Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    At least until Civil War.
    I think that even X-men: Apocalypse is going get more money than this.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    These threads are always interesting to me. Marvel fans seem to take such glee in the poor reviews for BvS and any perceived problem with the DCEU. Meanwhile, most DC fans I know have watched and enjoyed all of the Marvel films and hope they do well for the industry as a whole. Comics is strange in that the most iconic and widely known characters by the general public are at the #2 company. DC is a sleeping giant that has been run by morons for the last 50 years. I guess for Marvel fans it is just a fear of being overtaken at the top, but there is room for two vibrant, successful comics companies
    That is the sad thing. You know who was routing for this movie to be a hit more than anyone besides probably the suits at WB? Marvel and Fox. They know just like most thinking people that anytime a superhero movie does well it helps them all. It is just the mouth breathing moron fanboys that are caught up in this Marvel vs. Dc thing at this point.

You can like movies by more than one company people! The people at Marvel could give two shits that some idiot online is saying there movies are better.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HouseFrost View Post
    It is so disheartening to have such a blatantly brainless movie make so much money....
    At Easter, there is a saying in church. "It's Friday, but Sunday is coming."

It's March, but April (and Capt America) is coming
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    I think that even X-men: Apocalypse is going get more money than this.
    Oh come on. Please. This is why marvel fanboys get a bad rap.

Meaningless record. To me, at least.

The only thing I care about is if I enjoyed the movie. I enjoyed Batman v Superman quite a bit.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Oh come on. Please. This is why marvel fanboys get a bad rap.
    What ?, did i said something bad ?.

Astonishing Member

No movie in the history of movies has ever opened this big at this time of year. Its the biggest pre summer movie opening in the history of movies yet somehow people will spin this as a negative. No one predicted 425 million. NO ONE.

Astonishing Member

In what universe is x men going to make more than this. How? When has x men ever done anything like this?

BANNED

With the way this is going Civil War, which will face more competition, will struggle to match this. X-Men would need to transcend every Fox film ever.

So yeah it is rather a ridiculous statement

I thought it was a bad movie, and for me it is not a Marvel vs DC thing. I absolutely loathed Age of Ultron. Meh. The movie got more things wrong than it got right.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    These threads are always interesting to me. Marvel fans seem to take such glee in the poor reviews for BvS and any perceived problem with the DCEU. Meanwhile, most DC fans I know have watched and enjoyed all of the Marvel films and hope they do well for the industry as a whole. Comics is strange in that the most iconic and widely known characters by the general public are at the #2 company. DC is a sleeping giant that has been run by morons for the last 50 years. I guess for Marvel fans it is just a fear of being overtaken at the top, but there is room for two vibrant, successful comics companies
    I dont really see it as a sleeping giant. I mean it has like 7 shows on tv. Has 3 animated movies a year come out. Plus the whole darknight movie thing. I dont really see it as sleeping at all.

Amazing Member

Did I see a different film? I don't understand much of the criticism. I enjoyed Batman v Superman. I'm going to see it again soon with a friend who has also seen it.
    I also enjoyed most of the modern Marvel, DC and Transformer movies and the older Superman and Batman movies. The older Marvel movies were too low budget to do the characters justice.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    No movie in the history of movies has ever opened this big at this time of year. Its the biggest pre summer movie opening in the history of movies yet somehow people will spin this as a negative. No one predicted 425 million. NO ONE.
    Very good point! It makes it even better!
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    With the way this is going Civil War, which will face more competition, will struggle to match this. X-Men would need to transcend every Fox film ever.

So yeah it is rather a ridiculous statement
    Yea I mean this is what drives people crazy. X men is going to come out after deadpool bvs and cap. Its in the heart of the movie season and no x men movie has done close to bvs numbers. Yet people come on and say this. It is ridiculous.

Ultimate Member

I don't know if Civil War will open more than BvS but Civil War was tracking higher than BvS.

It's extremely possible that Civil War opens up higher but $170m opening weekend isn't easy to achieve.

Only Iron Man 3, Avengers and Age of Ultron (superhero movies) have opened higher.