Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

I don't know if i like Daredevil.... A guy who i consider a big brother made me read Daredevil...i followed Daredevil because of his pressure for a long time because the guy is very close friend but even the long following didn't make me like DD... i don't dislike him or anything too... but Batman is another case... he's my favorite character among all the comic book characters.
    Last edited by Batarang; 03-28-2016 at 08:48 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Didn't Miller mostlly expanded what was already part of Batman.

What did Batman copy from DD?
    Miller's Dark Knight run came after his iconic Daredevil. Dark Knight could be said to be heavily influenced by the Daredevil...in fact I'll be bold and just say that DC wanted done to Batman what Miller did to Daredevil. Which made the Dark Knight concept very boring and unoriginal to me. I did love the movies though.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    Daredevil has had better comics over the last decade or so.

Batman has way better villains, better supporting cast, better spin-off comics.

Spider-Man and Luke Cage isn't Daredevil's supporting cast....come on

That's like saying Superman and Cyborg is Batman's supporting cast.
    You know it in your heart to be true.

Everyone is Batman's supporting cast.

Lmao.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Didn't Miller mostlly expanded what was already part of Batman.

What did Batman copy from DD?
    Read Miller's DD run, or read stuff about it, realize that that DD run came before Miller redefined Batman, and there you go.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Read Miller's DD run, or read stuff about it, realize that that DD run came before Miller redefined Batman, and there you go.
    You said it, and nice and simple. DC was apparently so enamored of Miller's DD run they wanted to apply it to Batman. Being that Batman is the overwhelmingly (undeservedly) more popular character than Daredevil, people know about that and not about the originality and creative brilliance of the Daredevil.

F&^% Batman. Boring whine-ass. Sorry, but I'm sick to death of that fool, and I'm angry as hell that what was supposed to be Man of Steel 2 turned into yet aNOTHER crappy Batman film.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Daredevil is a great character. I even paid for a Matt Murdock comic book first before one with Bats. Still, Batman has been my favorite for 42 years and counting and I doubt anything will ever change that.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Daredevil is a great character. I even paid for a Matt Murdock comic book first before one with Bats. Still, Batman has been my favorite for 42 years and counting and I doubt anything will ever change that.
    Nothing wrong with that! You are quite the knowledgeable comics fan.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    My first encounter with Daredevil came in a late 1970s issue of MARVEL-TWO-IN-ONE in which he teamed up with the Thing. It would be years before I got what the actual DD character was about, but I was dazzled by his billy clubs...there was just something about that weapon that I found so cool back in the day (maybe because it was something that five-year old me could easily imitate with my Tinkertoy sticks or wooden dowels lying about the house).

My first issue of DAREDEVIL proper, by sheer coincidence, was also Frank Miller's first issue...featuring a villain called the Deathstalker.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    My first issue of DAREDEVIL proper, by sheer coincidence, was also Frank Miller's first issue...featuring a villain called the Deathstalker.

I LOVE that issue! But I was into Daredevil during the Gene Colan era, Colan was one of my favorites at the time (my favorite comic back in the 70s was Tomb of Dracula).

Gents, let's try not to insult each other. Final warning.

Which Batman? Which Daredevil?

In recent years, I've read a lot more Daredevil comics than Batman comics. And I think Daredevil's power set makes a lot more sense than Batman's. And I prefer Daredevil's origin to Batman's...indeed I think the Daredevil origin story is the best in mainstream comics.

But having said that I still love the Batman of the Bob Haney/ Jim Aparo wonder years...back then he was "merely" the world's best detective, and an affable, humble guy, never afraid to ask his friends for help. And although I've liked various versions of Daredevil, I've never loved any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    My first encounter with Daredevil came in a late 1970s issue of MARVEL-TWO-IN-ONE in which he teamed up with the Thing. It would be years before I got what the actual DD character was about, but I was dazzled by his billy clubs...there was just something about that weapon that I found so cool back in the day (maybe because it was something that five-year old me could easily imitate with my Tinkertoy sticks or wooden dowels lying about the house).

My first Daredevil comic (Daredevil #137) was from the summer of 1976 and the villain he fought was the Jester. Like you, I thought the billy clubs were cool, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Götterdämmerung View Post
    Nothing wrong with that! You are quite the knowledgeable comics fan.
    Heh. I think it's called being old more than being knowledgeable.

BANNED

Daredevil has had some great stories (but I've only read the Waid run) an interesting backstory and power, and his Netflix series is a more faithful adaptation of a superhero than any of the Batman films (but I still prefer the 90s Batman cartoon). But Batman just has an extensive, rich, and iconic history that Daredevil will never have. More iconic stories, supporting characters, and just more of an endearing badass overall.

If Batman can beat out Superman in pretty much every popularity contest, he can easily beat out Daredevil.

Batman by landslide for me.
    I actually really like the aspect of the Batfamily and that is something that Daredevil doesn't really have.
    "This is me being reasonable"