Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default DC Comics' Rebirth Arrives in June 2016 Solicitations

DC Comics has released the much anticipated solicitations for its first wave of Rebirth titles and event miniseries.

Full article here.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

So I more or less dropped DC because the New 52 wasn't doing it for me. I am cautiously optimistic about this relaunch.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

All-New Member

There seems to be 3 books missinq from the sollicitations: regular issues of Batman/Superman and Superman/Wonder Woman plus the Batman/Superman Annual. They are listed in the Diamond order form and they were also on that June promotionnal page DC released last week.

God I hate DCs release schedule for collected editions. I've been waiting ages for any news on a Multiversity TPB and figured it would either be solicited this or last month since the HC was released in Nov but no sign of it.

Titans Rebirth
    Scooby Apocalypse
    Future Quest
    Wacky Raceland
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Mighty Member

It's kind of a shame how now that the Superman titles seem untangled, Pak isn't writing anymore. I'll give the Superman book a shot. I'm interested about him and the new Super boy. I'll also try out Flash for the first time since Manapul.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by royd_9 View Post
    There seems to be 3 books missinq from the sollicitations: regular issues of Batman/Superman and Superman/Wonder Woman plus the Batman/Superman Annual. They are listed in the Diamond order form and they were also on that June promotionnal page DC released last week.
    probably requiem issues for new 52 superman

Incredible Member

This will be the first time I read DC books monthly. I have been a hardcover waiter on Snyder's Batman and Azzarello's Wonder Woman, in large part because one book a month is too slow for my liking. I am excited for a faster pace with these books.

Batman
    Detective Comics
    Wonder Woman

Will also be getting Nightwing when it comes out. Reserving judgment on other Bat-books for now.

Mighty Member

OK, so after Rebirth the New 52 version of Superman is no more. Superman is Clark Kent from Dan Jurgen's Lois and Clark? Does that mean that the New 52 Lois Lane is also gone?

I'm sooo confused. Can someone clear this up for me? Thanks!
    Last edited by solletaire; 03-28-2016 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by solletaire View Post
    OK, so after Rebirth the New 52 version of Superman is no more. Superman is Clark Kent from Dan Jurgen's Lois and Clark? Does that mean that the New 52 Lois Lane is also gone?

I'm fairly certain this will be explained somewhere in the 80 pages of the DC Rebirth special. Thankfully it to is only 2.99 and not 9.99 or something crazy.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by solletaire View Post

Looks like both Lois still have a role because one is in her normal daily planet outfit on the cover of action comics and one is super woman.

I really hope Booster Gold is a big part of the Rebirth.

DC Rebirth 1
    Batman Rebirth 1 and Batman 1
    Tec 934 and 935

Maybe...

Green Arrow Rebirth 1 and Green Arrow 1 - currently reading but may drop?
    Last edited by chachi; 03-28-2016 at 04:12 PM.

Getting
    -DC Universe: Rebirth #1
    -Detective Comics #934 & 935:
    Spoiler and Tim Drake back together again! Most looked forward to Rebirth book.
    -Wonder Woman: Rebirth #1 and #1: Rucka's back so as am I.
    -Future Quest #2
    -Justice League #51 and 52

May Get/Try At Some Point

When Tomasi is good, he's darn good. When he's bad, it's real bad. So I'm unsure on Superman right now.

In that same vein, I've also enjoyed the Lois and Clark series, but not sure it has enough legs to justify it continuing into Action Comics.

I'd also be tempted to jump back onto Flash now that there's a new creative team, but I'm still very much a "vote with your wallet" guy and I'm not touching it as long as NuWally exists in it.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaidswrath View Post
    I really hope Booster Gold is a big part of the Rebirth.
    That would be swell, but I doubt it. I think he probably would have had his own series coming out of it if that was the case. Not to mention it's been a while since we last saw him. Although you never know, Geoff Johns did say he liked the character

I think he's more likely to appear in Blue Beetle every now and then, however.