Default Justice League Film and future of DCEU (Batman vs Superman Spoilers inside)

So by this point we all know BvS is the introduction to the Justice League, and the rest of the DCEU.
    The thing I'm worried about is how they go forward with this, and who the main villain will be in the Justice League film.
    By this point we all know that they are hinting at Darkseid, as we can tell from the images that were shown in the film.
    But is Darkseid too big of a threat for the Justice League to fight as their first foe, or is he just right?
    It can be something along of line of of the Justice League book that started the New 52 where Darkseid is their first villain, and the reason why the join together, but they don't really beat him, but are only able to push him back for now.

Or do you think he should be built up as a greater threat?

Also, my friend and I were discussing the film, and he came up with the idea that maybe during the nightmare dream sequence, that wasn't a real Superman or maybe a Bizarro clone along the lines of Earth 2.
    Or Maybe the Flash that came to talk to Batman was one from a different Universe where Darkseid turned Superman, and he came to warn them of the threat.

It would be interesting to see Darkseid like how he is in the comics, where he can traverse different universes, and interact with them as he pleases.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

BANNED

I would enjoy The film opening up with the JLA fighting the Royal Flush Gang.

Quote Originally Posted by kivatt View Post
    So by this point we all know BvS is the introduction to the Justice League, and the rest of the DCEU.
    The thing I'm worried about is how they go forward with this, and who the main villain will be in the Justice League film.
    By this point we all know that they are hinting at Darkseid, as we can tell from the images that were shown in the film.
    But is Darkseid too big of a threat for the Justice League to fight as their first foe, or is he just right?
    It can be something along of line of of the Justice League book that started the New 52 where Darkseid is their first villain, and the reason why the join together, but they don't really beat him, but are only able to push him back for now.

Or do you think he should be built up as a greater threat?

Also, my friend and I were discussing the film, and he came up with the idea that maybe during the nightmare dream sequence, that wasn't a real Superman or maybe a Bizarro clone along the lines of Earth 2.
    Or Maybe the Flash that came to talk to Batman was one from a different Universe where Darkseid turned Superman, and he came to warn them of the threat.

It would be interesting to see Darkseid like how he is in the comics, where he can traverse different universes, and interact with them as he pleases.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
    That sounds ideal

Fantastic Member

It's easy to make the gods of Apokolips more epic and mythological by tying them into the stories and settings DCEU already have, like it was Glorious Godfrey that manipulated people into hating Superman, and it was disguised Desaad that tortured Jason Todd, not the real Joker. It would be a good excuse to reduce the grimness of DCEU once Darkseid is defeated.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I'd rather build a pantheon of villains than have one big baddie. Darkseid is cool and all but plainly & one-dimensionally evil; what we haven't seen yet in a Superhero film is a true Hero team vs. Villain team battle. It's been either a team up to beat some big monster, and/or a team-up to beat up a bunch of cannon fodder like a beat-em-up video game. I'd love to see them all fight and switch dance partners mid-combat, mixing and matching power sets and abilities. I'd like to see Lex still involved, and it would be cool to see him evolve into the Lex we know him as.

Astonishing Member

Darkseid is definitely the Big Bad of the first Justice League film.

After that, I'm not sure how the universe will develop. Is Justice League Part Two just a sequel to JL or is it literally a two-part story (ala Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows parts 1 and 2)?

Also, I read sometime back about Flash and Aquaman spinning out of JL1? What does that mean exactly? Does this mean those two movies will be set literally during or between the events of one or both of the JL movies? Will it be just about dealing with the aftermath of JL1? Because IMO that would be awful unfair on both characters, who deserve to have their self-contained outings expanding on their individual mythos rather than just bolstering the by then well-established DCU.

Personally, I'd like to see the DCEU develop in this manner come 2017-

Wonder Woman: Prequel film dealing with her origin story in WW1. But there should be a coda at the end showing her with Batman starting to recruit the Justice League (maybe have Flash, Aquaman or Cyborg appear as well).

Justice League Part 1: Batman, WW, Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg form the League initially to fight the first hordes of Darkseid's army. And mid-way through the film (at latest) Superman miraculously returns to lead the battle. Ideally, the film should end with Darkseid defeated (and also, the Flash's time travel sequence in BvS should be explained).

The Flash: Obviously won't be an origin story per se (though it would naturally appear in flashback). This should be a straightforward movie about the Flash taking on some villain. I'm actually quiet keen on a Gorilla Grodd story (the full scale of which is unlikely to ever be realized on the TV show) provided they can make it plausibly fit into this universe's tone.

Aquaman: Again a solo movie which should delve into the origin story and mythos. I actually think this film could deal with Aquaman uncovering his Atlantean heritage and taking over as king by the end, setting up a conflict with his half-brother Orm, leading into...

Justice League Part 2: An adaptation of 'Throne of Atlantis'. Would be great for the League to fight a non-alien threat for once. Also, a Green Lantern could show up at the end to lend a helping hand.

Cyborg: Honestly not sure what this film would be about. I guess the recent Cyborg series' have good material though.

Green Lantern Corps: This should be an ensemble film, Guardians of the Galaxy-style, and primarily set in outer space. Maybe someone like the Manhunters or Krona could be the major villain. Or maybe even the likes of Mongul. It should serve as the origin story to at least one GL who would be the POV character. The way I would work it is to have John Stewart be the POV character. He's a Marine who's inducted into the GL Corps, which includes Kilowog, Katma Tui, Tomar Re and Sinestro among others and their mission will also include another Earth GL, Hal Jordan. This could also serve as an origin story for Sinestro.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    I'd rather build a pantheon of villains than have one big baddie. Darkseid is cool and all but plainly & one-dimensionally evil; what we haven't seen yet in a Superhero film is a true Hero team vs. Villain team battle. It's been either a team up to beat some big monster, and/or a team-up to beat up a bunch of cannon fodder like a beat-em-up video game. I'd love to see them all fight and switch dance partners mid-combat, mixing and matching power sets and abilities. I'd like to see Lex still involved, and it would be cool to see him evolve into the Lex we know him as.
    They are already introducing 3 new major characters who will spin off into their own movies (Aquaman, Cyborg and Flash) not to mention more universe building characters like Jim Gordon and Mera. I just don't think you can bring in a whole new team of villains too, especially without a tide of negativity and cries of "too much, too soon".

I do agree though they need to bring Luthor back as much as I was kinda "meh" on him, but they have committed to this version of Lex and we need to see him grow as a character.

Rumours before were about Brainiac being the villain in part 1 and part 2 pulling heavily from Darkseid War. I know in BvS we got a big tease for Darkseid but some of the Lexcorp advertising before BvS release hinted at Brainiac, think he may end up being the villain (along with Lex) but we will get a more direct Darkseid tease and he will show up in part 2.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Ideally I'd prefer Darkseid to appear right at the end of JL1 and be the main villain for JL2... I doubt that will happen though and also I wonder if DC are conscious about the fact there are similarities to both Darkseid and Thanos and therefore want to get Darkseid out before Marvel do with Thanos.
    I think they need to sort out the return of Superman as early as possible in JL1, no real point in dragging it out as everyone heard the heartbeat and seen the soil move so we all know he's alive... I'm very curious to see how they explain it though and if Clark Kent also returns.
    The WW movie will also hopefully lead into the JL one as well as covering her origin.

The Smallville tv had adapted Legends and maybe the JL movie can do a better job of adapting Legends featuring villains glorious godfrey and amazing grace. I also like the Final Crisis idea of the evil gods in disguise on earth. Would like to see Superman vs kalibak, batman vs kanto, wonder woman vs granny goodness and the female furies, flash vs black racer, green lantern vs mantis, aquaman vs deep six, cyborg vs doctor bedlam. I have fond memories of the old flash gordon movie which had lots of hawkmen. I would enjoy seeing a last minute rescue by the thanagarians vs parademons.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Adam View Post
    They are already introducing 3 new major characters who will spin off into their own movies (Aquaman, Cyborg and Flash) not to mention more universe building characters like Jim Gordon and Mera. I just don't think you can bring in a whole new team of villains too, especially without a tide of negativity and cries of "too much, too soon".

I do agree though they need to bring Luthor back as much as I was kinda "meh" on him, but they have committed to this version of Lex and we need to see him grow as a character.

Rumours before were about Brainiac being the villain in part 1 and part 2 pulling heavily from Darkseid War. I know in BvS we got a big tease for Darkseid but some of the Lexcorp advertising before BvS release hinted at Brainiac, think he may end up being the villain (along with Lex) but we will get a more direct Darkseid tease and he will show up in part 2.
    I don't exactly know how they'd execute it. But if you establish a villain per every solo movie, you get quite the cast.

Lex and Joker need no introduction. Black Manta, Reverse Flash or Gorilla Grodd or Captain Cold, and maybe Deathstroke (for Cyborg) can all be introduced in the solo movies. Maybe even Black Adam. There's also a possibility of introducing Braniac in the Superman sequel, or a new Batman villain.

That would be a memorable line-up. Maybe they could do it later with the GL movies established and add Sinestro, once audiences have had more time to catch up. But if they did it first it would be something different to what Marvel is doing, and they could even team up to fight Darkseid as they sometimes do since they wouldn't have a planet to steal from/conquer themselves.

I just think the concept is cool if they use it somehow. Big satanic baddie is boring in comparison. We've never seen it before on screen and it's a classic DC theme.

After Darkseid, I would like to see a JL and earth 2 team up against Mobius and the Crime Syndicate.