Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    Hmm. This feels a little bit underwhelming, tell you all the truth.

I still don't get how they think Scott Lobdell is supposed to be a draw for their big relaunch, for instance...

There are some books I'm going to try tho' - so, as such:

All-Star Batman
    Wonder Woman (for Sharpe's art - not so sure about Abnett as a writer any more...)
    Superwoman ( NO idea what this is supposed to be! But Gimenez is usually quite good, we'll see...)
    Blue Beetle (very surprised to see the return of Ted Kord! And the creative team is interesting)

Deathstroke - by PRIEST is a big surprise tho'! I think this marks Christopher Priest's first big two comics-work in MORE THAN A DECADE! 0_o So, I'll keep my eyes out for the reviews of that one, but I have absolutely NO interest in the character tho'.

I'm a bit peeved that they seem to be going with the new bat-suit in All-Star Batman... just exactly what is the point of calling the title All-Star, if you're going to make it an in-continuity book, anyway? Seems like a terrible mistake to me. Still, Romita Jr on Batman will be awesome, and I hear Snyder is a great Bat-writer. (I felt his Superman: Unchained was underwhelming, but I'll give him ONE more chance.)

Dropping:

Action Comics
    Superman

(although truthfully I had only been reading sporadically, since I felt Truth turned into a cluster-f**k)

Is it said that Action Comics will be about Pre-Flashpoint Superman tho'? I see nothing to indicate this - looks like a redesigned version of New-52 Supes on the cover.
    I think people need to layoff Lobdell already. He is only writing 1 book and he has written the best Red Hood so far.

BANNED

Is it said that Action Comics will be about Pre-Flashpoint Superman tho'? I see nothing to indicate this - looks like a redesigned version of New-52 Supes on the cover.
    In the presentation, he specifically said it was about Lois and Clark and Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    I think people need to layoff Lobdell already. He is only writing 1 book and he has written the best Red Hood so far.
    I agree. He might not be that great on Titans or Superman, but Red Hood has been pretty good. It suits his style.

WANT:

Superman
    Wonder Woman
    New Superman
    Trinity
    Justice League
    Batman (YAS Tom King!)
    Detective Comics (Batwoman <3)
    Batgirl
    Batgirl & The Birds of Prey

MAYBE:
    Superwoman
    The Flash (because of Di Giandomenico)
    Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps
    Green Lantern (Sam Humphries is hit or miss. We'll see.)
    Cyborg
    Teen Titans (could have been in want but idk about the artist tbh...)
    Nightwing

No he has not written the best Red Hood so far. He cut off his ball and buried him under bad story. The character no longer has any real presence or impact, and keeping Lobdell on his book is just going to make so that his book continues to be pointed to as the benchmark for whats bad at DC, when its not being ignored.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-26-2016 at 03:28 PM.

A lot of great announcements but also a lot of disappointing ones. The Batman books have an all star line up. Can't say the same for the Superman books. Cyborg needed a big name creative team to have a chance. That book is DOA. Vendeti still allowed to write Green Lantern. Percy still allowed to write Green Arrow. New 52 Wally West still around which means classic Wally is gone for good.

How many freaking characters does DC need with Superman's powers? Hate the fact that pre-Flashpoint Lois and Clark are still around with their Superbaby.

My pull list is going to be very small since I don't read the Bat books. Definitely Blue Beetles by Giffen. I'll give Cyborg a chance.

Ben Percy on Teen Titans. Hasn't that franchise suffered enough?
    Last edited by Robotman; 03-26-2016 at 03:35 PM.

BANNED

Losing the New 52 Supergirl get-up? Sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    A lot of great announcements but also a lot of disappointing ones. The Batman books have an all star line up. Can't say the same for the Superman books. Cyborg needed a big name creative team to have a chance. That book is DOA. Vendeti still allowed to write Green Lantern. Percy still allowed to write Green Arrow. New 52 Wally West still around which means classic Wally is gone for good.

How many freaking characters does DC need with Superman's powers? Hate the fact that pre-Flashpoint Lois and Clark are still around with their Superbaby.

My pull list is going to be very small since I don't read the Bat books. Definitely Blue Beetles by Giffen. I'll give Cyborg a chance.
    Ya, this one had me a little disappointed. Not that i have anything against the creative team, but i just don't see Cyborg being able to sustain twice monthly with an unknown creative team.

I've dropped everything. The Superman line's announcement was even more dire than I thought it could have been, and while I didn't have any issue with any of the other announcements, Superman is my favorite character, so if I'm not buying him, my interest in DC as a whole wanes considerably. I will stick with a lot, and have stuck with a lot, and give most anything and have given most everything its due shot in my time reading comics. But I won't support this idea. I'm not buying comics today to read about literally the 90s era Superman as written by the 90s era Superman writer. I've eaten my share of crap with Superman and DC before, but I'm stepping out of the lunch line on this one. I'd rather go hungry.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-26-2016 at 03:41 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Priest on Deathstroke biggest surprise for me. I'm looking forward with what he'll do with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I've dropped everything. The Superman line's announcement was even more dire than I thought it could have been, and while I didn't have any issue with any of the other announcements, Superman is my favorite character, so if I'm not buying him, my interest in DC as a whole wanes considerably.
    Yeah same here. I'm not much of a Batman fan any more so there wasn't much here to get me excited. I'm pretty much dropping everything. I'm not buying a book that I have very little interest in twice a month. Jugens on Superman again was the most depressing announcement. DC really has no idea what to do with the character.

DC's sales will probably be Bat books in the top 50 and all the mid level characters not breaking the top 100. So pretty much what they are now but with more Bat books.
    Last edited by Robotman; 03-26-2016 at 03:44 PM.

Definite pulls:
    Wonder Woman (Rucka!!!!!)
    The Flash (Can't believe they got Williamson)
    Aquaman (Abnett is solid)
    Batman (Tom King, enough said)
    Nightwing (I will pull whatever Grayson is in. The one DC guarantee on my pull at all times. Seeley's issues were always a significant drop in quality from King's so I'm a little disappointed, but still solid 8/10s for me.)
    Batgirl and the Birds of Prey (shocked this is on my pull, but I love the team they picked (wasn't expecting classic BoP) plus I love The 100, so I'm in)

Maybe pulls:
    Supergirl (I like her and Orlando, but the pitch didn't really jive with me)
    Trinity (I don't read teams much but Manapul is a fav)
    Green Lanterns (never been interested in the franchise but these two seem cool, plus Humphries pitch was awesome)
    Cyborg (I like the character but nothing standing out about this one, numbers could prevent it being pulled)
    Titans (again not a huge fan of teams but I love the lineup/pitch)
    Green Arrow (Love the character, mixed on Percy so far, he has potential but needs to meet it)
    Deathstroke (Great character, never liked his solos though. But Priest is a big draw)
    Blue Beetle (Love Jaime in Young Justice, don't know much about Giffen)
    Teen Titans (not really interested but the pitch of Damien taking the team and no one wanting it is adorable, so I might give it a shot)
    Detective comics (unlikely, but Spoiler...)
    All Star Batman (didn't love the pitch but Snyder's decent. I'll probably pop in and out depending on the arc)

So lots of maybes. Titans, Trinity and Green Lanterns are the ones I'm most interested in from that list.
    Last edited by dan12456; 03-26-2016 at 03:45 PM.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Wow. Cyborg really is DOA. If they had Priest, they should have put him on it. His comedic style would work really well on Vic, and with a good artist he's enough of a draw to sustain the book.
    Cyclops was right

Incredible Member

Wonder Woman (for Sharpe's art - not so sure about Abnett as a writer any more...)
    Abnett's not the one writing Wonder Woman, Greg Rucka is. Abnett is doing Aquaman and Titans. Though I agree, he's not as great as when he was with Andy Lanning doing the Marvel Cosmic stuff.

Absolutely not. I don't know what deal Lobdell made, but I am honestly shocked he still gets control over Jason. How DC could restructure their Batman line to include so many talented people and keep that in there is unfathomable. Critically, Lobdell's Red Hood material has been torn to shreds pretty consistently, and the fact that they have to keep relaunching it to try and sell it is proof it hasn't ever worked very well. Jason needs someone to do for him what Seeley and King have done for Dick.

I just ...... I don't have face palms to go around the stupidity of this. This is just redressing of the same failed reboot from last 5 years. Some of this stuff might be exciting in real DCU but no we still stuck with no one allowed to be married, boring, bland, emo dcu. Where the worst robin is leading teen titans. Where Wonder Woman god of war. No history. No real JSA. No real Wally West just some bad impersonator in his place.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Wonder Woman
    Supergirl
    Hellblazer
    Nightwing
    Tom King's Batman

Superman books are shot to hell, sadly.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 03-27-2016 at 03:10 AM.