Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Incredible Member cheesebiggins's Avatar

Default Rebirth- Batman by Tom King

Personally I'm super stoked by this decision. King has massively impressed me on everything he's done so far, and he's got a great art team to back him up. Excellent choice DC!

Does anyone know who the costumed duo on the front cover are though? I asked in another thread but nobody seemed to know.
    DarkKnightRebirth-1d1ad.jpg

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

No one I've talked to has any idea. They are either new or a completely new take on some old characters

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Looks like some new characters, but yeah, this is exciting. I was watching a interview Scott Snyder had about all star batman and he mentioned duke thomas and damian wayne play a big part in this book with damian reacting to bruce training duke or something. Should make for some good family drama.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Looks like some new characters, but yeah, this is exciting. I was watching a interview Scott Snyder had about all star batman and he mentioned duke thomas and damian wayne play a big part in this book with damian reacting to bruce training duke or something. Should make for some good family drama.
    The Duke and Damian relationship is explored here or in ASB? guess it makes sense since King wrote Robin War,can you provide the link.

Probably my most anticipated Rebirth book, Snyder's run was awesome but I'm looking forward to King bringing a fresh new voice to Bruce. I'm even more interested to seeing how he writes some of the traditional Bat villains.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    The Duke and Damian relationship is explored here or in ASB? guess it makes sense since King wrote Robin War,can you provide the link.
    Probably not All-Star Batman given Snyder's aversion to Damian.

I like King, but I'm not a big fan of Finch, so I'm a little disappointed.

I'd be fine taking a break from Snyder, but he's got Sean Murphy (a fav), so All Star may be my bat-flagship...

It was likely mentioned in other threads, but... how long are people expecting Finch to stay on this before we get third artist?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    It was likely mentioned in other threads, but... how long are people expecting Finch to stay on this before we get third artist?
    I say 2 arcs?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

at least one arc. They described this book as having artists for a full arc instead of switching every week

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    at least one arc. They described this book as having artists for a full arc instead of switching every week
    which is great since I'd feel rotating between Finch and Janin every issue may be too jarring, given the different styles.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

Well, he's not trying to write or co-write, which should make him quicker.

It will be interesting to see how well the writers who are giving their artists alternating arcs manage the handoff, and whether the thought that went into the art pairings considered speed as part of the equation. I'm thinking we might get a lot more two and three-parters out of double-shipping so it'll be interesting to see what that does to the current writing-for-the-trade philosophy.

King should be fine though - he's had a lot of practice doing done-in-ones and short arcs in Grayson.

Astonishing Member

Maybe 3 issues. Will guess JRJR as an incoming -- he's fast, and the Snyder arcs appear to be shorter ones

I do think Finch is great when he's on his game, but when he's rushing... I mean, come on, Batman's fist is way bigger than his head on that cover! I'm very much excited for King and Janin though, mostly because I have no clue what so ever as to how King's sensibilities will translate into a spearheading Batman-title.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    I do think Finch is great when he's on his game, but when he's rushing... I mean, come on, Batman's fist is way bigger than his head on that cover! I'm very much excited for King and Janin though, mostly because I have no clue what so ever as to how King's sensibilities will translate into a spearheading Batman-title.
    I'd be cool with him bringing back in and fleshing out the "Cycles of Violence" biker gang from Grayson. They seemed like fun and his Bruce seemed like he was having fun tackling them and gabbing with Dick at the same time.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com