Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    I'd be surprised if she shows up--Marvel seems to have completely forgotten she existed after her death.

Ironically, I remember an editor saying that at the time, Grim Hunt was supposed to clean up or cut down on the amount of Spider-Women. We have at least as many now if not more running around under different names.
    There is no way CB Cebulski forgot about her. He had her as a main character in his Loners mini-series and wanted to use her again. Nick Lowe brought her up in an interview regarding Spiderverse. Mattie had a small cameo in Spider-verse, appeared on the front of the Spider-Gwen #1 variation cover, and recently they reprinted Alias in response to the Jessica Jones show hype. So they do remember her, its just that at the time Quesada didn't want to remind readers too much that there was another Spider-Girl that had a brother-sister relationship with Peter and who was mentored by Jessica Drew that wasn't Anya.

And yes, Grim Hunt was Quesada's idea according to Joe Kelly in an IGN interview and it shows by the creation of other Spider-Women after his leave as editor-in-Chief. Which is pretty sexist when you think about it. Considering how many Spider-Men were around at the time(Peter, Flash, Kaine, and Ricochet). With Quesada no longer as EIO there is a possibility of Mattie showing up since she died in the same story where Madame Web was killed.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 03-30-2016 at 07:37 AM.

BANNED

Was there an editor that said that? I'm sure someone has a quote.

If it is true, then boy...does that diminish Grim Hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    He was certainly headed towards villainy throughout all of Superior. Arguably, he wasn't quite there even at the end, but he would have been there eventually. Also, it seemed that Peter's "ghost" was having an ongoing effect on his decisions. That influence would be gone in a renewed Ock in his own body.
    This is what made Superior so great. To prove he was better Ock heroics had to get darker and darker which made things worst. It was very Adrian Veidt by the end if Peter hadnt come back he would have been full on evil.
    McKenstry those with the most opinions often have the fewest facts.

Barack Obama There's not a liberal America and a conservative America - there's the United States of America.

Christopher Yost Cyclops = Awesome and Right, while Xavier = USELESS JERK-O! Viva la Cyclops!

Facts are the enemy of truth.

You gonna get us out of here. With that tight-ass Wolverine outfit on. Now, let's make it happen, *******

YOST: Okay, it's not Jean Grey. Nobody likes her

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The final arc of Mark Waid's Daredevil. Shroud was looking for her the entire time since Matt Murdock's move to San Francisco after outing himself as Daredevil at the end of Waid's last run, and when the villain of the final arc tried to use Julia as a hostage to get at Shroud, it backfired because Julia still had her original Spider-Woman/Arachne powers and gave quite a beating to the person holding her on behalf of the villain (if it wasn't the villain herself).
    Ah, thanks, I knew I hadn't seen her since before "Dying Wish", where she was doing her "sky is falling" Cassandra-esque future-telling thing before falling into a coma.

Interesting that Waid picked her up over in DD.

BANNED

Last thing I remember her doing with Spider-Man was shouting "ALL THE SPIDERS WILL DIE", because she had a vision of Spider-Verse.

With Madame Web back to life, I hope this means that Juila would get her personality and superhero identity back.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Lotus View Post
    This is what made Superior so great. To prove he was better Ock heroics had to get darker and darker which made things worst. It was very Adrian Veidt by the end if Peter hadnt come back he would have been full on evil.
    I totally agree. If Peter had not come back, we would have seen another "Ends of the Earth" scenario. At that point, probably SHIELD and the Avengers would have stepped in. Could have been really glorious and epic had things gotten that far, huh?

Marvel writers denied it up and down, but it sure seemed like SSM was cut short so they could have Peter back in the tights before ASM2 hit the streets.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 03-30-2016 at 03:41 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Does she even still have her Madame Web abilities?
    Not anymore. Because of Superior Spider-Man trying to destroy the Web of Life and Destiny in the epilogue of Spider-Verse as a means of escaping his inevitable death/defeat from Peter reclaiming his body and identity from Otto, the Spiders' abilities to perceive the future through their connection to the Web was severely damaged. For those Spiders whose ability to see the future was mostly unconsciously sensing and reacting to imminent dangers, best known as the spider-sense, that ability was greatly dulled, slowing their responses to threats. For the ones whose abilities to perceive the future through the metaphysical strands of the Web were more along the lines of outright precognition, that sense was completely removed, and that resulted in Julia Carpenter waking up truly blind, as her precognitive and clairvoyant abilities previously compensated for the blindness inflicted by adopting Cassandra Webb's powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    There is no way CB Cebulski forgot about her. He had her as a main character in his Loners mini-series and wanted to use her again. Nick Lowe brought her up in an interview regarding Spiderverse. Mattie had a small cameo in Spider-verse, appeared on the front of the Spider-Gwen #1 variation cover, and recently they reprinted Alias in response to the Jessica Jones show hype. So they do remember her, its just that at the time Quesada didn't want to remind readers too much that there was another Spider-Girl that had a brother-sister relationship with Peter and who was mentored by Jessica Drew that wasn't Anya.

And yes, Grim Hunt was Quesada's idea according to Joe Kelly in an IGN interview and it shows by the creation of other Spider-Women after his leave as editor-in-Chief. Which is pretty sexist when you think about it. Considering how many Spider-Men were around at the time(Peter, Flash, Kaine, and Ricochet). With Quesada no longer as EIO there is a possibility of Mattie showing up since she died in the same story where Madame Web was killed.
    Wow. That is indeed hideously sexist, but given that this is the same guy behind One More Day and its follow-up right after Grim Hunt, One Moment In Time, hideous sexism is probably to be expected by now.

P.S. I learned where your current icon came from. I like it. Laura Kinney/Spider-Man (Peter Parker) shipper for life! (Also, big fan of Laura/Scarlet Spiders --- Ben Reilly, Kaine, or Ultimate Jessica Drew --- and am open to Laura/Miles Morales and Laura/April Parker --- Mayday Parker's half-Venom symbiote clone from the later Spider-Girl comics.)
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Sigh... looks like everything from Superior Spider-Man's gonna be ignored so we can make Otto a generic villain again, then?
    Not necessarily. Personally I've never thought of him as ''generic'' but I do prefer him as a villain. BUT as we all know promotional images don't exactly tell us the truth 100% of the time LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Doc Ock is only a villain, now and forever. keep him that way.
    That's my preference also.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    this event could be very interesting. though, given the record of recent events i remain cautious.
    Agreed, from what I've read and seen about it, it does sound interesting but then so did ''Spider-Verse'' and I was largely disappointed with that so yeah I'm cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Please feature Mattie Franklin in this event!
    I'd be very surprised if she's even mentioned but I wouldn't complain if she appeared.