Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
    If the two Superman fuse, do they turn into a bigger Superman with more power?

Screw Batman/Superman, I want a Supermen title!
    Seems to me it will just be Superman with probably 20 years more worth of memories, plus his already present one from the NU52. Oh, and he's wearing a wedding ring again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    Nightmare for who?

Rucka will cherry pick the best from post crisis and new 52. he is one of the best superman writers.

I don't care for new 52 superman, maybe die is a little extreme, but merger with pre52 seems the best option
    I'm all for re-establishing advanced/enlightened amazons/supporting cast, but there's nothing wrong with 52 Diana. Let her grow and evolve on her own.

Holy Mother of God, have a little mercy. It's the concept of merging either Clark or Diana that's horrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nuke View Post
    Seems to me it will just be Superman with probably 20 years more worth of memories, plus his already present one from the NU52. Oh, and he's wearing a wedding ring again.
    That's horrible. They're 2 different people.
    Last edited by dumbduck; 03-26-2016 at 05:05 PM.

BANNED

I must be missing something.

There are 2 "Supermen" in the promo art from the panel. One has the all-blue suit with the red "belt," the other has a blue suit with red boots and a yellow belt.

Because of the rampant ageism in DC Comics (like most media) and because the great Lee Weeks isn't drawing the pre-Flashpoint Superman, they're both drawn the look in their mid-20s. One of them, though, is the Earth-0 Superman.

My problem is that A) the Real Steel Deal isn't back in the classic uniform on another Earth and B) Action's numbering is reflecting the New 52 garbage. Those are just my Superman-related problems with Afterbirth at that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xon-Ur View Post
    I must be missing something.

There are 2 "Supermen" in the promo art from the panel. One has the all-blue suit with the red "belt," the other has a blue suit with red boots and a yellow belt.

Because of the rampant ageism in DC Comics (like most media) and because the great Lee Weeks isn't drawing the pre-Flashpoint Superman, they're both drawn the look in their mid-20s. One of them, though, is the Earth-0 Superman.

My problem is that A) the Real Steel Deal isn't back in the classic uniform on another Earth and B) Action's numbering is reflecting the New 52 garbage. Those are just my Superman-related problems with Afterbirth at that.
    looks like the same costume, with coloring mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by dumbduck View Post
    I'm all for re-establishing advanced/enlightened amazons/supporting cast, but there's nothing wrong with 52 Diana. Let her grow and evolve on her own.

Holy Mother of God, have a little mercy. It's the concept of merging either Clark or Diana that's horrifying.
    Rucka won't merge anything. and new 52 Azzarello wonder woman personality is ok, but the rest is crap so I don't mind Rucka doing some retcons. the character needs it.
    Last edited by Tayswift; 03-26-2016 at 05:36 PM.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

So which Superman is going to be on the Justice League?

Quote Originally Posted by MeloDet View Post
    Do you mean Wonder Woman (or maybe Lois) here? Cause as much as I love Rucka I don't think I've ever heard anyone call him one of the best Superman writers before.

Anyway count me in with the prevailing opinion of the thread. If N52 Superman is killed or merged then I'm gone. It's already looking like Post-Crisis Supes is the one they are promoting and that itself is already enough to piss me off the point that I'd almost quit even if N52 Supes was still around.
    I agree. i have no desire to see Superdad. His time is done. 1986-2011 is a good run.

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    So which Superman is going to be on the Justice League?
    I'm not sure, but the fact that N52 Superman is MIA, is Superdad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MeloDet View Post
    Do you mean Wonder Woman (or maybe Lois) here? Cause as much as I love Rucka I don't think I've ever heard anyone call him one of the best Superman writers before.

Anyway count me in with the prevailing opinion of the thread. If N52 Superman is killed or merged then I'm gone. It's already looking like Post-Crisis Supes is the one they are promoting and that itself is already enough to piss me off the point that I'd almost quit even if N52 Supes was still around.
    talking rucka on wonder woman

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    looks like the same costume, with coloring mistakes
    Pretty much this. There's also the fact this cover has been released and is drawn by Patrick Gleason, the artist for Superman (which many think will start N52 Superman), and the cover features Pre-Flashpoint Superman.

Last edited by MeloDet; 03-26-2016 at 05:42 PM.

N52 Superman is being left in the dark. I hope he doesnt die.

Keeping pre-Flashpoint Superman around is the stupidest idea DC has had in a while.

My only hope is that it tanks as bad as I think it has the potential to, such that it lasts only an arc before they have to nuke the whole thing and retire that out-of-place and out-of-date guy for good. Even then though I don't know if there will be much reason for me to come back until this regime is over. I'm tired of, instead of anticipating new issues, to instead be constantly resting my hopes that the next bad idea ends quickly. I'm a sucker for Superman but even I'm not that much of a sucker.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-26-2016 at 05:59 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

I definitely don't think he can live, or at least exist in the same universe at Superdad.

Superdad is taking a lot of shit for know real reason.

I still say combination. Remember that cover that had 52 Supes flying beside a glass building, and his reflection was Superdad?

I think this was the first hint...

Superman-50-300x453.jpg

He's only taking shit because he doesn't belong and only a very small minority want him back in the saddle. They're pandering to a character whose post-Convergence book was a bigger flop than Truth.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I dont think they are going to combine. It would be awful.