Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I think Garth can teleport.
    But where's he going to teleport to when the entire arena is a flaming death trap.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Erza, whom Natsu is pretty much on par with, bullet times in a chapter that takes place before the series proper, casually deflecting multiple shots with her sword.
    Joke character extraordinaire Taurus swats out of the air shotgun blasts with his axe. Freaking Taurus.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

As a side note, this thread has once again reminded me of how goddamn cool Ikaruga was.

I mean just look at her:

Such a cool design which was wasted.

I want my recurring badass sword wielding villain to be a nemesis to Erza. T_T

I will never be over this.

Early on in the series Natsu was able to do stuff like dodge rpgs at close range after they are fired, cross a room and kick rpgs out of the air, jump headfirst through a steel-plated floor to catch a throwing knife between his teeth, and use falling debris like stepping stones.

By now, after numerous all-purpose power-ups that have him flat out blitzing people who blitz people who blitz people, I'm betting Natsu AOEs the entire battlefield before Garth can do a thing.

ALSO: from what I could tell, both scans of Garth showed his hand outstretched toward his target (more clearly in the first). If he has to actually "aim" his power, it's all the more delay that's going to get him smoked. Frankly, even without a speed advantage, I don't like his odds of messing with the temperature of a guy who evaporates a lake just by getting close.
    Last edited by Morning; 03-30-2016 at 05:38 PM.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    As a side note, this thread has once again reminded me of how goddamn cool Ikaruga was.

I mean just look at her:

Such a cool design which was wasted.

I want my recurring badass sword wielding villain to be a nemesis to Erza. T_T

I will never be over this.
    why do you remind me of better days, nik?

BANNED

Ok, Natsu's speed.

He and his compatriots are all able to use stuff that flying through the air like plattforms. For example, when fighting Zancrow a bunch of large trees were wrecked and giant logs were flying all around the two and Natsu used said logs to zip around the area to get into a good position to attack Zancrow.

Erza, whom Natsu is pretty much on par with, bullet times in a chapter that takes place before the series proper, casually deflecting multiple shots with her sword.

Sting is able to catch arrows flying towards him without even looking. Natsu blitzes him into the ground.

And that's all entry level stuff for Natsu, before the time skip and his most recent power boost.

To be specific, he can make his body so hot that metal melts when it comes into contact with him.

And he once fought a guy that was attacking him by creating explosions that came from Natsu's own body. Natsu ate the explosions and laughed it off.

Natsu's thinking is faster than Garth's thinking is the problem. Since Natsu is quite a lot faster than Garth is seems.

Garth can try to freeze Natsu, but he'll have to deal with a giant, landscape changing, army wiping, stone melting fire blast rushing towards him at the same time.
    What about the fact Garth controls heat and cold he could just change the temperature of the fire

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Morning View Post
    Early on in the series Natsu was able to do stuff like dodge rpgs at close range after they are fired, cross a room and kick rpgs out of the air, jump headfirst through a steel-plated floor to catch a throwing knife between his teeth, and use falling debris like stepping stones.

By now, after numerous all-purpose power-ups that have him flat out blitzing people who blitz people who blitz people, I'm betting Natsu AOEs the entire battlefield before Garth can do a thing.

ALSO: from what I could tell, both scans of Garth showed his hand outstretched toward his target (more clearly in the first). If he has to actually "aim" his power, it's all the more delay that's going to get him smoked. Frankly, even without a speed advantage, I don't like his odds of messing with the temperature of a guy who evaporates a lake just by getting close.
    Second image he just glows his eyes he doesn't move his hands.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    What about the fact Garth controls heat and cold he could just change the temperature of the fire
    Well, has Garth ever used this ability to nullify fire attacks, especially fire attacks that are on par with the stuff Natsu spits out?

And if he can nullify fire attacks, can he do it fast enough? Because, Natsu is still quite a lot faster than Garth. Hell, Natsu's fire is probably. It can reach targets that so far away that most people can't actually see them in an instant or so. And that's just tiny puffs of flames that Natsu spits out with zero effort.

So Natsu is reacting faster than Garth to the bell and spitting out his giant fire blasts that are also moving really fast. Would Garth be able to do anything before his exploded by dragon fire and then pounced upon by a super strong brute who is also on fire? Based on what we're seeing in this thread, I'm thinking nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    why do you remind me of better days, nik?
    Come now. The current arc is just fine.

It's not as good as the Phantom Lord or Tartaros arcs, but it's got some nifty fights so far and it has freaking Acnologia tear fools up (just the one fool at the moment, but there's plenty of fools left). And I'm interested in Zeref's ultimate goals.

Say what you want about the series (which is a lot to be fair), but Zeref and Acnologia are great villains.

Well, has Garth ever used this ability to nullify fire attacks, especially fire attacks that are on par with the stuff Natsu spits out?

And if he can nullify fire attacks, can he do it fast enough? Because, Natsu is still quite a lot faster than Garth. Hell, Natsu's fire is probably. It can reach targets that so far away that most people can't actually see them in an instant or so. And that's just tiny puffs of flames that Natsu spits out with zero effort.

So Natsu is reacting faster than Garth to the bell and spitting out his giant fire blasts that are also moving really fast. Would Garth be able to do anything before his exploded by dragon fire and then pounced upon by a super strong brute who is also on fire? Based on what we're seeing in this thread, I'm thinking nope.

It's not as good as the Phantom Lord or Tartaros arcs, but it's got some nifty fights so far and it has freaking Acnologia tear fools up (just the one fool at the moment, but there's plenty of fools left). And I'm interested in Zeref's ultimate goals.

Say what you want about the series (which is a lot to be fair), but Zeref and Acnologia are great villains.
    not saying it's gotten bad or nothing. it just that i'm less interested than i use to be. i still read but i don't really go out of my way to read it like i use to.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    not saying it's gotten bad or nothing. it just that i'm less interested than i use to be. i still read but i don't really go out of my way to read it like i use to.
    Fair enough and understandable.

Good thing the last Erza fight was good. I'm thinking that how her next fight goes will determine a lot of how this arc will be judged.

Fair enough and understandable.

Good thing the last Erza fight was good. I'm thinking that how her next fight goes will determine a lot of how this arc will be judged.
    true. the war arc does have it's moments.

BANNED

Aquaman #61 he took Hellfire with no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Aquaman #61 he took Hellfire with no problem.
    How strong was it.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

That Hellfire had better be really impressive, considering the feats that Natsu's fire has shown on this thread, and other stuff like him being able to eat (with effort) Godslayer Fire Magic pre-timeskip, or, post-timeskip, doing things like one-shotting an S-class mage like Bluenote with a breath attack much larger than the large rock formation he was standing and one-punching an alleged God of War the size of a small hill so hard it shattered to pieces.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 03-31-2016 at 08:03 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    How strong was it.
    Lol I was hoping we'd assume that it was however hot Hellfire is normally depicted as which I don't even know hot hot Hellfire is.. I went into deep comic hunting to find that feat..

In seriousness it burned a guy named Noble's face physically he was on par if not stronger then Aquaman whose taken heat vision but that's not saying much considering Aquaman took Hellfire in that same issue...

I'll find more stuff though rest assure.

Anyways is Natsu's fire temperature even measurable or are we looking at destructive power of his attacks?
    Last edited by MadFacedKid; 03-31-2016 at 09:25 PM.