Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    We need a YJ revolution.
    If it is about petitioning for the show back, count me in

Quote Originally Posted by noakai View Post
    It will be interesting to see what happens because I wonder if DC is trying to have another Tim-and-Kon with Damian and Jonathan. Not in a literal way, since the dynamic will no doubt be massively different, but with Damian on TT I have wondered. Damian's already taken over a lot of the roles Robin!Tim used to fill, so I imagine that maybe they're gonna start trying to use Jon in a similar way and see if that works.

LOL, true. I always see a lot of Damian dislike and that hasn't stopped them from putting him in 3 movies, so if they want to push Jon, they will, whether the audience loves him wholeheartedly or not.
    A lot of people love Damian and, already, people love Jon.

Re member

This is how you break your fan base.

If Kon is completely gone, not to be used or mentioned, the fans of Kon will not only be upset with DC they'll be resentful of Jon. Jon as Superboy will not be as successful as it might otherwise be because Kon fans won't buy in. Sniping, snarking, and grumpyness will ensue further dividing the fans.

We've seen it before with the various Batgirls, Green Lanterns, Supergirls, etc. It's the Highlander Syndrome - there can only be one.

Damian doesn't have this problem because the Bat office at DC understands they don't have to dump Dick, Jason, or Tim to give us Damian. In fact they understand they can leverage that fan base love by keeping all the characters and season their stories with the relationships between the Robins. The stories are deeper and more interesting because of it.

The Superman office has an opportunity to recognize that the Bat office knows better how to do this sort of thing and learn a lesson.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    If it is about petitioning for the show back, count me in

Not just the show,but dont get me wrong i want the show back,probably more than anybody,but what i meant was EVERYTHING that YJ encompassed,the peter david comic,the YJ4 in the Titans book,the show,the whole 3rd generation teen hero idea.if DC could some how gel all of that together into a new comic,and a season 3 with the same feel i would be very happy.

Kon
    Tim
    Cassie
    Bart
    Megan
    Kaldur
    Artemis
    Virgil
    Jaimie
    Grant E.

BANNED

I hope they dont believe its a one or another kinda thing,instead of another branch to pull from.

I have liked jon in the miniseries,and im sure i will like him in the super sons book.kon is NOT a super son,he is humans trying to recreate a god,for good or bad,but thats where his story starts.

One or another doesnt make sense,and DC can have both and make more fans happy

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    A lot of people love Damian and, already, people love Jon.
    I'm one of the ones that love Damian, so I'm glad And I really loved Chris Kent, so I'm 100% willing to give Jon a chance too, to see if I enjoy him as well. But, just like with Tim, it sucks that other characters getting pushed means other ones end up on the back burner.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Nor is it the first time that Kon is replaced by a Jon Lane Kent as the new Superboy, the last time Kon was killed during Lobdell's Krypton Returns to make room for his replacement.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Nor is it the first time that Kon is replaced by a Jon Lane Kent as the new Superboy, the last time Kon was killed during Lobdell's Krypton Returns to make room for his replacement.
    jon lane kent different from Johnathan samuel lane

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    jon lane kent different from Johnathan samuel lane
    Both are sons of Superman and Lois, anyway.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Both are sons of Superman and Lois, anyway.
    one is son of new 52 lois and clark, and another from pre new 52 lois and clark

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    one is son of new 52 lois and clark, and another from pre new 52 lois and clark
    They're children of Lois and Superman although from two different continuity. No need to point out every single detail.

BANNED

Jon is the child of superman and lois
    Kon is the hybrid clone created to be superman

Nothing like each other,so why cant we have both?

BANNED

To fix kon first thing you need to do is erase Harvest,they erased cir-el,they erased paul Westfield,they can do it to Harvest.then have lex create him at Cadmus, for evil purposes.have the YJ team save him and become his friends.have him modeled after season 2 of YJ superboy,very all round great hero and strategists.then make his powers all TTK,to keep him distinct,make them appear like YJ shows superboy powers,but with added TTK skills like 90s kon had and tactile senses like new 52 had,then add flight and heat vision over time.

He would be different look,act,think,powerset,origin,everything than the new younger superboy jon.

And to finish give him a new hero name.......SCION,cause he was created into 2 very powerful families.not to mention scion sounds like psi on,which is what his powerset is,psionic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    To fix kon first thing you need to do is erase Harvest,they erased cir-el,they erased paul Westfield,they can do it to Harvest.then have lex create him at Cadmus, for evil purposes.have the YJ team save him and become his friends.have him modeled after season 2 of YJ superboy,very all round great hero and strategists.then make his powers all TTK,to keep him distinct,make them appear like YJ shows superboy powers,but with added TTK skills like 90s kon had and tactile senses like new 52 had,then add flight and heat vision over time.

He would be different look,act,think,powerset,origin,everything than the new younger superboy jon.

And to finish give him a new hero name.......SCION,cause he was created into 2 very powerful families.not to mention scion sounds like psi on,which is what his powerset is,psionic.
    Yeah....getting rid of Harvest is first on the list. And having a defined powerset (but one trying to emulate Superman) is also ke.

But I'm not sure Lex is actually necessary...in fact, having multiple "fathers" might be interesting, along with a sense of alienation from his "parents" and a burden of legacy...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    Yeah....getting rid of Harvest is first on the list. And having a defined powerset (but one trying to emulate Superman) is also ke.

But I'm not sure Lex is actually necessary...in fact, having multiple "fathers" might be interesting, along with a sense of alienation from his "parents" and a burden of legacy...
    He isnt,not to me,but this hybrid origin is the one most ppl know of or think of when they think of kon.i think every version but for the original and the new 52 versions went with that one.i personally would go with more of the original,a human clone turned into a super clone,or maybe a bizzaro that instead of becoming backwards it mutated powerwise.

Hopefully he is being thought of by someone at DC,and he will show up somewhere.

Oh and Cadmus is now being used on the Supergirl show so we might see him down the road there also.