Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

That's a definite possibility. I can't say it excites me (because it doesn't). I see that as DC demoting the character, which I don't feel he deserves, and promoting the retro version (and I don't think that decision is justified or logical either)

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Editorial destroyed Superdad years ago and now it destroyed Nu Superman.
    And presumably the same editor remains...

He ought to be put in charge of Looney Tunes and that's it because I don't think he could mess that series up.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Default So, let's assume "new" Superman isn't dead...

What do you think his fate is? De-powered (again)? Taking on a new identity? On hiatus while "old" Superman fills in for a while? One thing's for sure, you can't have two Supermen running around out there forever. Sooner or later, one of them has to go.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    What do you think his fate is? De-powered (again)? Taking on a new identity? On hiatus while "old" Superman fills in for a while? One thing's for sure, you can't have two Supermen running around out there forever. Sooner or later, one of them has to go.
    I think that they will bring him back. They might just be having the old one fill in for nostalgia purposes and trying to figure out what to do with the new one. Personally, I think the best thing a character can get is some roadblocks set up, because challenges mean more stories to write. Starts off unemployed, lost memory, maybe found he had some reincarnation of GA Supes (explanation of his personality) etc. The big thing for the New Superman is that he needs to have something where he has a continuity and plenty of challenges to overcome, and that needs to be maintained, or else you end up with a Superman who had pretty much run the gauntlet with his foes (Pre 52) and you bore people into another reboot. His endgame shouldn't be predictable, or advanced close to. Plus, keep his solo stuff, Crossovers should be their own miniseries, and each title should run its own stories. I don't know if editorial will ever take a hint though.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    They might just be having the old one fill in for nostalgia purposes and trying to figure out what to do with the new one.
    This makes the most sense, IMO. Give him a bit of a time out while they re-assess where to go with him might not be the worst idea, all things considered. If this is the case then I'm willing to cut them some slack. But taking him out of the books altogether just puts people in panic mode. But they're still going to need to do something with "Superdad" in the long run. Not sure how that will pan out. I also don't hate Superdad, I'm currently reading his book, but I don't want him taking over the mainstream spot either. That's just too convoluted for no reason.

Fantastic Member

Maybe this happens to him....

Quote Originally Posted by GodofBoredom View Post
    Goddamn, I hope you're right.

My most hopeful prediction:

He appears to 'die'. As a consequence of him dying, the whole world thinks "Clark Kent is dead" (thus the question in the solicit on who is the new Clark Kent). Pre-Flashpoint Superman takes the spotlight, taking advantage of the fact that Clark Kent died, and poses as the real, ordinary joe "Clark Kent" that actually existed all along, but the 'deceased' Superman had taken the identity of. Nobody would suspect that the new Superman would also pose as the real Clark Kent, when the previous Superman already did.

What follows is a "Reign of Superman" - pre-Flashpoint Superman, Lex Luthor, Chinese Superman, Superwoman etc.

In the end, something happens - Darkseid, or whatnot - and New 52 Superman appears at the end - pre-Flashpoint Superman dies, and passes on the mantle (something which we didn't have after Flashpoint), after they both vanquish the enemy.

This would mirror E2 (Golden Age) Superman passing on the mantle to post-COIE Superman in Infinite Crisis, and just as emotional.

New 52 Superman takes Jon Kent (Superman's son) under his wing, having a brother-more-than-father relationship that Bruce/Dick have in Batman, and we follow their evolution, and New 52 Superman living up to what Pre-Flashpoint Superman hoped he would be.

The story continues..

My most dire prediction:

The first part of the above, only with New 52 Superman actually dying, and pre-Flashpoint Superman taking his place permanently.

That would be a nightmare.
    I also hold out hope that this--horrific as it is--is only some storyarc. The idea of Superman as the last son of an alternate Krypton is just sillier and more ridiculous than anything pre-Crisis Superman ever went through in the 50's, 60's, and 70's.

