Default Secret Wars 3- Why no trade?

Marvel reprinted the first two secret wars to promote secret wars 4 but why didn't we get a trade of secret wars 3?

Fantastic Four #313-319 and Fantastic Four Annual #21 was secret wars 3 and had fantastic four, Dr doom, Inhumans, Comet Man, Silver Surfer and others.

Neat thing is the annual was also a evolutionary war crossover also! (two stories at once!) Think marvel will ever reprint this story? Note Fantastic Four 351 was a follow up to secret wars 3 and would be a great end to the book.

From another site--

Fantastic Member

If the powers that be at Marvel are like me, then we skipped that era of FF and are completely unaware it took place. Interesting.

I love the new fantastic Four (spikey Thing) era. Some great stories and the thing was a fun leader.

Loved kangs shocked reaction to how strong the thing was now. Shame marvel forced crystal off the team. (why did they want her off the team?)
    Last edited by Gaastra; 03-28-2016 at 07:52 AM.

These issues are more likely to end up in an epic collection before anything else. It'd be V18. I'm shocked, actually, that they didn't release it under the Secret Wars 3 title for the synergy.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

A portion of this (#316-319) was collected alongside Secret Wars II in its Omnibus, but not in its trade paperback. Those issues were also covered in SECRET WARS II VOL. 4 PREMIERE HC inside of the MARVEL SUPER HEROES SECRET WARS: BATTLEWORLD BOX SET.

So, they certainly acknowledge that the story is a part of the history of Secret Wars, but they treat it more like an epilogue to Secret Wars II than a standalone story.

Fantastic Four Annual 21 is in the Evolutionary War omnibus and collects that A-story in full, but none of the lead-up issues. Also, I'd have to check my copy to see if it contains the additional Crystal B-story, as the only Bs in the book were usually the High Evolutionary backups.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Fantastic Four Annual 21 is in the Evolutionary War omnibus and collects that A-story in full, but none of the lead-up issues. Also, I'd have to check my copy to see if it contains the additional Crystal B-story, as the only Bs in the book were usually the High Evolutionary backups.
    Yes the annual has a crystal back-up story. It's ties right into the next months issue of fantastic four. (meaning if you missed it as a kid you would be confused on why crystal was gone!) Not sure if it's in the omnibus but it's the aftermath to that story so it would be dumb for them to not have it.

Funny thing is crystal was going to stay with the fantastic four at the end of the story but marvel wanted her out of the book and they rewrote the storys ending to her leaving!

That's why there are only three fantastic four members for the next 10 issues because crystal was part of the story but was wrote out!

Why did marvel hate crystal so much in the 80s anyway?
    Last edited by Gaastra; 04-02-2016 at 05:09 AM.

It's getting a trade paperback! Part of the epic collection. Shocked this wasn't released with secret wars 4. It's missing #351 (a follow up to the story) but It also has the hulk vs thing 80s graphic novel and the mr fixit vs thing crossover issues!

https://www.amazon.com/Fantastic-Fou...15XDNF13BSDKYG

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    It's getting a trade paperback! Part of the epic collection. Shocked this wasn't released with secret wars 4. It's missing #351 (a follow up to the story) but It also has the hulk vs thing 80s graphic novel and the mr fixit vs thing crossover issues!

https://www.amazon.com/Fantastic-Fou...15XDNF13BSDKYG
    Why are you shocked? The Epic collections are chronological, not story-based.