Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by THE ADJUDICATOR View Post
    .......and CBS is still waffling over whether to renew this show,while the aging,barely breathing dinosaurs NCIS and CRIMINAL MINDS get Oxygen tanks for 2 more years.

Maybe SUPERGIRL would get more respect on the CW,where it could run back-to-back with THE FLASH on Tuesday nights.
    Because those two barely breathing dinosaurs bring in ratings every episode better than all but Supergirl's premier may have something to do with it.

Honestly renewing Supergirl is a bad idea it will never reach 4 seasons so will never get syndication. Hitting 1.3 in a first season is terrible so unless they retool the show just put it out of it's misery now rather than watch it limp to fractional in it's second season.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yes, aging, barely breathing dinosaurs which finished first (15.1 million viewers) and eighth (9.8 million) respectively in last week's Neilsen ratings. Sorry, but that's a poor, and uninformed example to support your argument. If CBS continues giving those shows oxygen as you say, it's because they bring in viewers which, in turn, brings in advertising dollars and fills The Eye's coffers. As for Supergirl, I suppose someone has to ask this question, so I'll volunteer myself: did last night's episode represent the show getting it's second wind, or was it merely a dead cat bounce?
    The website tvbythenumbers does a weekly "cancellation index"; they rate Supergirl as "likely to be renewed." Note that CBS hasn't come out with decisions on any of their 5 freshman shows; my guess is that they want to do them all at once for some reason.

@CaptainPlanet: Sorry you didn't enjoy having the firefighters save the day, but I look to the show for the emotional logic (i.e., "character moments"), not the tactical logic of what's the best move by Hero X against Villain Y. (If you want to get serious about the latter, given how fast the Flash is able to move, he should be invincible against anybody but another speedster. That would really narrow the story possibilities.) I loved the episode because I loved the interactions between Kara and Barry, and the ripple effects on James and Winn. And I'm really grateful that there are shows like "Supergirl" and "Flash" for people like me who are comics fans who prefer the brighter, more optimistic end of the spectrum to grim 'n gritty.

Astonishing Member

Comic fans are a tough crowd to satisfy. Over at tvbythenumbers, everyone cheered for supergirl saying this is one of the best episode in months, perhaps due to flash.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

As sappy as Supergirl gets most of the time it seems to pull me back in every few episodes with something fun and cool like this episode or the one a few weeks ago when Kara went bad after being exposed to red kryptonite. I really have liked about everytime they have show the Martian Manhunter on the show too.

Quote Originally Posted by pogofan View Post
    The website tvbythenumbers does a weekly "cancellation index"; they rate Supergirl as "likely to be renewed." Note that CBS hasn't come out with decisions on any of their 5 freshman shows; my guess is that they want to do them all at once for some reason.

@CaptainPlanet: Sorry you didn't enjoy having the firefighters save the day, but I look to the show for the emotional logic (i.e., "character moments"), not the tactical logic of what's the best move by Hero X against Villain Y. (If you want to get serious about the latter, given how fast the Flash is able to move, he should be invincible against anybody but another speedster. That would really narrow the story possibilities.) I loved the episode because I loved the interactions between Kara and Barry, and the ripple effects on James and Winn. And I'm really grateful that there are shows like "Supergirl" and "Flash" for people like me who are comics fans who prefer the brighter, more optimistic end of the spectrum to grim 'n gritty.
    I totally agree that the character moments are what shows like the Flash great but I felt all logics were offended in this move.

You can have both the character moments and the "tactical logic". The writers thinking you can only have one or the other is what led me to feeling emotionally frustrated instead of emotionally satisfied when two great heroes stumbled around, easily defeated by a villain that could be beat with a hose.

Fantastic Member

.......and CBS is still waffling over whether to renew this show,while the aging,barely breathing dinosaurs NCIS and CRIMINAL MINDS get Oxygen tanks for 2 more years.

Maybe SUPERGIRL would get more respect on the CW,where it could run back-to-back with THE FLASH on Tuesday nights.
    Problem is...unless they cancel another show there's nowhere to put iZombie if you put Supergirl on after...and I personally love the show

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    I think people need a break after that hilariously bad ending. The awesome team up of the Flash and Supergirl! Watch as these two great super heroes team up to be completely useless against Live wire and are saved by two firefighters and a hose.

What an unsatisfying and lame way to play out a team up.
    I liked it.
    Something non-traditional.
    Everybody expected both of them to kick their asses, but instead the real heroes did the job. Clever.

And the character moments more than made up for it.

Amazing Member

Loved the episode -- should've been a two parter! Or at least, make extra portions of the story available for viewing online at CBS

CW renewed EVERY show for next season, 15 shows. So Supergirl moving to the CW isn't the slam dunk people think it is. CW only airs 10 hours of new programming a week. So with 15 hour long shows to put on in 10 hours of showtime they already have to shuffle shows in and out. A sixteenth show would be even more difficult to fit in. Also I don't think running two superhero shows back to back is that good of idea, hero overload. Just keep it on Mondays.Flash survives running against NCIS and The Voice. Supergirl would get good enough CW numbers running against the other Monday show, even if they aren't good enough for CBS. Can't do much worse than Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. Plus doing a four day crossover event would be epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I liked it.
    Something non-traditional.
    Everybody expected both of them to kick their asses, but instead the real heroes did the job. Clever.

And the character moments more than made up for it.
    Everyone says that in real life the policemen and firemen are the real heroes. Nice to see them acknowledge that.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    Thank you. I felt like someone drenched me with cold water. It just reminded me why i stopped watching.

The race was too short.
    I think what this episode was regrettably missing were slow motion sequences filmed in the rain with a pounding industrial metal soundtrack playing thunderously over a crowd looking up at Kara asshe she looks down on the city with her eyes glowing red, face filled with taut misery, repeating over and over that she doesn't feel ready for this, while Cat Grant coldly states that National City doesn't need a god. (This line should be repeated 50 times throughout the episode so that the audience GETS IT. Because y'know, this is IMPORTANT.)

Meanwhile, Barry should be uh, in a cemetery? Yeah, a cemetary, holding uh, holding uh, Max Lord's corpse or something. And DEFINITELY crying.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I think what this episode was regrettably missing were slow motion sequences filmed in the rain with a pounding industrial metal soundtrack playing thunderously over a crowd looking up at Kara asshe she looks down on the city with her eyes glowing red, face filled with taut misery, repeating over and over that she doesn't feel ready for this, while Cat Grant coldly states that National City doesn't need a god. (This line should be repeated 50 times throughout the episode so that the audience GETS IT. Because y'know, this is IMPORTANT.)

Meanwhile, Barry should be uh, in a cemetery? Yeah, a cemetary, holding uh, holding uh, Max Lord's corpse or something. And DEFINITELY crying.
    LOL, one does get the idea that the folks who gave Batman v Superman 5 stars are the same ones taking a dump on Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    LOL, one does get the idea that the folks who gave Batman v Superman 5 stars are the same ones taking a dump on Supergirl.
    Word.

I have no shame in saying I enjoyed this crossover 1000x more than BvS.

Magick is Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Word.

I have no shame in saying I enjoyed this crossover 1000x more than BvS.
    Pretty much that.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I like the Supergirl series, so I don't see your point. It's certainly better than Arrow these days, but that's not saying much.