Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 354142434445
Results 661 to 674 of 674
  1. #661
    Astonishing Member Francisco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Which is the point I made here
    Lol in that thread you guys are arguing who would win between Steven Seagal and Marv from Sin City

  2. #662
    Astonishing Member Francisco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Lol,you just described superdad and how he is with his lois and jon.
    That's exactly why I'm so upset with this whole rebirth mess.

  3. #663
    Ultimate Member juan678's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    17,039

  4. #664
    Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Planet Houston
    Posts
    5,044

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    Lol in that thread you guys are arguing who would win between Steven Seagal and Marv from Sin City
    Ah sorry...fixed the link. lol
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

  5. #665
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    I don't get it? He can't protect Lois if he is dating her? What about simply Superman interacting more with his cast and just having great adventures in which he is the star? Superman isn't about fear of losing things or people. He is about helping those in need and protecting those who can't protect themselves just because he can. His stories aren't about how much he loves Lois Lane or Wonder Woman or any other female. He isn't some romantic lead in a cheap soap opera. Neither is he the star of some cheesy 80's sitcom ala full house or the Cosby Show. I want a youthful Superman. Who isn't (seriously) romantically tied to anyone because he is too busy having great adventures, saving the universe while been pursued by half the female (and some guys too) population of the galaxy.
    Bingo . They could go through a thousand Supermen but if they don't crack the equation of making his adventures seem fun and engaging again I think they're just doomed to failure.
    "That was some good ass Tekken" - Tasty Steve

  6. #666
    Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Planet Houston
    Posts
    5,044

    Default

    Just saw the spoiler pages on bleeding cool.....

    So....

    Safe to say that the whole SJW Twitter uproar over WW "stealing" Lois' place and Peter Tomasi being a sexist was just a reactionary jump to conclusions as...

    spoilers:
    Nuperman doesn't actually die in anyone's arms, and after some heartfelt goodbyes, goes up in a flash of green, leaving behind a "sand" husk of sorts. So no panel of Wonder Woman cradling a dead Superman in her arms, and Lois actually is there too at the time (and get's zapped, along with someone else who I can't make out, thus Nu Lois is confirmed as Superwoman. )

    end of spoilers

    I think those who jumped to conclusions based on heresay yesterday owe Tomasi an apology.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

  7. #667
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    15,990

    Default

    Apologize? Please, they'll find some way to still spin it that Lois is still being disrespected and it being sexist.

    Maybe Diana is stealing Lois's hairdo in that panel or something, for example.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-24-2016 at 06:18 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

    "Now why don't we step up here and everybody get stepped up, and let's get some stepped up personal space up in this place." - Phillip Jacobs

  8. #668
    Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Planet Houston
    Posts
    5,044

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Apologize? Please, they'll find some way to still spin it that Lois is still being disrespected and it being sexist.
    Sadly I think you are right. spoilers:
    "That should be Lois there telling him to 'let go'! That's a classic Clois moment!" or something similar.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 05-24-2016 at 06:22 PM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

  9. #669
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    15,990

    Default

    Or only Lois is allowed to cry at the loss of a Superman. Diana crying too is an affront to the sanctity of all other scenes in which Lois cries.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

    "Now why don't we step up here and everybody get stepped up, and let's get some stepped up personal space up in this place." - Phillip Jacobs

  10. #670
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,005

    Default

    Y'know, I dont get why every topic about Superman (any version) always ends up in some ridiculous argument about the woman he happens to be sleeping with.

    You dont see that sort of crap with Barry or Tony Stark or Bruce. You dont see that with Barbara Gordon or Carol Danvers. They get to be characters first and foremost, not props for some sad single person's shipping fantasies. It seems like with every single time with Superman and, to a lesser extent, Diana, it always turns into "Agree with me about romantic interests or you're sexist!" circus sideshow. I mean, I have literally seen discussions about Clark's favorite food devolve into shipping wars.

    And for the record, his favorite food is mustard covered pretzels. He prefers the ones sold at the corner of the Planet building by some guy who's name I dont recall.

    And his favorite Metallica album is Justice For All. Naturally.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  11. #671
    Astonishing Member misslane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,674

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    I said pursued... Not pursuing.
    Yes, that is what you said. It implies that your ideal Superman always has women chasing after him, but he chooses not to be with them because he cannot settle down or commit. He's the ultimate bachelor.

    He can't be romantically tied up because it will always get in the way of the stories.
    You say this like it is an objective truth when it is just an excuse for a lack of creativity. It's regressive nonsense. If Superman's love interests are equally adventurous and part of his adventurous lifestyle, then they are not an obstruction to his mission, curiosity, or fun. The only reason why love would limit Superman is if a writer wants that to be the story.

    There will always be someone complaining about it. So he better not have anything serious with anyone. Single guy Supes works just fine.
    This is a metatextual excuse and not a very good or convincing one. Superman cannot fall in love because of online debates?

  12. #672
    Astonishing Member Francisco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Y'know, I dont get why every topic about Superman (any version) always ends up in some ridiculous argument about the woman he happens to be sleeping with.

    You dont see that sort of crap with Barry or Tony Stark or Bruce. You dont see that with Barbara Gordon or Carol Danvers. They get to be characters first and foremost, not props for some sad single person's shipping fantasies. It seems like with every single time with Superman and, to a lesser extent, Diana, it always turns into "Agree with me about romantic interests or you're sexist!" circus sideshow. I mean, I have literally seen discussions about Clark's favorite food devolve into shipping wars.

    And for the record, his favorite food is mustard covered pretzels. He prefers the ones sold at the corner of the Planet building by some guy who's name I dont recall.

    And his favorite Metallica album is Justice For All. Naturally.
    I blame Smallville for that. Damn you Tom Welling and the producers (same guys who made that cheezy I am number 4 movie)

  13. #673
    Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Backwoods of Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Y'know, I dont get why every topic about Superman (any version) always ends up in some ridiculous argument about the woman he happens to be sleeping with.

    You dont see that sort of crap with Barry or Tony Stark or Bruce. You dont see that with Barbara Gordon or Carol Danvers. They get to be characters first and foremost, not props for some sad single person's shipping fantasies. It seems like with every single time with Superman and, to a lesser extent, Diana, it always turns into "Agree with me about romantic interests or you're sexist!" circus sideshow. I mean, I have literally seen discussions about Clark's favorite food devolve into shipping wars.

    And for the record, his favorite food is mustard covered pretzels. He prefers the ones sold at the corner of the Planet building by some guy who's name I dont recall.

    And his favorite Metallica album is Justice For All. Naturally.
    IDK, How about we all accept that if you didn't like particular version of the guy, he is erased from existence and that's that? He's dead and gone, so why fuss about what happened with him? Is there some threat to one personally from a fictional guy who's dead anyways? Isn't that enough?

  14. #674
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,028

    Default

    So after months of speculation we know that it's

    spoilers:
    dust. Hot dust.
    end of spoilers

    ...right. Well I guess that takes care of that.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •