Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default DC's DiDio & Lee Explain Exactly How Rebirth Differs From The New 52

DC Comics Co-Publishers Dan DiDio and Jim Lee address the new "Batman" team, double-shipping, the return of Christopher Priest and more.

Full article here.

Fantastic Member

On how "Rebirth" compares to DC's New 52 reboot:

Jim Lee: Someone asked, "Is this as ambitious as the New 52?" I think Dan had a great point which is it's more ambitious because with the New 52 we needed a break, we needed to move these characters forward. This time around we're really focusing on story and character and making sure that we're still sticking with the New 52, but making sure that we haven't jettisoned things from the past that we might have thrown out with the bathwater initially.
    Nice way of saying that they've chickened out, and slowly bringing back the old continuity.

With Pre-Flashpoint Superman hijacking the Superman Universe, I'll drop down all of the Superman titles.

Cowards.

Yawn.

It's the same "creative" people at the top doing the same stuff they've been doing for a decade or more.
    Anyone expecting any innovation are drinking kook aid. And DCs sales numbers reflect it. They drive everyone away.
    "You can talk your way out of almost anything." - Fortune Cookie Proverb

T. Foolery's unwieldy, yet not entirely unimpressive, collection of funny books.

I think it's funny where the interviewer is saying there's was a great deal of positive reaction to this - it's been much more of a mixed bag.
    Visit The Blog of Oa for Green Lantern News, Reviews, Podcasts and more

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrumsey View Post
    I think it's funny where the interviewer is saying there's was a great deal of positive reaction to this - it's been much more of a mixed bag.
    Head over to the Superman forum to see the large majority of the posters saying they'll drop everything Superman related. (me included)

The ONLY good news here is Rucka on Wonder Woman. The rest either downgrade, or spectacular fail (the Superman line)

Quote Originally Posted by GodofBoredom View Post
    Head over to the Superman forum to see the large majority of the posters saying they'll drop everything Superman related. (me included)

The ONLY good news here is Rucka on Wonder Woman. The rest either downgrade, or spectacular fail (the Superman line)
    funny, I'm thinking about picking up more Superman titles besides Lois and Clark now. Costume alone makes it worth checking out.
    I have no beef with Vegans

Yeah, I can't speak to the final product yet but I love the Tomasi/Gleason creative team and I'm very excited about their work on Superman. Ditto to Tom King on Batman, though I am a bit more lukewarm about David Finch's art.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I don't think the responses clarified much at all. Guess we'll just have to wait until it's rolled out to see.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by mrumsey View Post
    Maybe on here (though I think the initial reaction to everything in the initial thread was pretty positive) but maybe they're going with the reaction at the actual panel (I didn't watch the live stream)?

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

WOW..How much is Disney paying u guys to c'mon on here everyday and hate on DC? Lol not one single book is out and you guys have already passed judgment on this new initiative! If you guys are making alot of money then hey good job and more power (& $$$ to you) but on the other the hand if you're just a bunch of marvel zombies....wow...just wow...
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe on here (though I think the initial reaction to everything in the initial thread was pretty positive) but maybe they're going with the reaction at the actual panel (I didn't watch the live stream)?
    The life stream was actually painful to watch, there were only a handful of times the fans got really excited. What I have seen so far was mostly positive but there is in fact negativity with the decision. GL and the Super Line has the most mixed reactions as far as I know.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Thrasher View Post
    WOW..How much is Disney paying u guys to c'mon on here everyday and hate on DC? Lol not one single book is out and you guys have already passed judgment on this new initiative! If you guys are making alot of money then hey good job and more power (& $$$ to you) but on the other the hand if you're just a bunch of marvel zombies....wow...just wow...
    It gets so old. How many times have some people dropped every book in the DC line. At least once a month

BANNED

'Just wow' most of us were here to hear the same promises from the same people when they launched the New 52 and DCYou.

Superior Spider-fan Agent Scarlet's Avatar

The same could be said for you, swaping WB for Disney. This kind of reaction happens to both The Big 2.

If it looks like a reboot and it sounds like a reboot, calling it #Rebirth doesn't change anything. #EpicFail