Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    jon lane kent different from Johnathan samuel lane
    http://comicvine.gamespot.com/jon-kent/4005-81104/

BANNED

I will be a lil pissed if DC gives jon TTK,that should and is only kons power,as it was created for him in 1993.

i really hate the idea of SuperDad and Superbaby taking over the roles in the current DCU. Superdad just makes the character a convoluted mess and Kon is a much better character than Jon Kent. Didio or someone at DC has been trying to make the son of Lois and Clark DC's Superboy for a while now. ruining Conner Kent in the process. once again DC has wasted the popularity of the Young Justice cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    i really hate the idea of SuperDad and Superbaby taking over the roles in the current DCU. Superdad just makes the character a convoluted mess and Kon is a much better character than Jon Kent. Didio or someone at DC has been trying to make the son of Lois and Clark DC's Superboy for a while now. ruining Conner Kent in the process. once again DC has wasted the popularity of the Young Justice cartoon.
    what is the problem that superman is father? I like that concept explores a new facet of Superman

Batman has an official child

Superman can also have an official child

the son of batman(Damian Wayne) and superman son(Jonathan samuel kent) are good heirs of their parents

i dont have a problem with the concept of Superman as a father i just hate the way they are doing it. bringing back pre-Flashpoint Superman is such a terrible idea. there are already people referring to him as "the real Superman". it just stirs up the anti-New 52 people who are still complaining 5 years after the reboot. also it sucks that Superbaby is pushing Kon El out of the picture.

BANNED

I like a older more parental superman,but i also like the younger guys ass kicking attitude,and that he is considered the most powerful guy around,and he shows it over and over again.

I like the idea of a "too young" superboy trying to be a hero when his parents say hell no.

Kon being around would have been DCs perfect chance to play up the same type of relationship stories that damian,dick,and bruce have over in the Bat corner of the universe.having kon and jon running together like dick and damian did would have been great for both characters.

Kon was destroyed by lobdell from start to finish,and he absolutely needs a retcon or reboot for sure,but the great thing about kon is that there are so many great other versions of him to draw inspiration to make a real solid version for the Rebirthed universe.

I would personally just wipe the whole new 52 kon out of existence right along with Harvest,like paul westfield was,and cir el was.start all over and make this new kon be the first kon again.i think having jon be a hybrid of kryptonian and human that should allow kon to take back his original origin of being a human super clone.yes thats not the most well known and im ok with the hybrid clone version,but DC just dropped a hybrid in the books so it opens it up for ppl to think kon is redundant when he isnt.from this point on DC should use the most unique ideas relating to kon from here on out,no more superman lite or anything that could be compared to jon.
    1 lex at cadmus creates a human super clone
    2 clone has TTK and is a solar battery
    3 escapes at 17,so he can be old enough to be mature and able to be a hero,but still young and full of attitude.plus if you wanted to limit his powers they could until he was older
    Remember how kon scolded blue beetle about not doing the research on the YJ show season 2,thats how kon could be with jon.he could say,ok you want to be a hero fine,but you have to take it serious and put in the work.

Oh and even if you went with the human super clone origin you could still use lex as the dna donor,and still call kon Scion,because he was created into a powerful family,actually two (lex and the Supers).

BANNED

The concept of Super Son predates Kon-El,same goes for the identity of Superboy,if there is no creator or company interest in Kon then dissing on another character isn't going to ignite that interest. Maybe people need to accept the fact that they've told whatever stories they wanted to tell with Kon-El and dont see him as being anything special or important outside the Superboy role which he had for 2 decades and now belongs to another character. The YJ4 generation just couldn't survive past the 90's,all they have after that is Johns geoffconning them in to something else followed by years of decline and then failure from the new-52 and onwards.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    The concept of Super Son predates Kon-El,same goes for the identity of Superboy,if there is no creator or company interest in Kon then dissing on another character isn't going to ignite that interest. Maybe people need to accept the fact that they've told whatever stories they wanted to tell with Kon-El and dont see him as being anything special or important outside the Superboy role which he had for 2 decades and now belongs to another character. The YJ4 generation just couldn't survive past the 90's,all they have after that is Johns geoffconning them in to something else followed by years of decline and then failure from the new-52 and onwards.
    Wow alll BS there,and the same could be said for a super sons concept,which hasn't been around for decades.you got a lot of nerve saying how characters failed,when they didnt,they live on perfectly fine in EVERY single other version of the character,more that the writers and editors failed the character,and should kicked to the curb for taking such a easy win and turning it into a terrible disaster.do i have to remind you and others that kon has been respected and done well in these other versions,and its really a "cute" thing to say he is a failed concept and should be done.
    90s kesel the original
    Geoffs bland,but iconic and badass version
    Smallville season 11,and show before that
    Injustice gods among us
    The Just from earth 16
    Superman family adventures
    Convergence superboy
    Young Justice tv show
    Thats a lot of good interpretations that succeeded in what it was trying to achieve,and i bet most kon fans would take any of those versions over the one we got from lobdell and DC in the new 52.

