Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

He's not being retconned. He's just being sent to the place that DC sends all it's characters that they aren't using at the moment and may eventually use.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

I miss Kon, and Linda too. Guess I can just re read the old stuff.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    He's not being retconned. He's just being sent to the place that DC sends all it's characters that they aren't using at the moment and may eventually use.
    Isn't that usually called "character limbo"?

Quote Originally Posted by RoyImpulse View Post
    He and Bart are probably gone for a good long while unfortunately.
    Sadly they're two characters who've really become "toxic," and with Jon seemingly taking on the Superboy name and NuWally stepping into the Kid Flash role, is there a place for either Kon or Bart in the current DCU? Bart could eventually return as Impulse, I guess, but I fear what would be done with Kon... You like to think it couldn't get any worse, but I wouldn't bet on it.

BANNED

Bart could be Impulse,and kon could be Scion,and more like his YJ season 2 version,he was such a great well rounded hero that season.not to mention does everyone remember Futures End? He was weaker,powers that made him "feel" like YJ superboy,but STILL all TTK.heat and sound are the two easiest wavelengths to sense,and could fit perfectly with how kons tactile senses work.take flight and heat vision away from him and he would feel like all the versions.

They could also make him hide and run ,always wearing regular clothes,jackets,glasses,even hats.he could help where he sees the need.

Or he could be a Cadmus agent,kinda how the YJ team was covert.

BANNED

I think having kon around a older kal and a lil super kid would be great for all of them.they could relate to each other in cool ways,like having jon see kon as his cool older cousin,and kon looking up to kal,while kal wishes kon could have had a childhood and a real father.

Or kon can just be a secret covert op for Cadmus,bringin in alien or earth based lifeforms that is trouble.

Kon's ultimate fate I think will ultimately depend on how Jon is received. Until disappointingly told otherwise, I have to believe at this point that Superdad's taking over the books is something temporary much like Bat-Gordon. Jon though I see as a big wildcard. If he takes off, there's no reason not to keep with him. If he doesn't pan out though, that could pave the way to get rid of him too and bring back Kon. Via they're thinking it doesn't necessarily have to be one or the other, it could conceivably be both, I just think with how badly Kon was mishandled, not many would be in a rush to dust him off and fix the mess if the Jon concept flies.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Kon's ultimate fate I think will ultimately depend on how Jon is received. Until disappointingly told otherwise, I have to believe at this point that Superdad's taking over the books is something temporary much like Bat-Gordon. Jon though I see as a big wildcard. If he takes off, there's no reason not to keep with him. If he doesn't pan out though, that could pave the way to get rid of him too and bring back Kon. Via they're thinking it doesn't necessarily have to be one or the other, it could conceivably be both, I just think with how badly Kon was mishandled, not many would be in a rush to dust him off and fix the mess if the Jon concept flies.

I do not think that Jon erased continuity because he is the son of superman recalls that the fans do not like Damian but still not deleted for being the son of batman
    Last edited by Naruto1996; 03-29-2016 at 06:50 AM.

BANNED

I just wish DC would have stopped all the "superman is the daddy" stuff we have been shoved down our throat,from geoff,to YJ (1st season),and then new 52,thats what killed kon,atleast in part imo.

Kon was created to "be" superman,not to be his son,how hard is that to wrap around folks brains.it never fully worked,because he was a idea that was never going to completely mesh with the reality of the situation.

Jon is the son of superman,and should have a framework that uses that.kon is a clone,created to be superman by humans,totally different set up and ways to go about it.

jon and kon are so different it boggles my mind how anybody could put them in the same category.jon was a normal kid who found out his dad was superman then got powers himself,and kon is a human answer to a alien god,they are absolutely nothing like each other.

Jon has normal everything,but for now being SUPER.kon is not normal in anyway,and in some ways would like to be,but knows he was created for something different.

their personalities are insanely different,their powers should be different in my opinion,and while jon is wearing jeans,its because he is a normal lid who wears jeans,while kon wears his as either a statement of being different than superman,or try to fit in.

Having these two around at the same time does not take away from the other at all,cause their story paths are leading in 2 completely different directions.

BANNED

Does this

And this

Look like the same?

No

Stop treating them as the same,or one or the other,they are worlds apart in every conceivable way,and they both can see print,and at the same time.

BANNED

If this is true, then may Jon Kent be more hated than Betty Draper and Skyler White combined!

But seriously, I hope they give Kon a new identity and straighten out his character somehow. He's a cool guy and he deserves better.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by RoyImpulse View Post
    He and Bart are probably gone for a good long while unfortunately.
    It looks like Cassie is gone as well. Tim is the only safe one probably because he is a part of the Batfamily.

BANNED

We need a YJ revolution.

He is being replaced by the Lois & Clark's spawn, isnt he.

All-New Member

It will be interesting to see what happens because I wonder if DC is trying to have another Tim-and-Kon with Damian and Jonathan. Not in a literal way, since the dynamic will no doubt be massively different, but with Damian on TT I have wondered. Damian's already taken over a lot of the roles Robin!Tim used to fill, so I imagine that maybe they're gonna start trying to use Jon in a similar way and see if that works.

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto1996 View Post
    I do not think that Jon erased continuity because he is the son of superman recalls that the fans do not like Damian but still not deleted for being the son of batman
    LOL, true. I always see a lot of Damian dislike and that hasn't stopped them from putting him in 3 movies, so if they want to push Jon, they will, whether the audience loves him wholeheartedly or not.