Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

New52 Superman will likely be alive with no powers (or possibly less). My guess is that he'll end up going by another superhero name when all is said an done. He'd make a great supporting cast member. A lone strong man folk hero, traveling the country, saving people in need.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    New52 Superman will likely be alive with no powers (or possibly less). My guess is that he'll end up going by another superhero name when all is said an done. He'd make a great supporting cast member. A lone strong man folk hero, traveling the country, saving people in need.
    At this point, I'd take that, but it sure doesn't seem fair- or likely. I think he's more likely to die or be subsumed into his predecessorr/replacement via convoluted hypertime tomfoolery.

Besides, with Dick as Nightwing again and some other kid as New Superman over in China, I don't think there are any handles worth calling Kal. Besides, why would he lose his powers again so soon? No, he'll probably just die.

BANNED

With all the commotion this has caused, you'd think this was going to be a permanent development.

Spectacular Member

How about he'd make a great Superman and he should in fact just be superman.

That's possible. He could end up acting like a modern Iron Munro for awhile. I didn't think of that. I'm not a 52 guy, but I don't think Iron Munro is still around.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I like the idea of zero Clark taking his powers, but they will probably go to kenji or lois.

What I'm also wondering about, haven't heard anything yet, is if pre crisis Kara and Barry are back.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ina heshima kwa Jumuia kama ka View Post
    With all the commotion this has caused, you'd think this was going to be a permanent development.
    Even if it isn't, I'm sick of getting jerked around like this. For the last year he's been running around without his powers and now they're taking him out of his own book? Screw this. Call me when you figure out what you want to do with the character, DC.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I like the idea of zero Clark taking his powers, but they will probably go to kenji or lois.

What I'm also wondering about, haven't heard anything yet, is if pre crisis Kara and Barry are back.
    Good point. I miss a lot of characters to be honest, Kara from pre crisis, Kon-El, Bart, Linda Danvers, and so on.

Spectacular Member

Permanent or not it stops in its tracks everything I liked about the character for the only version of the character i have disliked since reading superman.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

In the solicitation for Superman #52 it says N52 Lois's life will change forever. DiDio said that Superwoman comes out of the SuperLeague arc. So I'm 99% certain that Superwoman will be N52 Lois. We are also going to get a Clark Kent, but it seems pretty likely that's not pre-FP Supes and is most likely N52 Supes. So, I'm thinking N52 Superman ends up in the old Lois Lane role as Clark Kent to her Superwoman. That would be an interesting role reversal
    Last edited by AlexanderLuthor; 03-29-2016 at 04:39 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    At this point, I'd take that, but it sure doesn't seem fair- or likely. I think he's more likely to die or be subsumed into his predecessorr/replacement via convoluted hypertime tomfoolery.

Besides, with Dick as Nightwing again and some other kid as New Superman over in China, I don't think there are any handles worth calling Kal. Besides, why would he lose his powers again so soon? No, he'll probably just die.
    there isn't much need of two supermans around, even if one is depowered.

I think a merge or new 52 dying is likely

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I'm sick of getting jerked around like this.
    I think a lot of fans, regardless of which version of the character they gravitate to, are reacting this way to the constant whiplash. Reading stories by writers (and editors) who, in some sense, just don't seem to be able to make up their minds about what they want to do, is just less and less compelling. This doesn't just apply to Superman.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

BANNED

It's been a while since I've read a New 52 Superman comic (I quit when Scott Lobdell started writing) but is there anything about New 52 Supes that makes him better than the old one? Anything about his revised origin, his development, role in the DCU, that Pre-Flashpoint Superman didn't do better?
    I've only read the John Byrne and Geoff Johns Superman stories, but those stories resonated with me way more than any of the recent stuff.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Just my two cents, as a Superman fan for over 25 years...

I was a very big supporter of the 52 reboot because I felt that Superman desperately needed a "clean slate" to fix some of the issues that had developed with his history post-Crisis/pre-Flashpoint, namely Birthright and then Infinite Crisis/Secret Origin jumbling and confusing the character's continuity. However, in a span of just 5 years DC has managed to horribly mangle the quality of the character. Outside of Morrison's initial run, Pak/Kuder's initial run, and Johns' arc, I can't remember a longer string of consistently mediocre Superman stories. And I think I'm being generous with the term mediocre. I don't know if the answer is bringing back the prior version of the character, but I do think that Nuperman has pretty much been irrevocably damaged by a series of editorial mistakes, and I don't believe another version of the character will work unless DC is willing to give full creative control to someone who really gets the character (i.e. Mark Waid). At least with Superdad, I know the character fairly well and he has a rich history from which to draw. I'm not keen about the "fish out of water" story they appear to be going with but at this point, I'm willing to see what they can produce. But until they're willing to allow for strong creative freedom within the parameters of the character, then I'm not too hopeful.

Default NU52 Clark Kent found?

I know this is most likely not going to happen but I have a guess at where he will show up.

So lately I read rumors and speculation that the Nu52 Superman will be depowered and superdad will take over the main roll of Superman in this universe.

I got to thinking that it would be cool if the Nu52 Superman become a street level hero, without powers, in Metropolis. This way he could separate himself from superdad.

My thought is that it would be cool if he went to gotham and trained with his bff. Then I realized that there was a guy on the cover of Batman #1 that looks exactly like how Finch draws Nu52 Superman.

Sorry no pictures but I think that might be him. He is also wearing the old nightwing colors, and if I'm not mistaken Dick got the name NW from Superman originally. Not sure who the lady would be, but I've convinced myself that is Clark Kent.