Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Seeley sort of touched on this in the video interview he did with Comic Vine right after the REBIRTH announcement (sorry, can't do a link right now, you can find it linked on Seeley's Twitter). When asked about the question of Dick's secret identity, he said that the end of Grayson will "put that genie back in the bottle," and that Dick could just be Dick Grayson hanging around in coffee shops if he wanted to. The first couple of issues of Nightwing will be about why he doesn't want to do that, and what he is doing instead.
    A day job might be useful though. Bruce doesn't have the wealth he once had, and Kyle Higgins blew up Dick's independent source of income way back in the previous Nightwing run.

I trust Tim Seeley to find something for Dick to do that makes sense for his character. I wish we hadn't had to lose the spy gig so soon, but it'll be interesting to see what that is.

Quote Originally Posted by jules View Post
    A day job might be useful though. Bruce doesn't have the wealth he once had, and Kyle Higgins blew up Dick's independent source of income way back in the previous Nightwing run.

I trust Tim Seeley to find something for Dick to do that makes sense for his character. I wish we hadn't had to lose the spy gig so soon, but it'll be interesting to see what that is.
    Well, there aren't too many day jobs that would allow for the kind of international shenanigans Seeley seems to have in mind, . My guess is that King resolves Bruce's money issues very quickly (or just sweeps that plotline aside and ignores it), or else Dick ends up "working" for the Parliament, who likely have pretty much unlimited funds.

It the original post referencing the current Grayson book or upcoming Nightwing?

Love the character and for whatever reason (and it sounds like I'm missing out) have never read the Grayson stuff.

Incredible Member

"Better than Batman" is going to be the title of the first arc in the new Nightwing book.

And yes, Grayson was a lot of fun. I really hope that carries over and Dick doesn't get too tossed about by the currents of the bigger Bat books.

Quote Originally Posted by HellHere View Post
    "Better than Batman" is going to be the title of the first arc in the new Nightwing book.

And yes, Grayson was a lot of fun. I really hope that carries over and Dick doesn't get too tossed about by the currents of the bigger Bat books.
    Got it. Thanks.

I'll pick up the trades of Grayson and read them...I just have never picked it up, then all the sudden was several issues behind so decided t wait. but it sounds great.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Seeley sort of touched on this in the video interview he did with Comic Vine right after the REBIRTH announcement (sorry, can't do a link right now, you can find it linked on Seeley's Twitter). When asked about the question of Dick's secret identity, he said that the end of Grayson will "put that genie back in the bottle," and that Dick could just be Dick Grayson hanging around in coffee shops if he wanted to. The first couple of issues of Nightwing will be about why he doesn't want to do that, and what he is doing instead.
    He should just be a full time hero. That is what made Spyral such a good direction in the end because it solved the need for him to have a normal job. By him not having one anymore. He isn't Spider-man or Daredevil where he wants to do anything else other than be a hero. I figured they would hide his identity again, but really, it isn't lile not having a secret identity anymore really impacted him that much anyway.

Spectacular Member

Seems like it wouldn't be a bad thing for Dick to learn new things from someone different. Batman's methods aren't everyone's, Dick might get something actually better out of it.