Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Already posted in another thread:

Aaaand Ladies and Gentlemen, Geoff Johns about Dr Manhattan:
    “If you’re going to have a conflict between optimism and pessimism, you need to have someone who represents a cynical view of life and also has the ability to affect this," said Johns. "I know it’s crazy but he felt like the right character to use.”
    Sigh.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Following my theory

Is impossible fused, the old superdad and his woman become in 5 or 10 years(for all this of 10 years lost) younger.. for the n52 versions, no?
    The new versions must submit completely to the old, no?

If they rejuvenate, as did new 52 with the characters, I could someday give them a chance.. If they continue as before .. this is nothing worth. The nice thing about new 52 is that they were young.. is enough to please old fans with this.

Now they are 10 years older at the end of pre-flashpoint

Last edited by adrikito; 05-23-2016 at 07:06 AM.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

**Spoilers from Rebirth** **Spoilers from Rebirth** **Spoilers from Rebirth** **Spoilers from Rebirth**

Is it possible that the restoration of the pre-FP timeline is what is killing N52 Supes because he can't exist in the same timeline as pre-FP Superman so he is fading away

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    **Spoilers from Rebirth** **Spoilers from Rebirth** **Spoilers from Rebirth** **Spoilers from Rebirth**

Is it possible that the restoration of the pre-FP timeline is what is killing N52 Supes because he can't exist in the same timeline as pre-FP Superman so he is fading away
    Possible. It could also be that the things like DOOMED,TRUTH and the current storyline is a result of the timeline actively trying to kill or destroy Nuperman,because he's some sort of aberration. Think of it. Time sends Doomsday to kill Superman again because it happened prior...and it didn't work. Then time tries to undo Superman completely by taking everything away from him. His powers. His identity, even his allies and friends to some degree...and he beats that. So, now it gives him a terminal disease, and ultimately,I'm betting that is not what actually kills him and it's a sacrifice fighting Solar man that does the trick. He likely goes out on his own terms...as a hero. as Superman.

spoilers:
    Assuming he does indeed die. I'm still not completely convinced. I still think it's a fake out where the world including Superdad just assumes he's gone and he really goes ALL STAR SUPES and evolves to a higher being or perhaps even DR Manhatten just plucks him out and takes him "off the board" prior to what occurs in REBIRTH.
    end of spoilers
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post

this also explains nu Lois dying because she got his powers

MORE SPOILERS on a interview with Yomasi on newsarama. first pages of superman rebirth

WARNING SPOILERS

http://www.newsarama.com/29418-super...r-rebirth.html
    Last edited by Tayswift; 05-23-2016 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Possible. It could also be that the things like DOOMED,TRUTH and the current storyline is a result of the timeline actively trying to kill or destroy Nuperman,because he's some sort of aberration. Think of it. Time sends Doomsday to kill Superman again because it happened prior...and it didn't work. Then time tries to undo Superman completely by taking everything away from him. His powers. His identity, even his allies and friends to some degree...and he beats that. So, now it gives him a terminal disease, and ultimately,I'm betting that is not what actually kills him and it's a sacrifice fighting Solar man that does the trick. He likely goes out on his own terms...as a hero. as Superman.

spoilers:
    Assuming he does indeed die. I'm still not completely convinced. I still think it's a fake out where the world including Superdad just assumes he's gone and he really goes ALL STAR SUPES and evolves to a higher being or perhaps even DR Manhatten just plucks him out and takes him "off the board" prior to what occurs in REBIRTH.
    end of spoilers
    Rebirth is just f*cking stupid. Manhattan said he can't change human nature.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Rebirth is just f*cking stupid. Manhattan said he can't change human nature.
    Exactly, shows that the guys doing this didn't even research their Watchmen material. I mean the whole taking The Presence and making Dr. Manhattan God is just stupid in the first place. I think that DC took the kid From The Lego Movie, and replaced him with Dr. Manhattan.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    Exactly, shows that the guys doing this didn't even research their Watchmen material. I mean the whole taking The Presence and making Dr. Manhattan God is just stupid in the first place. I think that DC took the kid From The Lego Movie, and replaced him with Dr. Manhattan.
    From what I am getting Manhattan just changed the timeline. He didn't create it. I'm pretty sure he said that even he has limits.

Also Spoilers from Superdad

image.jpg
    image.jpg

Holy ****, holy **** he died the same way as spoilers:
    Ben friking Reilly
    end of spoilers

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

spoilers:
    Well, looks like Superdad does factor in the last fight after all and tries to save his "brother". His help may have made more of a difference had he not stopped to have a history talk with his son while Nuperman was getting killed half the country away. Well, at least you tried, I guess, right Superdad? Grrr.....

And if that panel is any indication,It looks like Nuperman crumbles to dust like Ben Reilly. Jesus this really is the Spider-Man clone saga redux, isn't it? Only difference is the Superman living under an assumed name is Superdad.

And didn't Nuperman already have a statue in Metropolis from when his Doomsday killed him prior? That was in ACTION #18. Or is that now no longer canon? The world and Superdad are acting like this is the first time Nuperman was killed.

Oh and Superdad must be a poster here. He's just as hopeful as some of us that Nuperman's returning. If so, even he thinks being cut and pasted in another Superman's place is stupid! LOL.
    end of spoilers
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

spoilers:
    Well, looks like Superdad does factor in the last fight after all and tries to save his "brother". His help may have made more of a difference had he not stopped to have a history talk with his son while Nuperman was getting killed half the country away. Well, at least you tried, I guess, right Superdad? Grrr.....

And if that panel is any indication,It looks like Nuperman crumbles to dust like Ben Reilly. Jesus this really is the Spider-Man clone saga redux, isn't it? Only difference is the Superman living under an assumed name is Superdad.

And didn't Nuperman already have a statue in Metropolis from when his Doomsday killed him prior? That was in ACTION #18. Or is that now no longer canon? The world and Superdad are acting like this is the first time Nuperman was killed.

Oh and Superdad must be a poster here. He's just as hopeful as some of us that Nuperman's returning. If so, even he thinks being cut and pasted in another Superman's place is stupid! LOL.
    end of spoilers
    I am even pondering how I saw that Clone Saga redux so long ago! I guess someone just broke the Fourth Wall!
    Last edited by DieHard200904; 05-23-2016 at 09:37 AM.

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    Lol that last sentence lol!!! Even he can't believe this bullshit.

Lol that last sentence lol!!! Even he can't believe this bullshit.
    I can't say I disagree with him. It's like wondering if you just had an acid trip or something.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    I can't say I disagree with him. It's like wondering if you just had an acid trip or something.
    He expects for New 52 Superman to return.

He expects for New 52 Superman to return.
    I guess I can't disagree with him. But either he is this body left behind by Mount Vesuvius or he's a crater, I can't figure out which. If DC was really trying to pull some Return from the grave sales gimmick, they are trying to pull really hard at me.