Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I wonder how soon it'll be before we see kenji in the cinematic universe?

BANNED

I personally find interesting the fact that the DC Comics is using Superman just one of the immutable and flawless icons of publisher to try to bring cultural diversity just creating a Super-Man Chinese (or "Chaoren" 超人 Which is how the name "Super- Man "is pronounced in Chinese)

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    She's taking apart the Fortress? Well, that's depressing!

This dude must get his powers from dead Clark, which is funny cause Superman isn't magical he's an alien creature. Ah well.

The Lex Luthor idea would have been a really fun read!
    Yeah, that was bugging me for some reason too. I mean Ill give it a chance and see how it's played out, but someone breaking or hacking into the fortress really rankles for some reason. And yeah! It's always funny when they do power swaps and whatnot in Superman comics since more than most characters you'd think that wouldn't work with him. After all he isn't a human being with a slightly altered genetic structure that the person could copy or something, he's a completely different species!

As for the book itself I'll say that I am interested in it (though Superlad makes it sound much more exciting than Yang does), but I think I'd actually rather have seen Yang explore the ideas he originally discussed with the actual Superman even if that necessitated it being out of continuity. I just feel like a story about being an immigrant/child of immigrants could be more powerful if the character came from a fictional culture; that way it would be more of a statement on the immigrant experience in general rather than specifically asian.

DC should hire Superlad as community manager or something like that since he manages to make a compelling case for pretty much everything.

BANNED

I am quite curious to see how will be the adventures of Kenji Kong and if he had come to join any international super team like say a new version of the Global Guardians as the official superhero, representative of the Republic of China

I really want these new Superman family titles to work, I really do. Just gotta make all these people distinct enough.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sansomon View Post
    I am quite curious to see how will be the adventures of Kenji Kong and if he had come to join any international super team like say a new version of the Global Guardians as the official superhero, representative of the Republic of China
    I am actually really curious if theyll have him interact with August-General-In-iron, that could be quite fun.

BANNED

Honestly I'm very curious to see how it should be the interaction of Kenji Kong, with other Chinese superheroes as August General in Iron and the other members of the super-team The Great Ten

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

A few concept designs, shared on Twitter, for New Superman's costume that didn't make the cut:

Kinda Red Son-esque, also reminsicent of a few other Elseworlds + Superman expies that I can't remember right now, not too big on how these concepts just replaced the S-emblem with the Chinese word for Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    A few concept designs, shared on Twitter, for New Superman's costume that didn't make the cut:

Kinda Red Son-esque, also reminsicent of a few other Elseworlds + Superman expies that I can't remember right now, not too big on how these concepts just replaced the S-emblem with the Chinese word for Superman.
    I dunno, I kinda like it.

At first I thought it was the kid's name, since when Clark put on the costume back in Morrison's run, the costume adjusted to show his family crest. I wasn't too thrilled with this New Super-Man's shield, since I figured it was just "Kong" in Chinese. Or whatever his last name is. It is Kong right?

But now that I know its Chinese for "Superman" its sorta grown on me. I mean, its gonna be a pain for the artists to render, but I like it. This kid hasn't earned the right to wear the "S" but this is still honoring the emblem and what it stands for, without putting a symbol on his chest he doesnt deserve (yet).

I havent really made up my mind on this book or character yet, but I do find something appealing about seeing "Superman" from different cultures represented in the shield. I dunno, feels a little inclusive, I guess? Not sure if Im making sense.....
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

I'm also curious to see what would be the reaction of the American Superman / Kal-El / Clark Kent his Chinese counterpart the Super-Man / Kenji Kong and if by chance he will join some future version of the Justice League or other super- team of DC Universe?

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I wonder how soon it'll be before we see kenji in the cinematic universe?
    He could be the direction they go in if cavill's contract expires and he isnt thinking about renewing. Still a long way to go tho.

I'm interested in the idea of the book, just need a few more interviews or a preview before it comes out.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/04/...birth-details/

New Kenji info. He wants fame and glory. Gotta have one of those, I guess.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Doing it for fame and glory eh, So Kenji will be the Booster Gold of Supermen, works for me. XD
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Also, looks like China is trying to make some moves with its heroes. Expected. I wonder how he'll interact with his government.

EDIT: Really like that he seems to be more of the maverick. Distinct personalities will give these guys some staying power.
    Last edited by vasir12; 04-11-2016 at 07:53 PM.