Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    I agree. It's very JHWIII-esque.
    This is true. And I approve. (^_^)b
    Gods, how this makes me wish Mikel Janin would do at the very least the majority of the art in King's initial trilogy on the book instead of just the middle arc...
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.

Not a fan of Batman's ears being a huge taser but okay.
    "The phoney (sic) Electoral College made a laughing stock out of our nation. The loser one (sic)! He lost the popular vote by a lot and won the election. We should have a revoluion in this country!" -Donald J. Trump on the 2012 presidential election

BANNED

is david finch like the dc version of Greg Land now or something? a lot of fans have mixed opinions about him and yet DC Keeps putting him on books while ignoring artists that could use the boost

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    is david finch like the dc version of Greg Land now or something? a lot of fans have mixed opinions about him and yet DC Keeps putting him on books while ignoring artists that could use the boost
    I'd say he's more like the DC version of Steve McNiven. An artist whose best work is praiseworthy, but also an artist known to struggle with meeting deadlines and maintaining consistency.

BANNED

At least Greg Land didn't screw over a series by demanding his inexperienced spouse be made the writer in exchange for his artwork, like Finch did to Wonder Woman. I like Finch's art but that was really unprofessional.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

It's like naming a character Germany Iraq Or New York Or Even Canada
    If you read his Vision or Omega Men you know that he has a very specific purpose for everything he does. While I agree that on its surface it seems strange, or dumb if you prefer, if his past work is any indication then by the end of the story you will think it is really clever

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    At least Greg Land didn't screw over a series by demanding his inexperienced spouse be made the writer in exchange for his artwork, like Finch did to Wonder Woman. I like Finch's art but that was really unprofessional.
    Totally agree. Although accused of sexism for saying it, I railed against DC handing over one of its iconic properties to someone who had 1 co-writing credit to her name (she co-wrote one of those weird, sexualized Oz books) because of nepotism. Others said DC must have really seen something in her writing, which proved to surely not be true

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    And we know he did this for sure?

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    He has to be Batman's partner because that's the status quo,no one here wants him to appear in Batman all the time or even once a year. But Batman has a sidekick,he has a son,he has a ward,he has more than one of them,so what exactly is Duke's purpose? this entire discussion could be avoided if they call Duke Lark or something or just come out clean over what they intend to do with him that makes him so different and needed. It's the same problem with Harper,they've been showing up for years now and there is no real
    clarity,just a bunch of cliches repeated over and over. That ultimately is my problem,I'm not paying to read the same story again and again,I need a reason to stay and read Duke,I need to be told what new elements he'll introduce to the mythos or any new ground he'll help Batman cover. He's starred in his own ongoing and in Snyder's Batman,at this point I should know what his deal is.
    Well said!

ie I don't want Duke to replace my favorite character
    I'll never understand this mentality
    I remember when Stephanie became Robin you saw the exact same type of logic permeating the fandom where eventually she had to be killed off in the most offensive manner possible and then denied the right to even be called Robin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    ie I don't want Duke to replace my favorite character
    I'll never understand this mentality
    I remember when Stephanie became Robin you saw the exact same type of logic permeating the fandom where eventually she had to be killed off in the most offensive manner possible and then denied the right to even be called Robin.
    I agree. I think there's a higher chance of Duke being retired or killed off than becoming a popular character. I'll give Duke a chance, but I'm going to take the Game of Thrones approach and try not to get too attached to him! Or Harper Row. Or Jon Kent. Or the new Green Lanterns or Flash supporting characters. We could be building up to Red Wedding: DCU edition!

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    And we know he did this for sure?
    Can you think of any other reason she was writing one of the trinity?

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

I'm thinking Duke's code name is going to be 'Lark'.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    Can you think of any other reason she was writing one of the trinity?
    Because we saw it done before with Static Shock-the veteran writer chased off and replaced by a guy with ZERO writing experience.

Since hate for the chracter overtook what was a WRONG-why wouldn't it happen again. And despite that sales didn't tank on WW.

But Batman has a sidekick,he has a son,he has a ward,he has more than one of them,so what exactly is Duke's purpose?
    I have a feeling that is your Robin in the next Batman film and maybe Justice League.

So to get enough material in trades beforehand-put him in a top selling book.

And eventually Duke around sets up JOKER vs Duke (AKA Death in the Family 3) in the future.

All-New Member

After Vision and Sherieff TomK has earned my trust can't wait!! Also Duke sets up an interesting Sidekick dynamic because he is an inner city black child(you can use this to do stories like BM 41 which was amazing) who thinks robin can exist without Batman. We've established what makes him different from the other sidekicks now we just need to endear him to the populace which I trust King and Snyder can do.