Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    Superman: Rebirth/#1 (if he has blue boots then no)
    This seems incredibly picky.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

I'll definitely be getting:

DC Universe: Rebirth
    Wonder Woman: Rebirth
    Wonder Woman 1
    Green Lanterns: Rebirth
    Green Lanterns 1
    Green Lantern Corps: Edge of Oblivion

I'm thinking about picking up Action Comics, too, but I'm kinda on-the-fence about it. That's about it, though.

Though it doesn't ship this month, I am a bit disappointed Venditti is still on Green Lantern. His work hasn't been bad: it just doesn't seem to be going anywhere lately, and I was hoping for a creative shakeup. Oh well.

I'll mourn the loss of Sinestro, as well.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Cute that the new JL cover featuring Robin even has the main Superman's face blacked out. Way to shove it in our faces.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Seriously people just won't accept that Wally is gone.
    I've never read a flash comic with Wally but In my opinion Barry Allan is a pretty dynamic character. Just curious what all the fuss about Wally west is.

Quote Originally Posted by zsizzle View Post
    I've never read a flash comic with Wally but In my opinion Barry Allan is a pretty dynamic character. Just curious what all the fuss about Wally west is.
    There were some pretty amazing Wally Flash runs. If you've never read a Wally Flash comic but enjoy Flash in general, give them a shot.

As for wanting him back? An entire generation grew up on him as Flash. Heck, an entire group of fans got into comics with the Justice League cartoon, which he was on.

I've never seen someone way "I want Wally back to replace Barry." Just "I want Wally back." Never at the expense of Barry.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Getting when they come out:

DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH #1
    SUPERMAN: REBIRTH #1
    SUPERMAN #1
    ACTION COMICS #957
    ACTION COMICS #958
    THE FLASH: REBIRTH #1
    WONDER WOMAN: REBIRTH #1
    WONDER WOMAN #1
    TITANS: REBIRTH #1
    FUTURE QUEST #2
    JUSTICE LEAGUE #51
    JUSTICE LEAGUE #52
    DOCTOR FATE #13
    BATMAN BEYOND #13
    THE LEGEND OF WONDER WOMAN #7
    ASTRO CITY #36

Getting most likely later:

HARLEY’S LITTLE BLACK BOOK #4
    DC COMICS BOMBSHELLS #14
    AQUAMAN: REBIRTH #1
    AQUAMAN #1
    GREEN ARROW: REBIRTH #1
    GREEN ARROW #1
    EARTH 2: SOCIETY #13
    SWAMP THING #6
    SUPERMAN: THE COMING OF THE SUPERMEN #5
    GRAYSON ANNUAL #3
    HARLEY QUINN #29
    HARLEY QUINN AND HER GANG OF HARLEYS #4
    GREEN LANTERN CORPS: EDGE OF OBLIVION #6

All-New Member

Is Geoff Johns writing anything after the Rebirth special?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Openminds View Post
    Is Geoff Johns writing anything after the Rebirth special?
    No, but I hope he continues to give input on scripts.

He is co-writing either the "Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps: Rebirth" or the "Green Lanterns: Rebirth" but I forget which.

He might be on something later, too, just nothing in the first wave.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    No, but I hope he continues to give input on scripts.

He is co-writing either the "Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps: Rebirth" or the "Green Lanterns: Rebirth" but I forget which.
    The Green Lanterns one because he was working with Humphries.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by icantstandthisindecision View Post
    I would personally much rather he be creative in chief (something similar to what Jim Shooter did for Marvel and Valiant). I think it would add such a cohesiveness in the line if he talked to all of the writers each month and bounced ideas with them. Such as, oh Writer A you are using a governmental agency there, have you thought about using ARGUS and Steve Trevor? Stuff like that. And hell, maybe he could write a book and do that anyway, but given his familiarity with the characters and history of DC I think it would be a great role for him

Spectacular Member

Is Humphries any good? I kinda dig Power Ring and Simon Baz but Im not really interested in suffering through a JV squad creative team.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    I would personally much rather he be creative in chief (something similar to what Jim Shooter did for Marvel and Valiant). I think it would add such a cohesiveness in the line if he talked to all of the writers each month and bounced ideas with them. Such as, oh Writer A you are using a governmental agency there, have you thought about using ARGUS and Steve Trevor? Stuff like that. And hell, maybe he could write a book and do that anyway, but given his familiarity with the characters and history of DC I think it would be a great role for him
    Oh, it's actually a great place for him to be, especially since Rebirth seems to have been his idea overall. The idea of a CiC is actually something that I think DC needs because all throughout the New 52, they struggled with keeping their lines cohesive and a lot of the time that confused readers that didn't really read a lot of DC at the time because they felt alienated by the cuts that were made - by the end of the New 52 going into DC You, I was reading two books, Batgirl and Grayson. It only really went up to four by the end of DC You into Rebirth and I'm picking things back up with Rebirth, and think linewide cohesiveness would help. But that said, Johns is a wonderful writer, so I think that he should write a book sometime during Rebirth (JSA, maybe? Young Justice?) while still doing something like this.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    That would be an excellent idea and I do think DC needs someone like him to oversee the writers so that the lines stay a bit more cohesive. I'm just not sure it will ever happen with Johns since he's so involved with the media side of things these days. Something there would have to change first for that to happen.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by icantstandthisindecision View Post
    I wish he was writing Aquaman again in the first wave...... see what I did there
    I have no beef with Vegans