I'm a major Kal El fan and I'm just stunned that this is seriously the new direction.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

New 52 Superman becomes Mr. Majestic and rebuilds his fortress in Mount Rushmore. He secretly aids the government, and keeps his whereabouts secret from Wonder Woman and Batman alike. He'll return after a year (or two), with a new team of super powered heroes known as The Authority. He'll then build a regime, take over the world, and ultimately get taken out by PF/New Superman, Lex, and Superwoman after beating PF Superman to a pulp.
    But taking notice of a coming threat that only Majestic can neutralize. Clark Kent, missing all of what made him Superman, risks his life once more for the greater good of mankind. As Majestic begins to die. Lex, Lois and Kanji take notice of the "goodness" left in his heart, even with his "powers" and heroic "characteristics" stripped from him.
    Concluding there is only one way for him to be saved, and the world needs a Superman. A Superior Superman at that, as there is only room for one true "Superman." Seeing him without his (former) power, and left with the faint sign of "goodness" in his heart that came with it. They come to the conclusion they were never fit to be Supermen and Woman. So Superwoman, Lex Luthor, and "New" Superman return his powers to him. Allowing him to once again become The Superman. He marries Wonder Woman, mentors Superboy (Jon) and Clark White retires. The end.

Then there's another reboot. Remember, you read it here first guys.
    Last edited by RedvFury; 03-31-2016 at 03:07 PM.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedvFury View Post
    New 52 Superman becomes Mr. Majestic and rebuilds his fortress in Mount Rushmore. He secretly aids the government, and keeps his whereabouts secret from Wonder Woman and Batman alike. He'll return after a year (or two), with a new team of super powered heroes known as The Authority. He'll then build a regime, take over the world, and ultimately get taken out by PF/New Superman, Lex, and Superwoman after beating PF Superman to a pulp.
    But taking notice of a coming threat that only Majestic can neutralize. Clark Kent, missing all of what made him Superman, risks his life once more for the greater good of mankind. As Majestic begins to die. Lex, Lois and Kanji take notice of the "goodness" left in his heart, even with his "powers" and heroic "characteristics" stripped from him.
    Concluding there is only one way for him to be saved, and the world needs a Superman. A Superior Superman at that, as there is only room for one true "Superman." Seeing him without his (former) power, and left with the faint sign of "goodness" in his heart that came with it. They come to the conclusion they were never fit to be Superman and Woman. So Superwoman, Lex Luthor, and "New" Superman return his powers to him. Allowing him to once again become The Superman. He marries Wonder Woman, mentors Superboy (Jon) and Clark White retires. The end.

Then there's another reboot. Remember, you read it here first guys.
    If you made a fanfic of this idea, or somebody built this off your idea, I would totally read it. Why? Because it's so random that I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    if he's not dead, I'm going to go with not only depowered but also amnesiac, stuck in the middle of nowhere. Superdad gets his "Clone Saga-like" storyline till Superman returns, and Superdad goes the way of Ben Reilly.

That's what should happen. What will, I have no idea. Whatever it is though I have no trust it will be done well.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    if he's not dead, I'm going to go with not only depowered but also amnesiac, stuck in the middle of nowhere. Superdad gets his "Clone Saga-like" storyline till Superman returns, and Superdad goes the way of Ben Reilly.
    My hope is, long term, that we get Jon White, Superboy, and Clark Kent, Superman with Clark White happily retired somewhere or maybe anchoring the JSA with Dr Fate and Hawkman.

All-New Member

http://www.newsarama.com/28639-actio...-superman.html

According to Jurgens himself, the two supermen will be coexisting in the new Universe. So its probable and likely that the Clark Kent in Action Comics is New 52 Superman--though, I am really hoping that he's not depowered again. Its just too soon--and lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    If you made a fanfic of this idea, or somebody built this off your idea, I would totally read it. Why? Because it's so random that I like it.
    Thank you. Thank you. I personally would like it too if DC went with this. I think it would've been a good arc/elseworld that could please all fans. Wildstorm, New52, and PF alike.

Someone's made the point of saying however that if you read Jurgens' actual words, he never clarifies New 52 Superman as the Clark Kent of this story. Its just the article's writer that says so. So it seems that this is just an assumption still, unless Jurgens did clarify it and that part didn't see print, I dunno.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

All-New Member

It should also be noted that New 52 Superman is no longer called Clark Kent, but Kal-El.
    Last edited by fredrol; 03-31-2016 at 07:49 PM.