Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445 LastLast

I think the framed newspapers hanging on the wall of the Daily Planet with the "Superman Dies!" and "Superman Lives!" can be explained away in light of Rebirth fairly easily. If the new52 was really in a sense the actual post-Crisis universe with like a fresh coat of paint or a new layer of wallpaper over it, with the old universe now breaking through with lead up to Rebirth, Rebirth, and Beyond, one could say that those newspapers simply represent some of the earliest cracks. They are from the post-Crisis universe, not the new52 universe. We noticed them, because as readers, we view the panels as outside observers who perceive what is there rather than just what the characters perceive. So, we saw the newspapers that way. The characters probably didn't see them or notice them, or saw something different, because the power that had created and was trying to hold these changes together wouldn't allow them to perceive things that didn't get overwritten properly.

I don't think new52 Superman was actually killed by Doomsday, but because the pre-Crisis Superman had been, and it was such a big event for so much of Clark's world and the world as a whole, that it couldn't be totally erased. The newspapers, and any small passing references could be explained away as simply the old universe breaking through for a second and then being repressed. If a character said something about it, even directly, it could be explained that it was the old universe pressing through, and then pulsing back, having the character not only re-forget the event, but actually having the character forget what he or she just said moments before.

Ultimate Member

Am I the only one who thinks Nu52 Superman will be back?

I know that Post Crisis Superman is coming back but I somehow see Nu52 Superman making a return somewhere down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

I know that Post Crisis Superman is coming back but I somehow see Nu52 Superman making a return somewhere down the line.
    We've seen the Rebirth spoilers, it's giving off bad mojo, mon. Speculations for N52 Superman ain't bright even if he comes back.
    Hopefully the bad speculations are wrong, I hope N52 SM succeeds Pre-FP SM as the mainlining Superman as part of the Legacy thing. Jon ain't ready because he's Superboy (with an emphasis on Boy). Cause SuperDad feels he's too old for this shit (To quote Danny Glover in his action movies).

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by A Guy's Name View Post
    We've seen the Rebirth spoilers, it's giving off bad mojo, mon. Speculations for N52 Superman ain't bright even if he comes back.
    Hopefully the bad speculations are wrong, I hope N52 SM succeeds Pre-FP SM as the mainlining Superman as part of the Legacy thing. Jon ain't ready because he's Superboy (with an emphasis on Boy). Cause SuperDad feels he's too old for this shit (To quote Danny Glover in his action movies).
    You know, I want a Lethal Weapon style Superdad/Nuperman team up book now. I can see Nuperman trolling Luthor with three stooges shtick while Superdad rolls his eyes lol
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

YES.. Each new detail I knew crushed my hope... There were people here which I appreciate in his attempt to cheer me.. but finally this has exploded and ended..

Give the thanks to the Anti-new52 and DC. read this:

Tomasi: It was really just setting a table, making sure that a character we spent five years with has a great story to go out on, and that we feel for him.

And in a way, it's like I want to say, "Hey! You're going to miss this guy!" I'm kind of getting a sense of it. I think people are sorry to see him go. And for me, that's mission accomplished. That's what I wanted.

I wanted people to plug into him and feel empathy and gravitate toward him, if they haven't during the course of the "New 52," and say, "Dammit! What the hell? They're killing him off now? I'm pissed off!"

That's a good feeling to have, as a writer, to know that people will be feeling that way.

http://www.newsarama.com/29418-super...r-rebirth.html

this is the end of the interview.. nothing more.. he only encouraged to continue superman in rebirth.. HA. I hope the majority of new fans leave superman and he remain alone with his old fans and little more.. this is what they did with new 52.
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-23-2016 at 02:34 PM.

BANNED

Ok for the theory that to DC will work
    - superdad wants nuperman back,and knows he is only here because he was sent to fight during the first crisis.so he will be "willing" to sacrifice himself to bring nuperman back.the unpowered clark kent is whats left of nuperman,and when he starts to remember that he was once nuperman he knows the only way to restore nuperman is to put all the pieces back together.which means superdad and clark kent must merge to create nuperman again.it will be nuperman in every way,but now he will feel more "human" than "alien",and he will have feelings for lois (which also merges completely with the other lois,which is the only way nu lois can survive).so nu lois and clark are not together but cant deny a burning love for each other,plus they have a son to raise that is odd for everyone involved,but not enough to stop the love and commitment they feel for each other.

Fantastic Member AwesomeUsername's Avatar

The issue (and anything Supes Rebirth related) hasn't even come out yet and people are losing it over the preview and spoilers. I can only imagine what's going to happen come Wednesday . Kinda sad to see some people going after Tomasi on Twitter (already) based on said preview/spoilers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeUsername View Post
    The issue (and anything Supes Rebirth related) hasn't even come out yet and people are losing it over the preview and spoilers. I can only imagine what's going to happen come Wednesday . Kinda sad to see some people going after Tomasi on Twitter (already) based on said preview/spoilers.
    feeling so sorry for him, only that not really

Oh I don't blame Tomasi at all. He was given a job and he oversaw the job. He was told to kill off Superman, he didn't mastermind it. Going after Tomasi is misplaced. Criticisms of the direction need to be levied toward Johns, Didio, and Lee (I don't really know how much Lee had to do with things when all are said and done but he's part of the power structure). I guess maybe some fans on twitter and other social media are mad at him for giving the false hopes earlier on. But even that I have a hard time blaming him for because what are his other options? Ignore the questions entirely, or spoil the story. The latter is never an option. And its not like people wouldn't be mad at him just the same for ignoring their questions.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Back for noon feeding The Shredder's Avatar

Oh, he'll probably be receiving death threats by Wednesday (if that already hasn't happened). It's classic fanboyism at it's worst. Just ask Dan Slott, or even Dan Didio, Jim Lee, and Geoff Johns back in Sept 2011 with old school DC fans reactions to New52. The end is nigh once again!

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Shredder View Post
    Oh, he'll probably be receiving death threats by Wednesday (if that already hasn't happened). It's classic fanboyism at it's worst. Just ask Dan Slott, or even Dan Didio, Jim Lee, and Geoff Johns back in Sept 2011 with old school DC fans reactions to New52. The end is nigh once again!

Lather, rinse, repeat.
    I never got that attitude thing. Believe me, I have been upset, but that has been where I walked away and found something else to enjoy. Some people are nuts.

Spectacular Member BeefBourguignon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Shredder View Post

Lather, rinse, repeat.
    Yeah writers of Death of Superman in the 90s also got the death threats, too. Ironic.

Why are we ridiculing and dismissing people based on a strawman? In this case, a hyperbolic prediction about death threats that haven't happened? I mean, I could do that, too.

"Wow, fans of New 52 Superman are insane! Sending death threats to Geoff Johns and Dan Jurgens is outrageous!"

When people behave that badly, then you can use that to criticize them. However, concocting a bogeyman of the future to create an easier target to criticize in absence of a real one (the way fans are actually behaving) is silly and needlessly incendiary. What's worse, the comments Tomasi got on Twitter today/yesterday were primarily from female fans unhappy about how he was approaching Lois and Wonder Woman. So snarking about "fanboyism" makes you look even more out of line; you're bashing fans for comments that you don't know anything about. What's especially ironic is that the posts here seem concerned about people overreacting. Well, calling people nuts and portraying them as fanatics when you seem to have no clue about what's going on and are making up monsters (death threats) that haven't happened yet, seems like an overreaction to me.

Back for noon feeding The Shredder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    Why are we ridiculing and dismissing people based on a strawman? In this case, a hyperbolic prediction about death threats that haven't happened? I mean, I could do that, too.

"Wow, fans of New 52 Superman are insane! Sending death threats to Geoff Johns and Dan Jurgens is outrageous!"

When people behave that badly, then you can use that to criticize them.

Bingo.

That, in a nutshell, is the entire point. It's not a direct prediction of upcoming events, but merely a warranted reaction to a said pattern of behavior when it comes to a dramatic shift in creative, and not something like a baseless theory, with no documented cases of ever having transpired in the past, that's pulled out of thin air. Denying, or playing ignorant to, shall we say, overzealous fans thru the years who have proven to not be above sending Marvel/DC extremely rude letters, or post-pollute the people who work for them twitter pages/accounts due to their own sensibilities and desires not being catered to, is, and has been, very much the case in the comic book industry for years.

It's nothing new, and definitely goes well beyond, again 'well beyond', the current creative shift and all the negativity that goes with that. Which appears to be the hub of your argument. Thou shall not speak of past behavior in any manner if it hasn't transpired again, today.

Speaking of overreaction...

BANNED

So the harassment of creators has already begun, eh?

It seems only the video game fandom can outdo the comic book fandom when it comes to being terrible.