Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I know gotham academy is continuing, but who is on creative?

dUstin Ngyeun? (Sp)

I would like the book to start to move towards more crime solving

And im mad bermejo isnt part of anything, both writing or art. Maybe he will do some backups in Allstar, since duke will feature in that, hopefully we see his robin friends too.

BANNED

[QUOTE=DragonPiece;1895128]I wonder if Harper Row is going to die in Batman and Robin Eternal's finale? Weird that she wouldn't be included in any of this.

We'll never get that lucky.

y

You know trying to keep count I've just realized that perhaps Batman is going a little overboard with the number of teenaged sidekicks/wards. At this point minus Harper he has eight teenage heroes who either have their own series(Dick, Jason, Damian, and Barbra) or are in one of Batman's new series (Duke Thomas in Batman and Tim, Cass, Steph in Detective Comics). I like all of them but it's starting to be a bit much when you think about it.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    You know trying to keep count I've just realized that perhaps Batman is going a little overboard with the number of teenaged sidekicks/wards. At this point minus Harper he has eight teenage heroes who either have their own series(Dick, Jason, Damian, and Barbra) or are in one of Batman's new series (Duke Thomas in Batman and Tim, Cass, Steph in Detective Comics). I like all of them but it's starting to be a bit much when you think about it.
    There has been some debate about the scale of the Bat family for years now, and the utility of all of them given the limited amount of pages every month. It doesn't seem to be a problem that is resolving itself anytime soon, with the trash canning of Morrison's Batman Inc concept, that was a passable work around for a sprawling cast of characters and the continued introduction of new sidekicks (Duke, Harper, et al.) and reintroduction of older characters (Steph, Cass, Helena, JPV). We quickly find ourselves at something of a bottleneck that just results in dissatisfied fans squabbling about panel and page counts, showings and writer's treatment of fan favourites. Eternal seemed to be an attempted remedy, but the nature of the product led to frustrating quality and consistency issues and ultimately mediocre narratives that essentially just served as a platform to showcase a new family member instead of a platform for the family to coexist together in something approaching balance.
    One can only hope King limits himself in regards to the introduction of new characters to villains, background players, etc. and not to another teen aged tag along.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Dick and Jason aren`t teenagers thought. You might think it`s semantics but them having their own agenda outside Gotham and identities makes them more viable as allies. Which is a bit different in terms of handling the characters.

The ones who are still learning under Bruce or a Bat related member are supposely Tim, Damian, Cass, Duke and Spoiler. Vaguely speaking I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Dick and Jason aren`t teenagers thought. You might think it`s semantics but them having their own agenda outside Gotham and identities makes them more viable as allies. Which is a bit different in terms of handling the characters.

The ones who are still learning under Bruce or a Bat related member are supposely Tim, Damian, Cass, Duke and Spoiler. Vaguely speaking I guess.
    That is true, I just counted them as members of the prominent bat family in Rebirth era books and they do have a constant appearance within the Batman books themselves especially during events.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.