Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Better then Batman anyone else angry about the new Nightwing plot ?

I am they might as well have called it batman sucks or you know all that history in the last 76 years it would have been better with this guy
    I was in a freak accident there were freaks everywhere Dan vs

Incredible Member

Ok babe.

The point is that in this one area this guy might be a better teacher for Dick. It's really not that controversial to say Batman isn't perfect at everything.

No, I'm not angry at all.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by hero talk View Post
    I am they might as well have called it batman sucks or you know all that history in the last 76 years it would have been better with this guy
    You really don't know what the plot is about do you???

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HellHere View Post
    Ok babe.

The point is that in this one area this guy might be a better teacher for Dick. It's really not that controversial to say Batman isn't perfect at everything.
    Man...cant someone else get a little shine. I love Batman but his superiority can some time be at the expense of others being marginalized.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Oh, you know what it's about already!? That's pretty cool that you got told what the story was about while the rest of us have just a title to go on.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    Oh, you know what it's about already!? That's pretty cool that you got told what the story was about while the rest of us have just a title to go on.
    We also have a name...the Raptor (or the Rapture; I'm not sure). The success of this storyline would depend on how this new mentor is characterized.

My question is why DC needed to create a new character for this. They own countless Batman wannabes already (like Mr. Scarlet and most other mystery-men).

Amazing Member

Nightwing defeated Batman in a fistfight in Nightwing #30

Were you salty then too, OP?

I doubt Batman's upset about it, so you shouldn't be either...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    Man...cant someone else get a little shine. I love Batman but his superiority can some time be at the expense of others being marginalized.
    Batgod is All.
    Batgod is Love.

Seriously, we don't know how this is going to play out. Might as well just relax and see what happens. (And then get angry.)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by HellHere View Post
    Batgod is All.
    Batgod is Love.

Seriously, we don't know how this is going to play out. Might as well just relax and see what happens. (And then get angry.)
    it just seem like to me they were saying this new guy is better at teaching nightwing then batman could ever be
    I was in a freak accident there were freaks everywhere Dan vs

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    We also have a name...the Raptor (or the Rapture; I'm not sure). The success of this storyline would depend on how this new mentor is characterized.

My question is why DC needed to create a new character for this. They own countless Batman wannabes already (like Mr. Scarlet and most other mystery-men).
    I guess to introduce something new to Dick's Mythos and world building instead of cherry picking characters from Batman's which is what they need to do. IMO
    Last edited by OWL45; 03-29-2016 at 07:12 AM.

Incredible Member

it just seem like to me they were saying this new guy is better at teaching nightwing then batman could ever be
    I took it as them addressing the issue of if Bruce trained Dick to be the best he could be given his skill set, natural abilities, and personality or did Bruce train him to be like him. I think that is a fair question and very intresting.

Seeley said in an interview (on ComicVine).
    "We are going to set him up with a new mentor, who is maybe better suited for Dick than Batman is because they have very different personalities. We are starting to ask the questions. Did Dick learn the right things from Batman?"

This seems to me as if Raptor will teach Dick different things, things Batman did or could not teach him. I think that sounds promising.

To me the new title feels like a joke between King and Seeley while also picking up the general impression that Dick (or really everyone) gets overshadowed by Batman too often, especially in the Nightwing role. It's what happened especially in N52!NW because of all the crossovers. It's a provoking perhaps even childish title but that's exactly why I like it.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Nope. I'm not angry about it at all. Seeley's been doing great things for the character since he came on board and has really worked to pull him out from under Batman's shadow. I hope this story is another step along that path.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG