Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

In Rebirth, Nu52 Superman and Lois&Clark Superman are battling the being that is trying to destroy the NU52 Universe. In the battle, L&C Superman is mortally wounded but keeps fighting until he can't anymore and falls to the ground. Nu52 seeing him fall rushes to him leaving the being to begin his mad scheme.
    Nu52: Don't die on me old man
    L&C: Shut up and stop him
    Nu52: And let you die? No.
    L&C: We all are gonna die if you don't.
    Nu52: You're stronger than I am because you're older.
    L&C: You're strong enough. Stop him.
    Nu52: No the universe needs you. And you have a son. My life has been one hell after another.
    L&C: We've all had that life.
    Suddenly Nu52 begins to glow.
    L&C: What are you doing? Stop
    And Nu52 suddenly goes up with a solar flare who's energy flows over L&C Superman healing him and restoring him. And deaging his appearance.
    L&C: Stop it you fool.
    Nu52: Raise your son and save the world. Tell Lois... I'm sorry.
    L&C grabs Nu52 and hits him across the face and the hit is so violent the armor shatters from his body sending the nu52 shield into a rift that leads to Shanghhai. Suddenly Nu52 stops glowing as he falls unconscious at L&C's feet.
    L&C shaking his head and standing up.... :What was he thinking...
    He then launches himself at the being scheming everyone's doom and starts pounding on him driving him back into the void from which he came and as he disappears in it, the void closes.
    L&C rushes back to Nu52 and demands, "What were you doing? I was ready to die!!!!!!!
    Nu52 looks up at him and asks, "Who am I?
    L&C: Damn it!

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I don't think he's dead but I do think he's going to be MIA in his own books for a while. Possibly trying to find some way to reconcile the whole "Clark Kent is Superman" thing. Having another Superman flying around out there while Kent is working at the Planet would go a long way towards fixing that. I just know I'm so sick of him losing his powers. So I really hope that isn't the case...again!

Of course I found $20 on the street today so maybe I'm just feeling optimistic.

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Yes, I think Ascended at post #12 and Lairston at post #16 are strongly on to something...food for thought, well done!

Jon

Default I figured out what happend to New 52 Superman!

Take a close look at the covers for the June solicitations! Notice any difference between the "S" for Superman and the one for Action? Superdad is in Superman, New 52 is in Action! How did we miss this?

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Take a close look at the covers for the June solicitations! Notice any difference between the "S" for Superman and the one for Action? Superdad is in Superman, New 52 is in Action! How did we miss this?
    Im just chalking this up to artistic license, actually. The differences are pretty minimal.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Im just chalking this up to artistic license, actually. The differences are pretty minimal.
    Remember when we thought the boots looked different from the initial design sketch? One had red and the other had blue? I think this is why. Because they aren't the same person.

Remember when we thought the boots looked different from the initial design sketch? One had red and the other had blue? I think this is why. Because they aren't the same person.
    You could totally be right. But right now Im guessing that the red boots were a concept design that got mixed into the slideshow at WonderCon, and the "S" shield is just different artists' take on the costume. But you could totally be right. I hope so, Ive no interest in returning to post-Crisis, so if at least one of the books featured Superman instead of Superdad, I'd happily give it a chance.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

the solicits let clear that is pre new 52 on both

Yup, he's in both. If its in the cards for New 52 Superman to be back after a hiatus, which should happen but who knows with DC's general Superman idiocy, then I could see a scenario where they actually keep the two Supermen around. I wouldn't care for it but at least the one I want to read would be in something. But that's not going to be happening right now. It'll be pre-52 Superman all the time everywhere while New 52 is off somewhere probably powerless and maybe even without his memories. Something seems to happen to him in Rebirth that takes him off the table, at least. And like I said, if DC has any sense whatsoever its just a temporary thing for storyline purposes.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

whatever happens with new 52 will happen on superleague, some books have a warning to read rebirth first but superman books doesn't have it

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    Looking again at the solicits, it's not implicit on Action that that is PF Superman....couldn't that cover #957 be featuring New 52 Lois, Jimmy ( or is he dead, I'm confused) etc?

Jon

Fantastic Member

Whatever happens (and I say this as someone that's not exactly a fan of New 52 Superman), I'm just hoping the resolution for this doesn't involve any character's death. I see a lot of clamoring for that to be the eventual end for the post-Crisis incarnations, and it just smacks of either unoriginality or vindictiveness. Return them to their own world eventually, have them retire, whatever. Do the pass-the-torch thing or set it up like the old Earth-1/Earth-2, even. There are other ways to write out characters than killing them. That's becoming a really overused trope. It was a stupid thing to do to Kal-L, and it would be stupid to do to either of these two incarnations.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    Where did you see that?

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    Looking again at the solicits, it's not implicit on Action that that is PF Superman....couldn't that cover #957 be featuring New 52 Lois, Jimmy ( or is he dead, I'm confused) etc?

Jon
    Jurgens said during the press conference that its pre-52 Superman in Action. He glossed over it quickly like it wasn't any big deal too. I found that amusing. He's definitely the star of both of Superman's books. And I imagine its safe to say he's going to be the Superman featured in any book in which he's a part of (like Justice League and Trinity).

Where did you see that?
    The official June solicits out today. New 52 Superman is concretely MIA. Where he will be come June and why is up in the air, but he is not going to be in any published book as Superman (outside of the few still-wrapping up pre-Rebirth titles). Its SuperIntruder everywhere at least for now.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-28-2016 at 06:32 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Where did you see that?
    on this forum, there is a thread called superman june solicits