I will agree with you about talking crap about jon just because he took the superboy name.i know i wont,no matter how much i want kon back,i still think a 10 year old child of lois and clark should be given the chance any new character should be given.oh and you should give him a chance,because they are NOTHINGlike each other,and really i dont see jon taking kons place,mlre adding something new to the SUPERverse.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Wow alll BS there,and the same could be said for a super sons concept,which hasn't been around for decades.you got a lot of nerve saying how characters failed,when they didnt,they live on perfectly fine in EVERY single other version of the character,more that the writers and editors failed the character,and should kicked to the curb for taking such a easy win and turning it into a terrible disaster.do i have to remind you and others that kon has been respected and done well in these other versions,and its really a "cute" thing to say he is a failed concept and should be done.
    90s kesel the original
    Geoffs bland,but iconic and badass version
    Smallville season 11,and show before that
    Injustice gods among us
    The Just from earth 16
    Superman family adventures
    Convergence superboy
    Young Justice tv show
    Thats a lot of good interpretations that succeeded in what it was trying to achieve,and i bet most kon fans would take any of those versions over the one we got from lobdell and DC in the new 52.

I will agree with you about talking crap about jon just because he took the superboy name.i know i wont,no matter how much i want kon back,i still think a 10 year old child of lois and clark should be given the chance any new character should be given.oh and you should give him a chance,because they are NOTHINGlike each other,and really i dont see jon taking kons place,mlre adding something new to the SUPERverse.
    What BS are you referring to? the fact that there is neither company nor creator interest in Kon right now? it's not BS it's true. The character went on a decline from Johns and onwards,that's fact. The only thing he has going for him is Young Justice,the rest is irrelevant,either way I didn't say he should be benched or forgotten just that there is lack of interest in him unless he's Superboy which he's not right now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    What BS are you referring to? the fact that there is neither company nor creator interest in Kon right now? it's not BS it's true. The character went on a decline from Johns and onwards,that's fact. The only thing he has going for him is Young Justice,the rest is irrelevant,either way I didn't say he should be benched or forgotten just that there is lack of interest in him unless he's Superboy which he's not right now.
    You dont know if anybody wants to do kon stories,and remember lobdell destroyed him to his core,and that isna hard thing to work around.

I might not have been totally happy with Lemires superboy run,but it was highly praised,and do i have to remind you of the list of versions above.Smallville by itself has shown a kon that is great hero,so no its not been downhill since geoff left.

Oh and young justice was big,and still big l,hell ppl want the DCU to follow the YJ show continuity which is a amazing testament to how successful it is the DC fanbase.

I have been pushing the idea to call him Scion,not to push him away from superman,but to give him room to get out of the box the superboy name has him in.he could have any kind of story or go in any direction,just look at dick grayson.he was robin,then went to college,became nightwing,etc,went to Bludhaven,then now his grayson book is much different,but another branch in dicks life that will make it more complete.i want the same for kon,not necessarily the new 52 version,but a version worth growing

Spectacular Member

I miss the friendship between Kon-El and Tim Drake, that was one of my favorite friendships in the DCU. I'm certainly hoping the dynamics shift and we see more of that with Damian and Jonathan in the Supersons title. I wouldn't be angry about seeing the return of a 90's style Superboy but hopefully it'll be done well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by caleb.superboy View Post
    I miss the friendship between Kon-El and Tim Drake, that was one of my favorite friendships in the DCU. I'm certainly hoping the dynamics shift and we see more of that with Damian and Jonathan in the Supersons title. I wouldn't be angry about seeing the return of a 90's style Superboy but hopefully it'll be done well.
    I think jon is to young to be as girl crazy as 90s kon.

And stop trying to compare kon and jon,they are NOTHING like each other,and stop(before you do it DC)trying to apply "patented" kon traits to jon,let jon grow into his own.

Man I think Conner is going to stay in limbo for a while.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Man I think Conner is going to stay in limbo for a while.
    Hopefully nuKon does,he has a bad origin,over Marvellized TK,no personality,and yhe weakest will of any character.

We need a fresh start with a new kon based off of all the great versions we have in small doses

nuKon was a rip-off of that Cable clone (whatever was his name). Still with the right writer still there could be return. And if Jon White (I will calling by that name. Officially he isn't a Kent yet) is still around, Kon simply can go by his given name, same as Mon-El, or better, he could becomes Superman Red and use a red and black uniform, but with red being the dominant color.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin