Default IDW Walt Disney Comics and Stories Trades.

Hello all, i'm new here and i've been looking all over for a place to ask this question. I bought the first few issues of WDC&S from IDW just to see if i would like it. I enjoyed it enough but i wasn't going to keep buying them. Except for my two year old loves to look at the pages and i summarize the stories for him. So i've continued buying the issues. I like the long zodiac stone story arc.

My question is why isn't IDW releasing this series in trade format? They've done it for their other 3 disney series. IDW is hard to contact and they don't seem to release very much information about a series.

Growing up i was a big fan of old disney cartoons from the 40s and 50s. These comics feel like a spiritual successor to those cartoons.

Just as an aside. My favorite comics are Usagi Yojimbo, TMNT, IDW's new Star Trek series, Groo the Wanderer (i love the art), and i've spent the past 2 years reading a lot of stuff on marvel unlimited. I love the cosmic side of Marvel and i'm slowly catching up to the modern arcs (i'm currently reading Annihilation). I wouldn't call myself a Marvel guy but i guess i kind of am now.

I believe they're waiting until the Zodiac Stone storyline is completed to collect it. They've already collected all the various back-up stories along with the 75th Anniversary issue as a trade.

Nice to see another Usagi fan!

Duck Avenger

That's right. We're putting the Zodiac Stone story out as a standalone book—hardback only, at least at first.

Backups from WDCS 721-726 went into our 75th Anniversary WDCS trade; backups from WDCS 727-732 will go into a future WDCS trade yet to be decided (might be holiday-themed).

From 733 on, WDCS will be more trade-friendly all around, so the issues will then be collected three-to-a-trade like our other titles presently are.

thanks! I'll have to pick that up.