Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fredrol View Post
    http://www.newsarama.com/28639-actio...-superman.html

According to Jurgens himself, the two supermen will be coexisting in the new Universe. So its probable and likely that the Clark Kent in Action Comics is New 52 Superman--though, I am really hoping that he's not depowered again. Its just too soon--and lazy.
    the person who wrote the article just assumed that.

I was rereading some classic issues of new52 Superman and, in this case, an issue of Action Comics, to follow a serial story that threaded it's way through both titles, and came across the perfect metaphor for Rebirth:

That's what they are doing to the last five years by killing off this universe's real Superman and replacing him with SuperDad, a Superman from another universe who hasn't experienced those five years of adventures, or anything in the life of the real Clark Kent/Superman we've been reading about in the current and future DC universe. Different guy entirely. And they want us to just accept some sort of twisted or warped version where it didn't happen, or SuperDad was there all along and something similar kind of, sort of, happened, and to gradually just act like SuperDad is this universe's original Superman.

I guess in this metaphor, DC Comics editorial is Psycho Pirate.

Bring back new52 Superman!

This is the new52 universe, and we want the new52 Clark Kent.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Poor guy, in the last year he lost his house, job, powers and secret identity. What could be worse... oh, wait...

A new day, a new guess.

Superman gets a somber but positive sendoff at the end of Super League, he either goes into the sun, the Zone, or the future.

Rebirth Special however ends revealing the big bads of the DCU: Alexander Luthor Jr., commander of the cosmos, with his faithful mother Earth-3 Superwoman by his side. The King Joffrey and Queen Cersei of the DC Multiverse. From their base, let's say, Vanishing Point, they plot and taunt their lone prisoner: the mightiest in the Multiverse, the first they had to neutralize before they could begin their plans in earnest. New 52 Superman.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    What do you think his fate is? De-powered (again)? Taking on a new identity? On hiatus while "old" Superman fills in for a while? One thing's for sure, you can't have two Supermen running around out there forever. Sooner or later, one of them has to go.
    For we know then who should go .. they can not enter the old dynamics of superman with someone who does not belong to this world.. is impossible...

As I said in another topic .. he and his family should go to Earth 2.. The lois of this world, It is no longer what it was.. and Kal-el is dead

I believed that this could end well .. I thought in the case of powergirl-supergirl in the same world.. And they are the same character .. but each has a different age.
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-02-2016 at 06:45 AM.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    For we know then who should go .. they can not enter the old dynamics of superman with someone who does not belong to this world.. is impossible...

As I said in another topic .. he and his family should go to Earth 2.. The lois of this world, It is no longer what it was.. and Kal-el is dead

I believed that this could end well .. I thought in the case of powergirl-supergirl in the same world.. And they are the same character .. but each has a different age.
    Sounds perfectly reasonable, I kind of wish for something better: New52 Superman becomes a temporary Sun God but goes back to Earth to help his friends, but revives Kal-L, and Pre52 get to go back home to find that their universe is not really destroyed, given the infinite nature of the multiverse.

Right now .. The fate of Superman seems the same as had Barry Allen and Hal Jordan.. both missing for years (25 and 11 years)..

Although I hope to see within 1 year I'm wrong, although the rebirth is during two years..

DC did not shorter TRUTH.. it was a DISASTER.. I do not have much hope here .. If superman returns in 1 year is because they had planned this...

After the July cover of AC I doubt even more of their survival as Clark Kent..
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-06-2016 at 02:54 AM.

which are methods of DC Comics about resurrection?

Lazarus Pit this could not cure his disease? Or resuscitate him after his death.

White Lanterns? I think I heard something about it..

Darkseid.. He raised Steppenwolf

although not care.. they do what they want .. even though there are easy cure.

which are methods of DC Comics about resurrection?

Lazarus Pit this could not cure his disease? Or resuscitate him after his death.

White Lanterns? I think I heard something about it..

Darkseid.. He raised Steppenwolf

although not care.. they do what they want .. even though there are easy cure.
    Lazarus Pits temporarily heal you, before the sickness or aging comes back. Plus, it might corrupt him given that the Lazarus pits are demonic in nature, but then I guess that is a job for the Superleague.

The most immediate answer is the Eradicator is somehow bringing him back, especially since the Eradicator is showing up in comics again, in spite of being trapped for a while back during the days of Lobdell.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    Lazarus Pits temporarily heal you

The most immediate answer is the Eradicator is somehow bringing him back, especially since the Eradicator is showing up in comics again, in spite of being trapped for a while back during the days of Lobdell.
    I had forgotten that .. As I know Dick Grayson tried to resurrect Bruce Wayne with the Lazarus Pit(after ¿Final crisis? does not matter)... then the bruce wayne resurrected was a clone of batman created for Darkseid... I thought it was a good choice.

People talk a lot of that Eradicator.. How can he do that?
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-06-2016 at 01:28 PM.

Its actually nothing special about the Eradicator himself, rather circumstance. During Reign he was responsible for bringing Superman back because he's the character who took Superman's from his darkness of his tomb and placed him in a regeneration matrix in the Fortress, giving him the sunlight the body needed. Now, he did this for selfish reasons. He was using the body to siphon power off for himself, because at the time he had muddled memories, was unstable, and convinced himself that HE was Superman. But nonetheless, his body being recharged like it was is what was needed to bring him back. So its more the history of what he did that is leading us to assume he'll play a role again in returning the proper Superman to life.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I had forgotten that .. As I know Dick Grayson tried to resurrect Bruce Wayne with the Lazarus Pit(after ¿Final crisis? does not matter)... then the bruce wayne resurrected was a clone of batman created for Darkseid... I thought it was a good choice.

People talk a lot of that Eradicator.. How can he do that?
    Well, to keep it simple, he brings Superman back to life because he is a master at Kryptonian biology. I will keep it simple, because in the New Reign, it might be different as to how he does it, assuming the Death is different.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    Well, to keep it simple, he brings Superman back to life because he is a master at Kryptonian biology. I will keep it simple, because in the New Reign, it might be different as to how he does it, assuming the Death is different.
    I think it appears very soon.. Kill Superman and fix that in a few months? For what? Then I see no reason to kill Superman, even though I want her back soon..

And if it was used to cure Superwoman? She is weakening a short time before facing an enemy. she needs this or this series will not last long.. as she was human is more difficult that? BAH.. Better forget it .. DC want to imitate the thor woman...

Erradicator... Help me with this problem with Superman..
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-06-2016 at 02:08 PM.

I think it appears very soon.. Kill Superman and fix that in a few months? For what? Then I see no reason to kill Superman, even though I want her back soon..

And if it was used to cure Superwoman? She is weakening a short time before facing an enemy. she needs this or this series will not last long.. as she was human is more difficult that? BAH.. Better forget it .. DC want to imitate the thor woman...

Erradicator... Help me with this problem with Superman..
    I think two Supermen, one grown up and living in California, a natural maturing for his character with a kid, and another about one living the life, beating up Darkseid for trying to wreck Metropolis, all sounds pretty good to me.

My latest idea is that Solarman is going to lose it completely and try to set off a solar flare that would kill anything in a significant radius. Superman grabs him and takes the two in the air, and once they get out of the atmosphere the flare goes off, seemingly killing them both, but not leaving any physical remains behind. The power that Solarman was wielding will then turn back into pure energy and falls back to Earth and picks Lois as a new host. The criminal is dead but Superman's simply disappeared, leaving most thinking he just disintegrated but leaving the door open for other possibilities of his fate.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-11-2016 at 05:33 PM.