Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Chew, #42

"CHICKEN TENDERS," Part Two
    No animals were hurt during the making of this comic.

Full article here.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

That last page! :0 Can't wait to read it!

Chew is one of those series that I know is such high quality that I don't even bother with the previews, I'd rather just read the whole thing fresh when it comes out. I was highly disappointed in the Revival tie-in which I thought was really underwhelming, so I am looking forward to getting back to the core series and plotlines.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

Great issue, Chew has hit such a groove over the past 10-15 issues that it feels like Layman and Guillory bring it effortlessly every month. I really like how they are bringing the full band together (Colby, Caesar, Savoy, Olive) as the series moves toward what should be an explosive finale. Layman has done a superb job gradually building things up over the course of the series so this all feels organic as opposed to forced. The demented Chew sense of humor is present as always and every Guillory page is just a delight. He is definitely one of the most underrated artists in comics.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman