Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Dan Didio or Bob Harras. Would make sense.

Spectacular Member

James Howlett.

I mean, that did so much to "develop the character", right?

Fantastic Member

Considering the promotional image with multiple versions of the Joker, maybe there have been multiple Jokers and so there's no real identity. Any random nobody is one bad day away from becoming the Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Considering this is the New 52 last hurrah why not have fin with stuff like this.
    Uh . . . "New52 last hurrah"?

Gee, people would think you're expecting a full reboot / wipeout of the stories from 2011-2016 under "Rebirth".

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Uh . . . "New52 last hurrah"?

Gee, people would think you're expecting a full reboot / wipeout of the stories from 2011-2016 under "Rebirth".
    Why do I suddenly get the feeling that right after rebirth we're going to see a lot of 52 fans lamenting the same way that those of us who liked Post COIE were lamenting. Although the shoe will be on the other foot this time.

Anyway, Jack Napier would be the best bet to harken back to the whole Animated series, something a good number of fans watched. I just hope he's not related to Bruce, like it turns out he's his cousin or something and they played together as kids but Bruce doesn't remember because....reasons.

Member in Disguise

We already do know his real name. It's the Joker.
    ...Expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Dumbest idea in comics history this is.
    Far from it. You need to read a Spider-Man story called Sins Past.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 03-31-2016 at 10:26 PM.

Isn't he immortal? Telling the name won't really matter as I would assume, if what Snyder was alluding to in Batman is true, he's assumed many "real" names and identities.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

Probably an April Fools joke i doubt it'll happen.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Far from it. You need to read Spider-Man a story called Sins Past.
    No, Spider-Man: OMD is worse
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Calm down, everyone. It probably won't stick and be cannon anyway, with 2 issues left until Rebirth...

Quote Originally Posted by GDC3 View Post
    Isn't he immortal? Telling the name won't really matter as I would assume, if what Snyder was alluding to in Batman is true, he's assumed many "real" names and identities.
    I thought it turned out he faked the pictures that suggested that. But I have to admit I kind of glazed over by that point in the story.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    I thought it turned out he faked the pictures that suggested that. But I have to admit I kind of glazed over by that point in the story.
    It doesn't matter, his origin will probably change again sometime soon and the immortal thing will be dropped.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    It doesn't matter, his origin will probably change again sometime soon and the immortal thing will be dropped.
    I thought he was lying about the immortal thing?

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

This pretty much proves that DC is out of ideas, and is resorting to tabloid-like tactics in order to get all the press they can. Why does the Joker need a "real name?" what character dynamic does this change for the better by revealing this? The Joker only works because he's ambiguous giving him a set identity wont make him a better character it will make him a more generic one, just watch and see, but DC doesn't care about any of that, all they care about is momentarily winning the headlines. Of course defenders are going to think just because it's new, we should give it a try. "It could be good" they will say. This is exactly the kind of mentality that has led us to this point, DC doesn't have faith in the core essence of their characters anymore. Now it's about gimmicks, and the new fans (aka the fans to gullible to know better) . And yes any name they give him will be erased, once they wake up and realize that giving a fixed identity to one of the few characters in fiction that gets along legendarily without one is a terrible idea. This is getting sad.
    Last edited by mathew101281; 03-31-2016 at 04:16 PM.