,its the same kid.

Believe me i want kon more than you ir anybody could ever dream of wanting him back,but that is jon.

Get away from kon being a hybrid,jon is now THE hybrid
    Stop acting like kon is supermans son,jon is his son
    Yep, that's the way they are going. Not a problem for me. The Kon-Kal relationship should be big brother/little brother. And with that much superpeople around, I don't see why there can't be space for Kon too.

Now that by itself takes a lot of the different interpretations of kon off the table,or at least parts of them.

Created at cadmus
    Clone
    TTK
    Attitude

Those things should always be apart of him

Lex creates him
    Lex uses his dna
    Superman dna used
    Wears a supersuit or jeans and tshirt

These things can be debated

My favorites are the original,and second is the YJ show,and you know there is a lot that can be seen as the same about the two.
    I must confess I liked the revelation of him being part Luthor, part Superman. The conflict nurture vs nature is a classical in narratives.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

BANNED

Yep, that's the way they are going. Not a problem for me. The Kon-Kal relationship should be big brother/little brother. And with that much superpeople around, I don't see why there can't be space for Kon too.

I must confess I liked the revelation of him being part Luthor, part Superman. The conflict nurture vs nature is a classical in narratives.

Trying to make superman and kon,dad and son,is just a miscalculation when kon has always been more of a kid that superman felt he needed to make sure he was on the right path toward being a hero.

Thats why the debate over lex and how much he was involved in kons creation should be discussed,while other things should be no brainers.

Btw kon already went through the nature vs nuture stuff 1st when he found out he was a clone of paul westfield,and then again when he fought Black Zero.