Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Critic-Proof "Batman v Superman" Has Record Weekend, Making $170.1M in U.S. and $424.1M Worldwide

"Batman v Superman" made $424M worldwide this weekend, with $170M of that coming from the United States.

Full article here.

Mighty Member

Wow, that's impressive! Congrats, DC!

A DC film now has bragging rights as the #1 worldwide superhero movie opening of all time.

As a DC fan, I could not be happier.

I've seen the movie 3 times already and am going back a 4th time this afternoon.

Go DC!

Amazing Member

It is so disheartening to have such a blatantly brainless movie make so much money....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HouseFrost View Post
    It is so disheartening to have such a blatantly brainless movie make so much money....
    Then you must have found Iron Man 3 to be terribly depressing.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Fantastic Member

Deadline is also reporting that the repeat viewings were higher than WB expected. This movie is going to be in the black and has a great shot at 1b

Amazing Member

I did, but at least that had humour to hide it's wafer thin plot. BvS is just dull.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blackest Knight View Post
    A DC film now has bragging rights as the #1 worldwide superhero movie opening of all time.

As a DC fan, I could not be happier.

I've seen the movie 3 times already and am going back a 4th time this afternoon.

Go DC!
    As a DC fan this means that I pretty much don't have anything to look forward to in the DCEU since MOS and BvS were both craptastic. I'll be selling my comics, any takers?

BANNED

I say that everytime an Avengers film comes out

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Rock View Post
    As a DC fan this means that I pretty much don't have anything to look forward to in the DCEU since MOS and BvS were both craptastic. I'll be selling my comics, any takers?
    Which ones and how much

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    I say that everytime an Avengers film comes out
    The difference is, Marvel movies use humour to hide their plot, so people leave the theater laughing and feeling like they had a good time. I left the BvS theatre feeling like the Transformers movies just got a moody paint job, which is worse. Snyder uses absolutely nothing but CGI to cover the fact that his plots are not as important as he thinks they are. This movie had the depth of skyscraper.
    Last edited by HouseFrost; 03-27-2016 at 12:51 PM. Reason: spelling error

Amazing Member

And just to reiterate my point; Winter Soldier had a more complex plot, so the humour was toned down, as it wasn't needed

BANNED

The difference is, Marvel movies use humour to hide their plot, so people leave the theater laughing and feeling like they had a good time. I left the BvS theatre feeling like the Transformers movies just got a moody paint job, which is worse. Snyder uses absolutely nothing but CGI to cover the fact that his plots are not as important as he thinks they are. This movie had the depth of skyscraper.
    So Snyder uses pretty images and Marvel uses middle school jokes. They both are the same thing. At least DC tries not to be the same formula

It seems to be a trend of late. Abrams, Bay, Snyder...