Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYCER View Post
    If it looks like a reboot and it sounds like a reboot, calling it #Rebirth doesn't change anything. #EpicFail
    Yep.

They'll get a sales bump for a couple of months, then they'll be right back to chasing Marvel.

What's the definition of insanity again?

Oh, yeah. Doing the same thing over and over again(no matter how differently they dress it) and expecting different results.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Too much caught up in real world problems atm. Give me good writing and I'll buy the product/character. Not a huge fan of continuity anyway

a reboot by any other name is not a reboot! lol.

If they've learned anything from New52 it's that they can do anything they really want and in about four years the people who hated the changes will be replaced by those who embrace them.
    So anyone who's resistant to Rebirth changes will just be replaced by readers who come in and have no pre-Rebirth experience.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

All-New Member

If they wonder why readers have walked away its because Didio and Lee aren't putting good writers on popular characters.

Previously D.C. had Morrison, Johns, Azzarello, Lemire, Soule and Robinson among others writing monthlies, from the Rebirth roster the only titles I am somewhat interested in are the Batman ones by Snyder and King.

Why they have persisted with the writer roster they have is beyond me. Jurgens, Tomasi and Venditti do not excite me in the slightest.

DC is crying out for a regime change.

It has less of a 90s feel, I'll give them that. And props to them for keeping some of the DCYou talent, thats just a start though.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

New 52 haters will not appreciate any games with trying to stick with it too much. DC should remember that.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I like a lot of what I've read/seen in the last couple of days. It sounds like DC is finally getting it's act together and solidifying it's foundation instead of throwing random new things at the wall to see what sticks. I liked the Pre-Flashpoint stuff, some of the New 52 stuff but not much of the DCYou stuff so I'm excited to see Rebirth taking the best of all of this and fusing it into a nice little package moving forward. The Rebirth costumes alone are a step in the right direction for the most part. I'm planning on picking up roughly double the amount of DC books that I'm buying now(and no that doesn't really count the books shipping twice monthly).
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

The main criticism I've had with it so far is that what they've said hasn't really meshed with what they've shown. They talked a lot about history, legacy and something missing from new 52 but I'm really not sure what they went on to reveal embodied at. All I'm really happy about is Batman, Nightwing and Wonder Woman but you really shouldn't need a relaunch in order to put good talent on books, that should be the aim anyway.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Austin316 View Post
    The main criticism I've had with it so far is that what they've said hasn't really meshed with what they've shown. They talked a lot about history, legacy and something missing from new 52 but I'm really not sure what they went on to reveal embodied at. All I'm really happy about is Batman, Nightwing and Wonder Woman but you really shouldn't need a relaunch in order to put good talent on books, that should be the aim anyway.

When they talk about the history/legacy aspect, I think they're referring to things like putting the original Titans and Justice Society back into continuity.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mundungus View Post
    Yeah, I can't speak to the final product yet but I love the Tomasi/Gleason creative team and I'm very excited about their work on Superman. Ditto to Tom King on Batman, though I am a bit more lukewarm about David Finch's art.
    I'm picking up the Superman title just for the art alone. I've been waiting for him to do Superman.

I'm getting Super-Man because of Lex, and his "Over 9000!" levels of swag, atop dat throne.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

The Rebirth books seem like they will be overall enjoyable to me so I am looking forward to reading them. Though i'm sure like anything else the quality will vary depending on the title. But hey, something to look forward to this June.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    If they've learned anything from New52 it's that they can do anything they really want and in about four years the people who hated the changes will be replaced by those who embrace them.
    So anyone who's resistant to Rebirth changes will just be replaced by readers who come in and have no pre-Rebirth experience.
    only on didio and lee dreams

I'm actually excited to read DC again.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Fantastic Member

Hey DC: good luck with Rebirth! I'll be buying a lot of titles to give you another chance. If you want to learn a lesson from the past several years, please realize that long story arcs that take nearly a year to complete are extremely difficult to deal with and they make it very easy for readers to leave the title. Focus on shorter, higher-energy stories instead. I think readers want to see more characters, more villains, a larger snapshot of the DCU. When it takes 8 months to complete one story, this isn't happening and the stories get boring.