Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Why would I want to know?
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I don't really want to know. I don't think defining him as a certain person will give anything to the character nor do I want to know if Joker might not be entirely human.
    Agreed. I'm cool with the idea of having vague suggestions that he could be something beyond human, but never confirming such a possibility. Giving him an identity? I don't think there's a need for that

Im banking on it being like some relative of Bruce.

Who cares?

DC has been doing way too much on Joker since TDK. Give the guy a rest and make him interesting again.
    Batgirl - ...BOP - Batman - 'Tec - Nightwing - Supergirl - Titans - Wonder Woman

It's going to be vague enough to not upset any apple carts, or something that somehow circumvents the question. Geoff Johns is not going to lay down the law on a central piece of Batman lore in a Justice League comic.
    Last edited by TheNewFiftyForum; 03-27-2016 at 03:27 PM.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Empty is thy hand!

This is an awful idea that shows a lack of imagination as well as their insistence on using stunt storytelling.

Unless Joker turns out to be Grant Morrison.

First name Joe
    Last name Kerr

Anything too far from that will be lame

Fantastic Member

Joker's name is obviously Martha or Thomas.

/S
    Dreaded, run from it, Bendis still arrives to ruin your canon.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Dumbest idea in comics history this is.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    It's going to be vague enough as to not upset any apple carts, or something that somehow circumvents the question. Geoff Johns is not going to lay down the law on a central piece of Batman lore in a Justice League comic.
    Six months ago I would have definitely agreed with you. Now, I am not so sure. It seems pretty clear that everything creative at DC, or most everything, is running through REBIRTH, and that REBIRTH is under the control of Johns. If he says this is an integral part of the DCU REBIRTH, then it will probably be done. There is also the fact that Affleck is talking of collaboration with Johns, and word is that WB very much wants Affleck to direct and star in the solo Batman movie (and possibly write it as well), which will likely heavily involve the Joker and his history with Batman (and therefore possibly his identity).

None of which makes what you've said wrong. Odds are, you are right. But it isn't the certainty it would have been even just recently.

Fantastic Member

Judging by the cover, I suspect the real identity of Joker might lead to the rebirth,I know it sounds kinda crazy but the jokers from different ages/continuity on the cover implies his role might be instrumental to rebirth.
    Dreaded, run from it, Bendis still arrives to ruin your canon.

Quote Originally Posted by IronLantern View Post
    Im banking on it being like some relative of Bruce.
    Actually, why couldn't he be a member of Kate / Kathy Kane's branch of the family . . . maybe a guy named "Robert"?

I mean, "Joseph Kerr" was already done in J.M. DeMatteis' "Going Sane":

I'd say that at this point, they need to stick with either Joe Kerr or Jack Napier out of tradition. Anything else will sound stupid.

This is a sign we may be reaching full-on jump the shark/creative bankruptcy with DC.

Incredible Member

I really hope it isn't Joe Chill, Thomas Wayne or some other similarly terrible retcon decision.