Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member cheesebiggins's Avatar

Default Rebirth- Batman by Tom King

Personally I'm super stoked by this decision. King has massively impressed me on everything he's done so far, and he's got a great art team to back him up. Excellent choice DC!

Does anyone know who the costumed duo on the front cover are though? I asked in another thread but nobody seemed to know.
    DarkKnightRebirth-1d1ad.jpg

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

No one I've talked to has any idea. They are either new or a completely new take on some old characters

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Looks like some new characters, but yeah, this is exciting. I was watching a interview Scott Snyder had about all star batman and he mentioned duke thomas and damian wayne play a big part in this book with damian reacting to bruce training duke or something. Should make for some good family drama.

It was likely mentioned in other threads, but... how long are people expecting Finch to stay on this before we get third artist?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    It was likely mentioned in other threads, but... how long are people expecting Finch to stay on this before we get third artist?
    I say 2 arcs?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

at least one arc. They described this book as having artists for a full arc instead of switching every week

Well, he's not trying to write or co-write, which should make him quicker.

It will be interesting to see how well the writers who are giving their artists alternating arcs manage the handoff, and whether the thought that went into the art pairings considered speed as part of the equation. I'm thinking we might get a lot more two and three-parters out of double-shipping so it'll be interesting to see what that does to the current writing-for-the-trade philosophy.

King should be fine though - he's had a lot of practice doing done-in-ones and short arcs in Grayson.

Astonishing Member

Maybe 3 issues. Will guess JRJR as an incoming -- he's fast, and the Snyder arcs appear to be shorter ones

I do think Finch is great when he's on his game, but when he's rushing... I mean, come on, Batman's fist is way bigger than his head on that cover! I'm very much excited for King and Janin though, mostly because I have no clue what so ever as to how King's sensibilities will translate into a spearheading Batman-title.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Astonishing Member

Six issues then a full Janin takeover, with Stephen Mooney on fill-in?
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    I do think Finch is great when he's on his game, but when he's rushing... I mean, come on, Batman's fist is way bigger than his head on that cover! I'm very much excited for King and Janin though, mostly because I have no clue what so ever as to how King's sensibilities will translate into a spearheading Batman-title.
    I'd be cool with him bringing back in and fleshing out the "Cycles of Violence" biker gang from Grayson. They seemed like fun and his Bruce seemed like he was having fun tackling them and gabbing with Dick at the same time.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Hopefully ASAP.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I'm really excited about this and all of the other Bat books. I couldn't be happier.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I am so excited for this run because King LOVES to do research as to all the pictures he posts on twitter. This Batman may be one of the most detailed and connected Batman runs, I think Snyder played to his own beat a little and Morrison kind of created weird situations for character and a lot of the people he brought in just ended up as Golden/Silver Age reunions save for his new creations that influenced Spyral and the rise in popularity of Damian Wayne. I do wonder who these two new characters are here and how Duke plays in the fold and this new age Robin I expect a compelling story that we get twice a month for 2.99 instead on monthly and ranging from 3.99 to 5.99. I also love the Design Finch has for the Bat suit, while Greg designed the suit his more cartoon like style was not as good as the suit they used during their impressive run.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    I do think Finch is great when he's on his game, but when he's rushing... I mean, come on, Batman's fist is way bigger than his head on that cover!
    Yeah, noticed that too.

I wonder if he was trying for some fish eye perspective effect here. Otherwise...clean it up on Photoshop before sending in for inks, man.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 03-27-2016 at 03:14 PM.