Incredible Member

Default Thoughts on Flash crossing over on SUPERGIRL

I have a couple of thoughts on how the shows could use this crossover.

If they don't want to actually intro Supergirl onto the ARROW or FLASH, why couldn't Melissa appear as the character of Karen Starr / Power Girl? It would give those shows a Supergirl type character without having to deal with why there is no Superman character. And Melissa may enjoy playing more aggressive character of Power Girl / Karen.

And over on SUPERGIRL, Kara could go to Central City on her Earth and maybe meet a non-powered Barry Allen. Or she could need to arrange a meeting for Cat with the mayor of Star City - Oliver Queen. And maybe this Oliver's mother hasn't been killed? And he is decidedly not Green Arrow. And maybe tries to get Kara into bed?? It would be a way fun episode!

Just a few thoughts.

I'm fine with Flash and Supergirl but keep the girl away from Green Arrow and the whole show.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I think they pretty capably set up a way to work Supergirl, the character, into the CW-verse if CBS doesn't pick the show up for a second season.

Niffleheim

Keep her away from Arrow my god the earnestness and speeches/long monologues will kill any enthusiasm one has for the show.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

I thought it was a pretty fun episode overall. Supergirl and Flash (with credit to the actors) interacted very well. ARROW's probably my favorite series of the current DC-TV bunch, so I'd be up for Kara making an appearance there but I'd rather have her crossover to the FLASH.

I had fun with it, I can't wait for future cross-overs. The tv shows are becoming full fledged comics now, it's amazing.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I do want to see Kara interact with Earth-1 (which is what I'll call the Arrowverse Earth) Green Arrow, just because of how much of a contrast it would be from her team-up with Barry.

She and Barry being so similar in terms of their personalities and how they operate as Superheroes helped them get along so well, but I'd really like to see how she would react to Ollie, Star City, and Green Arrow given how different it is from what she's used to.
    Last edited by Frontier; 03-29-2016 at 07:15 PM.

I don't think they want a Karen Starr/Power Girl character in the Arrowverse. Having Superman "off-screen" in the Supergirl show, but not showing up when things get bad, is weird enough, but probably inescapable. Why duplicate it in the Arrowverse (with Power Girl instead of Superman) when you don't need to?

And Barry, on Kara's Earth, Googled Cicso, Caitlyn, and Harriosn Wells, and didn't find any of them. Barry Allen and Oliver Queen may not exist in her world either. Kara's world seems "further away" from Barry's than Jay Garrick's world (the one they call Earth-2) is.

I'm surprised Barry didn't refer to Kara's world as Earth-3, so they could quibble over who deserves to get called Earth-1.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Spectacular Member

I enjoyed the crossover episode. Barry mixed well with Kara and her friends.

*I wish Supergirl and Flash had found a way to defeat Livewire and Silver Banshee instead of the fire department.

Barry whipped up earplugs for Silver Banshee. Why didn't Supergirl remember she used water to defeat Liveewire the 1st time?

Flash's appearance boosted Supergirl's ratings, over 7 million watched. Hope this helps Supergirl get renewed for 2nd season.

Funny that DC killed off Kara Supergirl and Barry Flash in 1985 CRISIS 31 years ago.

Liked footrace at end. Hope these 2 meet again!

BANNED

I really liked it a lot. Supergirl has become one of my favorite shows along With the Flash.
    As far as Arrow goes maybe Gotham would be a better show for a crossover.

Retired

I think next season (season 5 for ARROW, season 3 for THE FLASH and season 2 for SUPERGIRL and LEGENDS OF TOMORROW) should end in the Crisis. Worlds will die, worlds will live and nothing will ever be the same. It could be a way to bring ARROW to a close and kick start a couple of new shows.

Though it's probably better that Flash and Supergirl are on different Earths. If they co-existed on the same Earth, too many fans would ship Karry Danlen/Bara Alvers and their romance would overtake both shows.

All-New Member

Laughed out loud at Cat's line which went something like "You look like the young and diverse cast of a CW show"

BANNED

[QUOTE=Jim Kelly;1902447]I think next season (season 5 for ARROW, season 3 for THE FLASH and season 2 for SUPERGIRL and LEGENDS OF TOMORROW) should end in the Crisis. Worlds will die, worlds will live and nothing will ever be the same.
    But Barry and Kara die in the Crissis.